JNet

sputum test at st lukes

6 posts in this topic

Anyone here have a fiance in the Philippines that had to have a sputum culture done? My fiance had stage 1 pneumonia 3 yrs. ago and had a doctor's certificate stating she was healthy. They saw a small area during the chest xray at St. Lukes and now they are taking a culture and said it would be 2 months before they had the results. Please respond if you know anyone or anything about the experience. Thanks, Joe

Anyone here have a fiance in the Philippines that had to have a sputum culture done? My fiance had stage 1 pneumonia 3 yrs. ago and had a doctor's certificate stating she was healthy. They saw a small area during the chest xray at St. Lukes and now they are taking a culture and said it would be 2 months before they had the results. Please respond if you know anyone or anything about the experience. Thanks, Joe

Don't have any personal experience, but everything i see here say that if SLEC see anything on the Xray they do the sputum test, My fiancée had TB yrs ago. She goes yearly and i s cleared buy her doctor and has the xrays to show it. another VJ er had the same problem, old TB scaring. she had xrays from her doctor showing all was well and the SLEC still is doing the sputum test. So after we make it to this point they tack on another 2 months

June 2006 Met on Myspace
Sep 21 2007 Proposed and she accepted
Dec 9 2007 Arrived in Manila
Dec 15 2007 Returned home, very sad day
Dec 21 2007 Sent Form I-129F to CSC
Dec 24 2007 Packet received at CSC
Dec 31 2007 NOA 1 received
Jan 02 2008 Check cashed
May 05 2008 NOA2
May 12 2008 Received letter from NVC MNL2008xxxxxx
May 19 2008 Paid Delbros fee at Metrobank
May 20 2008 First day of medical
May 21 2008 Told to return for sputum test
May 21 2008 Delbros confirmed receiving payment
May 27 2008 Delbros sent proof of payment to USEM
May 27,28,29 2008 Sputum test done
June 6 2008 Delbros sent doc ver request to the NSO
June 27 2008 NSO doc ver completed, to be picked up by USEM
July 1, 2008 Called USEM, doc ver is at the embassy
July 30, 2008 Passed the sputum test and finished the physical
Aug 5, 2008 Interview, PASSED received PINK SLIP
Aug 12 2008 VISA IN HAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you God
Aug 16,2008 Flight to US. Manila to Narita, to Chicago
Sept 8, 2008 Civil wedding
Feb 14, 2009 Big fancy wedding
groupresized.jpg

There has been about 5 VJers going through sputum test lately. I believe James@Rachel is still waiting for results. Eight weeks may seem like a long time, but it is better than an outright visa denial.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Don't have any personal experience, but everything i see here say that if SLEC see anything on the Xray they do the sputum test, My fiancée had TB yrs ago. She goes yearly and i s cleared buy her doctor and has the xrays to show it. another VJ er had the same problem, old TB scaring. she had xrays from her doctor showing all was well and the SLEC still is doing the sputum test. So after we make it to this point they tack on another 2 months

same thing happened to my friend. she had been cured for TB but SLEC still had her sputum test only to find out that she is really fine. the result took weeks and cost her so much coz she lives in Davao and had to stay in a hotel just for that.

now shes here in the US and still having problems with her TB issue that causes AOS delay.

Edited by lirachadsbaby

Thanks for everyone that was able to respond. I am curious about the girl from Davao. Do you know why she did not fly back home since it takes 2 mos. for the result. I really hope things work out for her while applying for her AOS. By the way, my fiance said that there were so many girls taking the same test she was shocked. It must be a real issue there. Thanks again, Joe

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi Joe,

This is sophie, I did 3 days sputum test last Dec 26-28, and have a negative result,I am still waiting for culture result until Feb 20, it takes 8 weeks to have that result plus several days for data encoding , You'll receive a phone call from SLEC if it is ready to release the result, and also SLEC will re-sched your interview. I am praying and Hoping that my interview will fall either mid Feb. or 1st week of march.... I am very disappointed that time, but i don't have a choice.... :crying::crying: . Feel free to send me a PM if you have any question, I will make a post here for any updates.

regards,

sophie

Edited by sophie88c

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.