dreamscometrue

Q about what to send foreign fiancee for interview

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

1. When it says "all originals" of documentary proof, does it really mean this? Like original birth certificates, etc??? What exactly does it mean? That seems strange to let originals go... how can one keep them guaranteed safe?

2. Should he take things he has received from me? Such as cards, etc.? Should I send original stuff from him, or copies?

3. Any other suggestions?

THANKS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
1. When it says "all originals" of documentary proof, does it really mean this? Like original birth certificates, etc??? What exactly does it mean? That seems strange to let originals go... how can one keep them guaranteed safe?

2. Should he take things he has received from me? Such as cards, etc.? Should I send original stuff from him, or copies?

3. Any other suggestions?

THANKS

You SO will need to be able to provide original documents that you sent copies of. So yes you need to send these. I sent mine fed ex. Its expensive but we could track it and gave us peace of mind.

Yes, he should take originals of anything the two of you have exchanged to show if needed. Any and ALL corospondance as well as chats, phone records, shipping recipets, anything that shows contact between you. Once again he will need originals to show if asked.

Same as above, your fiance needs those originals as proof. He probably wont have to fork them all over to the consulate, so you should get them back safely.

I loaded my husband down with evidence, figuring to err on the side of overkill. I prepared a large organized packet with:

6-8 new photos that we had not included in the original petition

6-8 each of emails and chat logs that spanned from the time the petition was filed up to the interview

all the paper correspondence (envelopes, letters, postcards, box lids with stamps) we exchanged

passport copies showing entry/exit stamps

all hotel receipts from visits to Maroc

all purchase receipts from visits to Maroc

all banking receipts from visits to Maroc

all ticket stubs and iteneraries from visits to Maroc

all our phone records from the time of filing the petition up to the interview

copies of all USCIS correspondence

an original BC of mine

updated fiance(e) letters of intent

affidavit of support (with piles of paystubs and tax records, but I dont think they care about this stuff anymore)

I cant remember what all else I stuffed in there because its been over a year, but the overkill did the job. The consulate only wanted to see our photos and ignored everything else in the packet. Go figure.

I gave him explicit instructions on the photos, correspondence, etc that he needed to include from his side and where to arrange it in the packet. I made him promise to force it on the consular officer, because at the time Casa was infamous for denying visas for lack of proof of relationship.

ETA: He also included his original BC, all his original diplomas, and cert of celibacy and translations for each

Edited by yassmine2878

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.