lovelylady

At my Interview

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I had my interview last Jan. 4, 2008. My fiancé is with me the time I was interviewed. The Consul ask me where i meet my fiancé which I answered, how did we meet and I answer too. If both of us is single which we said yes. His follow-up question is if i had kids which i said yes as it is included at my appointment for the interview. I made it clear that they will not accompany me nor will follow me. My question is did this affect in releasing of my visa. As every thing seems to be okey. After the interview the Consul told me to proceed to window 37. There a staff gave me a paper that said document verification. I don’t have the idea what documents to be verified. He said it will take 2 to 3 weeks to release it. I paid Php 650 for the verification. And Php 165 for the Delbros delivery but until now i have not been notified by the NVC. It is hard on my part contacting the visa call center as my landline is bayantel. I am not a PLDT subscriber. I tried to buy a smart prepaid sim but it did not go thru. I ask our GM at the office if I could use our phone (as we are not allowed to place a personal call) so I could contact them. A visa call center agent said according to their system it will take 6 weeks. If there I couldn’t hear from the USEM I should contact them so they could help me. How long will it take for me to wait for a notice at USEM.

I had this idea that maybe it is my kids surname that affects the releasing of the visa.. My kids surname is different from mine as they uses their father's name although we are not legally married. In their birth certificate their father put the date and place of marriage even though no ceremonies happen. He did this for the kids to use his surname as before the civil code don’t allow to use the father’s name if the parents are not legally married. I bring the original birth certificates of the 2 kids with me should they want a proof, though the Consul did not ask for it and I am willing to explain why did this happen. I gave my CENOMAR that I get from the NSO to prove i was never married.

Anyone had similar problem with mine. What steps did you do. My fiancé was here last Jan. 1 so he could go with my interview. He is about to leave at the 18th and he get me a reservation ticket which we had it open should my visa arrived. We even work on his extention visa waiting for the approval so we could fly back to the US together. But until he leave now notification has not arrive yet. His lawyer in the US was able to talk to one Consul here in Manila but he said the Philippine document that I submitted is still verified. My fiancé already seek the help of their congressman and we are waiting for the reply yet. I feel depressed. I don’t know what to do to prove that I never married. I tried to get true and legal copies of my documents to prove that all the intentions are true. I just pray that there is still hope for me to be with my soon to be husband in the US. :crying::crying::innocent::help:

aynaku05

USA LYF

3-07-08 ** Leave the Philippines (Phil. time)

3-07-08 ** Arrived JFK airport (POE)

4-09-08 **Apply Marriage licence

4-11-08 **Apply SSN in maiden name

4-17-08 **Meet with priest (set pre-canon seminar for catholic marriages)

5-09-08 **CIVIL WEDDING

5-15-08 **Return to SS and submit marriage license

5-16-08 **Received marriage cert. on mail

5-21-08 **Received SSN card on mail

6-08-08 **Go for medical (HIV blood test, TD Shot & TB skin test)

6-10-08 **Chest X-ray

6-14-08 **Get sealed medical results

6-26-08 **Finish (3 sessions) Pre-canon seminar and received certification (ready for Catholic church wedding)

AOS TIMELINE

6-17-08 **** Sent AOS, EAD, AP application to USCIS

6-24-08 **** USCIS received AOS, EAD, AP package

6-27-08 **** NOA date for AOS, EAD & AP[/color]

7-05-08 **** Biometrics appointment letter received for AOS & EAD

7-19-08 **** Biometrics done

9-03-08 **** Received my EAD on mail

9-06-08 **** Received my AP on mail

9-22-08 **** Received AOS appointment interview in the mail

11-05-08 *** INTERVIEW DAY (thank God i pass passport was stamp I-551

11-13-08 *** Received letter in the mail WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi Everyone,

I had my interview last Jan. 4, 2008. My fiancé is with me the time I was interviewed. The Consul ask me where i meet my fiancé which I answered, how did we meet and I answer too. If both of us is single which we said yes. His follow-up question is if i had kids which i said yes as it is included at my appointment for the interview. I made it clear that they will not accompany me nor will follow me. My question is did this affect in releasing of my visa. As every thing seems to be okey. After the interview the Consul told me to proceed to window 37. There a staff gave me a paper that said document verification. I don’t have the idea what documents to be verified. He said it will take 2 to 3 weeks to release it. I paid Php 650 for the verification. And Php 165 for the Delbros delivery but until now i have not been notified by the NVC. It is hard on my part contacting the visa call center as my landline is bayantel. I am not a PLDT subscriber. I tried to buy a smart prepaid sim but it did not go thru. I ask our GM at the office if I could use our phone (as we are not allowed to place a personal call) so I could contact them. A visa call center agent said according to their system it will take 6 weeks. If there I couldn’t hear from the USEM I should contact them so they could help me. How long will it take for me to wait for a notice at USEM.

I had this idea that maybe it is my kids surname that affects the releasing of the visa.. My kids surname is different from mine as they uses their father's name although we are not legally married. In their birth certificate their father put the date and place of marriage even though no ceremonies happen. He did this for the kids to use his surname as before the civil code don’t allow to use the father’s name if the parents are not legally married. I bring the original birth certificates of the 2 kids with me should they want a proof, though the Consul did not ask for it and I am willing to explain why did this happen. I gave my CENOMAR that I get from the NSO to prove i was never married.

