master

question about form i 864 affidavit of support

22 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Forgot to ask this. What are you guys doing for the AOS to prove his income since he has never filed taxes?

Someone in this forums answer this for me: If he did not file taxes since he didn't make enough income or didn't have any income, just state that in the I-864 and make sure you have a strong co-sponsor with good ties...you'll be ok...

This is that we do. Good luck

Filed: Timeline
Forgot to ask this. What are you guys doing for the AOS to prove his income since he has never filed taxes?

Someone in this forums answer this for me: If he did not file taxes since he didn't make enough income or didn't have any income, just state that in the I-864 and make sure you have a strong co-sponsor with good ties...you'll be ok...

This is that we do. Good luck

hey can someone let me know if $8000 is enough income along with a co-sponsor making close to 40,000 is enough income.

What is the minimum you think they allow for the main sponsors income. I really need to know this before i start.

Thanks .

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Just reading this has given me light on my problems also. Im in the same field as you are right now. Ive lived in Russia for 15 months now without work and my wife has my money in her account but we dont share it together... As for my W-2's and Tax returns i was reading that it might be possible to send a written statement as in why i couldnt provide it...

Ive worked alot in the USA but was unemployed when i moved to russia living off my savings... Im in the same boat and i see in one post here that it is possible to send a statement i just want to confirm on that one???? Also i think you are able to use your wife's finacials...

Bump for reply to my question.

"hey can someone let me know if $8000 is enough income along with a co-sponsor making close to 40,000 is enough income.

What is the minimum you think they allow for the main sponsors income. I really need to know this before i start.

Thanks .

"

Edited by master

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

"hey can someone let me know if $8000 is enough income along with a co-sponsor making close to 40,000 is enough income.

Thanks .

"

You dont have to make nothing aslong as you have a co-sponser that can make the amount... I have $8k in savings and my brother as a joint-sponser and im unemployed and been unemployed for 1 1/2 but you still have to provide proof i mean W-2's, 1040's..... Ive read information here on this site that some people didnt work at all and had there parents as co-sponser's and everything worked out fine....

If i am wrong can someone correct me please, im no professional but i have the same problem as *Master* and with all the information i dug up i would presume i didnt have to make nothing aslong as a co-sponser can make the amount...

Thanks .

"

You dont have to make nothing aslong as you have a co-sponser that can make the amount... I have $8k in savings and my brother as a joint-sponser and im unemployed and been unemployed for 1 1/2 but you still have to provide proof i mean W-2's, 1040's..... Ive read information here on this site that some people didnt work at all and had there parents as co-sponser's and everything worked out fine....

If i am wrong can someone correct me please, im no professional but i have the same problem as *Master* and with all the information i dug up i would presume i didnt have to make nothing aslong as a co-sponser can make the amount...

Well, now theres two of us needing an answer. Anyone with solid knowledge on this subject want to give an opinion? Normally im not so stressed about things but when it comes to whether or not my future wife can come live with my in my home country is a pretty nerve wrecking deal.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.