6 posts in this topic

Hello! We are at the last leg of the petition process via CR1 route...but my 3 year old daughter is way behind, in fact her petition will still be submitted this Feb. 2008. So if I get an approved CR1 visa by April or May this year is it possible for me to fly to the US to see my husband and just stay there for 2 weeks just to make sure I don't go beyond the 6 month validity of the visa and then just come back to the Philippines and wait for my daughter's approval? Any input will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

This is certainly acceptable.

A cr/1 or ir/1 visa will be stamped into your passport on entry, and is valid for travel into the USA until the green card arrives.

My wife and daughter may not move immediately to USA because of school, and property in China that need to be arranged for.

We are considering flying them in/out of USA just so they can visit their american home, and to get the green card and ss# processing started.

Best of luck to you.

Hello! We are at the last leg of the petition process via CR1 route...but my 3 year old daughter is way behind, in fact her petition will still be submitted this Feb. 2008. So if I get an approved CR1 visa by April or May this year is it possible for me to fly to the US to see my husband and just stay there for 2 weeks just to make sure I don't go beyond the 6 month validity of the visa and then just come back to the Philippines and wait for my daughter's approval? Any input will be highly appreciated. Thanks.
This sounds really goofy.

1. You're coming to the U.S. on a CR-1 visa.

2. The child's I-130 has not even been submitted.

3. You want to leave the U.S. two weeks after you arrive, and go back to the Philppines.

None of this will work the way your query has been writtten.

1. Are you on a CR-1 path or K3 path?

2. If on a CR-1 path, you can come to the U.S., wait a few weeks for your Green Card, then return to the Philippines.

3. If the child's I-130 petition has not been submitted yet, it will be 12-13 months for the child to get a CR-2 visa after the petition is submitted.

Do I have to wait for the green card to be mailed and apply for SSN first before I can leave US to go back to the Philippines? I thought the stamp would suffice. Thanks.

Kalai&malia

Well none of this would have happened if USCIS didnt mislead us into thinking that we can bring the child with just my I-130 alone. So we filed for K3 and we waited for months and months for the approval of the K3 only to find out it was cancelled because my I-130 is already approved. Hence, we have to submit for the child and not all of us have a lot of money. If USCIS didn't give us wrong information then we only would be paying the original amount before the fee increase last July 31.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

You are correct, the stamp in your passport is sufficient for you to travel before you get the actual green card.

I don't think they meant to mislead you, but it is difficult to get good information from them.

I agree with the one poster though, it will take a year or more to get your baby here, however you have no other choice that I know of. At least during that year you can fly back to America to be with your husband part of the time.

Sorry for your situation.

I do wonder why you are waiting until Feb, to file. Seems like nothing happens at uscis for 4 month anyway, might as well get your application in the list.

You wouldn't believe that we spoke to 3 different supervisors and 4 agents in many different times and almost all gave us wrong information. To quote, this is what the supervisor even said. "NO YOU DON'T HAVE TO APPLY FOR A DIFFERENT PETITION FOR THE CHILD SINCE SHES A MINOR AND SHE WILL BE INCLUDED WITH THE MOTHER'S I-130." And the worst is the other supervisor named Jessica...she said " THE STEP FATHER (MY USC HUSBAND) CANNOT PETITION THE CHILD THE MOTHER (ME) SHOULD ,SO SHE (ME) HAS TO WAIT FOR THE GREEN CARD OR TO BECOME A CITIZEN BEFORE THE PETITION FOR THE CHILD TAKE PLACE." SUCH IDIOTS!

Anyway, my husband is seeking the help of his congressman to help our child's case be expedited as soon as we start the petition hopefully we will be looking at a 6-8 months process for my daughter.

Thank you for your responses.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.