Anyone had similar problem with mine. What steps did you do. My fiancé was here last Jan. 1 so he could go with my interview. He is about to leave at the 18th and he get me a reservation ticket which we had it open should my visa arrived. We even work on his extention visa waiting for the approval so we could fly back to the US together. But until he leave now notification has not arrive yet. His lawyer in the US was able to talk to one Consul here in Manila but he said the Philippine document that I submitted is still verified. My fiancé already seek the help of their congressman and we are waiting for the reply yet. I feel depressed. I don’t know what to do to prove that I never married. I tried to get true and legal copies of my documents to prove that all the intentions are true. I just pray that there is still hope for me to be with my soon to be husband in the US. :crying::crying::innocent::help:

aynaku05

I don't know for sure but I think they want to verify that you are not married.

Hi Everyone,

aynaku05

If your kids will not come with you nor follow you in the near future, I don't think it will be the cause of the delay of your visa. The way i see it, maybe it's because of the documents verification. Like they always say/advise here in visajourney, we must pay the documents verification ahead of time (like 3-4 weeks before the interview date). Maybe you were not informed, or you never read a topic like that here in the forum but there's been a lot of discussions about that already. In my case, My interview will on Feb. 14 and I already paid the PHP650 verification fee at metrobank this afternoon, it's so easy though cuz i got the instruction here in vj also. Don't worry, just hope for good things to come and keep praying.. Hope your visa will be release soon. Goodluck!! :)

I-130 PETITION

May-11-07 Mailed I-130 to CSC

Sept-14-07 I-130 APPROVED!!!!..after 100 days!

NVC Process

09-24-07 NVC rec'd case/assigned number

10-08-07 DS-3032/AOS fee bill generated

10-14-07 AOS bill payment mailed from Philippines

10-15-07 e-mailed DS-3032 to NVC

10-25-07 DS-3032 entered in the system

10-29-07 IV fee bill generated

10-31-07 AOS Fee Bill processed

11-05-07 I-864 generated

11-27-07 I-864 Received

11-26-07 I-864 Mailed to NVC

11-10-07 Received IV Fee Bill

11-13-07 Paid IV Fee Bill

11-19-07 IV Bill accepted

11-26-07 DS-230 generated

12-07-07 DS-230 Received

12-10-07 DS-230 Sent to NVC

01-04-08 NVC CASE COMPLETE

USEM

02-14-2008 INTERVIEW IN USEManila (6:30am!!!)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi Everyone,

aynaku05

If your kids will not come with you nor follow you in the near future, I don't think it will be the cause of the delay of your visa. The way i see it, maybe it's because of the documents verification. Like they always say/advise here in visajourney, we must pay the documents verification ahead of time (like 3-4 weeks before the interview date). Maybe you were not informed, or you never read a topic like that here in the forum but there's been a lot of discussions about that already. In my case, My interview will on Feb. 14 and I already paid the PHP650 verification fee at metrobank this afternoon, it's so easy though cuz i got the instruction here in vj also. Don't worry, just hope for good things to come and keep praying.. Hope your visa will be release soon. Goodluck!! :)

Thank you and Good Luck on your interview...

USA LYF

3-07-08 ** Leave the Philippines (Phil. time)

3-07-08 ** Arrived JFK airport (POE)

4-09-08 **Apply Marriage licence

4-11-08 **Apply SSN in maiden name

4-17-08 **Meet with priest (set pre-canon seminar for catholic marriages)

5-09-08 **CIVIL WEDDING

5-15-08 **Return to SS and submit marriage license

5-16-08 **Received marriage cert. on mail

5-21-08 **Received SSN card on mail

6-08-08 **Go for medical (HIV blood test, TD Shot & TB skin test)

6-10-08 **Chest X-ray

6-14-08 **Get sealed medical results

6-26-08 **Finish (3 sessions) Pre-canon seminar and received certification (ready for Catholic church wedding)

AOS TIMELINE

6-17-08 **** Sent AOS, EAD, AP application to USCIS

6-24-08 **** USCIS received AOS, EAD, AP package

6-27-08 **** NOA date for AOS, EAD & AP[/color]

7-05-08 **** Biometrics appointment letter received for AOS & EAD

7-19-08 **** Biometrics done

9-03-08 **** Received my EAD on mail

9-06-08 **** Received my AP on mail

9-22-08 **** Received AOS appointment interview in the mail

11-05-08 *** INTERVIEW DAY (thank God i pass passport was stamp I-551

11-13-08 *** Received letter in the mail WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Have you tried calling the embassy? These administrative reviews are always so frustrating. They should just tell you what they are doing. :angry:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Have you tried calling the embassy? These administrative reviews are always so frustrating. They should just tell you what they are doing. :angry:

uhhmmmnnn... :unsure: They did.. Administrative Review = Case needs further review..

IR-1 Visa for Wife

NVC Case Complete = January 2, 2008

Received Packet 4 here in the US (Interview Packet) = January 18, 2008

Case Left NVC Forwarded to USEM Manila = January 23, 2008

SLEC Medical = Jan 31 and Feb 1, 2008 (2 days)

USEM Manila Interview = February 20, 2008 @ 8:30am = DONE! (Status: 2 Months wait is over APPROVED)

CFO Guidance & Counseling = April 17, 2008

Visa in Hand = April 18, 2008 (Our Wedding Anniversary)

Arrival in the US and POE = April 23, 2008 JFK Intl. Airport New York City

Social Security Card = May 2, 2008

Green Card in Hand = August 18,2008

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.