lavander

what is security clearance?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi everyone?just want to ask coz i just received my EAD now i'm browsing thru job openings, i encountered a question in some of the sites while filling up online application asking for "Current Security Clearance" anybody there who has an idea of what it is? thanks!

12/06/06 129F sent

12/11/06 NOA1

12/13/06 Touched

3/5/07 Touched

3/6/07 Touched & approved!!!!

6/8/07 Medical

6/15/07 Interview

6/22/07 vISA ON HAND!!!

8/28/07 SF POE

9/29 Got married

10/19/07 Recieved SSN

11/13/07 AOS sent

Timeline

hi everyone!dunno where to post this :blush: just want to ask coz i just received my EAD now i'm browsing thru job openings, i encountered a question in some of the job sites when i tried to fill out online applications asking for "Current Security Clearance" anybody there who has an idea of what it is? thanks!

12/06/06 129F sent

12/11/06 NOA1

12/13/06 Touched

3/5/07 Touched

3/6/07 Touched & approved!!!!

6/8/07 Medical

6/15/07 Interview

6/22/07 vISA ON HAND!!!

8/28/07 SF POE

9/29 Got married

10/19/07 Recieved SSN

11/13/07 AOS sent

hi everyone!dunno where to post this :blush: just want to ask coz i just received my EAD now i'm browsing thru job openings, i encountered a question in some of the job sites when i tried to fill out online applications asking for "Current Security Clearance" anybody there who has an idea of what it is? thanks!

For some jobs (usually government ones) you need to prove that you are not a security risk. I.E. can have access to government secrets. If your not a USC you normally will not be able to get a security clearance.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

A security clearance is where they do an extensive search of your background to make sure that you can be granted whatever level clearance they are seeking. The government ones usually have names like confidential , secret, top secret. Each level is harder to get. At some level not only can you not be a non USC but you can't even have a non USC in your immediate family. They will check out your criminal history , your fiances and you medical history. They sometime also knock on neighbors doors. I think in may be in state training for immigration field investigators :o

First visit:2007-09-12 to 2008-09-23

I-129F Sent : 2007-11-24

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-11-30

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-03-31

NVC Received : 2008-04-21

NVC Left : 2008-04-23

Consulate Received : 2008-04-28

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-20

Interivew date : 2008-08-07 CO asks inappropraite questions

His father died: 2008-08-18

Retain Marc Ellis 2008-09

Visited Nigeria again: 2008-11-12

petitioned returned to CSC :2008-11-27

returned to USA 2008-12-13

His father buried 2009-01-03

picks up K1 visa Nov 2009

Marriage Dec 2009

take throne as Igwe /Lolo 2010 or 2011

Timeline
A security clearance is where they do an extensive search of your background to make sure that you can be granted whatever level clearance they are seeking. The government ones usually have names like confidential , secret, top secret. Each level is harder to get. At some level not only can you not be a non USC but you can't even have a non USC in your immediate family. They will check out your criminal history , your fiances and you medical history. They sometime also knock on neighbors doors. I think in may be in state training for immigration field investigators :o

... or 'Q' or 'L' ... :ph34r:

Timeline

For some jobs (usually government ones) you need to prove that you are not a security risk. I.E. can have access to government secrets. If your not a USC you normally will not be able to get a security clearance.

Yes that is correct, you have to be a USC to get a security Clearance. I am in process for my current job of getting one.

It can take awhile to get one. cause they do go out and investagae.

Once you get one, and you leave the county, you have to inform the Goverment that you are planing on leaving a country.

Yogi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.