yassmine2878

Caturday!

44 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Does anyone know where I can get those glass tea mugs that they have in Egypt? I mean not the exact ones obviously but at least something similar? I'm trying to stock up on things that he might like in the kitchen and all I have are huge ceramic mugs that I drink coffee in. My entire hot beverage set up is customed towards coffee, not tea so I need to do some major reworking I think. :unsure:

Prolly best for him to bring them, however, I have seen them at the local Int'l stores.

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Does anyone know where I can get those glass tea mugs that they have in Egypt? I mean not the exact ones obviously but at least something similar? I'm trying to stock up on things that he might like in the kitchen and all I have are huge ceramic mugs that I drink coffee in. My entire hot beverage set up is customed towards coffee, not tea so I need to do some major reworking I think. :unsure:

Are they like the Moroccan ones?

We picked up a set at one of the Arab groceries, looks something like this:

istockphoto_741021_moroccan_mint_tea_set.jpg

no but those are a lot nicer and more in line with what i'd be looking for! The ones he has have some advertisement on them. Maybe of cigarettes? lol. Anyhoo just finding glasses without a handle that you'd put tea in is the trick so I'll go looking next weekend at one of those stores. That one is beautiful!

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

no but those are a lot nicer and more in line with what i'd be looking for! The ones he has have some advertisement on them. Maybe of cigarettes? lol. Anyhoo just finding glasses without a handle that you'd put tea in is the trick so I'll go looking next weekend at one of those stores. That one is beautiful!

I don't know if you have a Cost Plus near by, but they have these~

http://s7ondemand1.scene7.com/is/image/CPW...n_tea_glasses_E?

http://www.worldmarket.com/kitchen-tableto...0%7C0/index.pro

I brought back some nice ones on my last trip. I hope you find what you're looking for.

Label.jpg

.png

mybabygirl-1-1.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Timeline

one more for the day (maybe)... I posted in another more appropriate thread, but it *is* Caturday, so here goes again:

funny-pictures-cat-blocks-computer.jpg

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

Timeline

I don't know if you have a Cost Plus near by, but they have these~

http://s7ondemand1.scene7.com/is/image/CPW...n_tea_glasses_E?

http://www.worldmarket.com/kitchen-tableto...0%7C0/index.pro

I brought back some nice ones on my last trip. I hope you find what you're looking for.

We don't have those stores but now that I think of it I might be able to find some at TJ Maxx or Home Goods!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees I do. I got a set from Ross. I often see them there at different Ross Stores around the country. I saw them in the Salt Lake City Ross and in the Spokane Ross and I've even seen them in the Boise Ross and even the local Moscow Ross. I know they are on the West Coast at least but I don't know about the East Coast. :)

Edited by Olivia*

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees I do. I got a set from Ross. I often see them there at different Ross Stores around the country. I saw them in the Salt Lake City Ross and in the Spokane Ross and I've even seen them in the Boise Ross and even the local Moscow Ross. I know they are on the West Coast at least but I don't know about the East Coast. :)

nope we don't have a ross. Wow I'm starting to feel deprived! We don't have so many of the stores that the rest of the country has. Heck we only JUST started to have Krispy Kremes around here!

Timeline
nope we don't have a ross. Wow I'm starting to feel deprived! We don't have so many of the stores that the rest of the country has. Heck we only JUST started to have Krispy Kremes around here!

Well, don't feel bad, we have World Market & Ross, but *no* Dunkin Donuts! We had one when I was a kid, but not anymore. Oh well, it's probably for the best!

BJsTm6.png

Timeline

Well, don't feel bad, we have World Market & Ross, but *no* Dunkin Donuts! We had one when I was a kid, but not anymore. Oh well, it's probably for the best!

As much as I love my lattes from Starbucks I could never live without a Dunkin Donuts! I mean heck you just can't beat the drive thru!!!! lol.

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Happy Saturday ladies.

:star:

I've been up since 7:30 because the furnace people were coming to tape up all the ducts in the attic. Joy!

But, incredibly enough, the house is about a million degrees warmer and I haven't turned the heat up at all.

Maybe my heating bill will finally go down. Last month was the largest bill I've ever had. :wacko:

I keep wanting to reply in the "dealing with seperation and lonliness" thread, but every time I think I'm going to reply I stop myself. No sense in furthering the drama already going on.

Having said that, we all have missed our fiances/hubbies while we've been apart.

Heck, I probably won't even file til mid year, and going through Cairo, I can probably look forward to about a year of waiting after filing.

Not a joyous thought! lol :no:

Anyways... yay for pizza from Whole Foods.

Allah tries his chosen people through many hardships, but those who persevere through adversity, surrendering themselves before the will of Allah, shall be blessed with a superb reward.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Anas bin Malik

A time will come when the sky is torn apart; when the stars scatter, and the ocean drains away; and when the graves are tossed about, and laid open. At that time every man will be told what he has done, and what he has failed to do; and every woman will be told what she has done, and what she has failed to do.

-Qur'an, Al-Infitar, Surah 82:1-5

Timeline

As much as I love my lattes from Starbucks I could never live without a Dunkin Donuts! I mean heck you just can't beat the drive thru!!!! lol.

Well, we do have the best coffee in the south at a place called CC's Coffee *and* they have a drive-thru. Tall skinny latte all the way baby! However, this is also the land of the drive-thru daiquiri shops! Come to think of it, several of the Starbuck's here also have drive thru service.

BJsTm6.png

Timeline

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!? No Ross!!! How do East Coast ppl survive!!? LOL j/k :P

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

I went to "Taste of Nepal" night at the University and it was very nice. The food was delicious and I wish I had a chance to take more pix. Time to head home. We have snow for the next 9 days and I'm in a skirt. Yeah!

n727010153_2150442_4940.jpg

n727010153_2150455_1619.jpg

n727010153_2150443_5869.jpg

n727010153_2150441_3994.jpg

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.