coatsy

DCF Checklists

4 posts in this topic

DS-230 / DS-2001 Checklists

Anybody who has recently done a DCF via London able to send me a scan of them (if thats allowed, I have no idea whats on them but the i-130 checklist was pretty standard), or just list the required documents

I'm trying to get everything together and have not got the Packet3 (or 4, not sure what its called for DCFers hehe) and am keen to get a break down of everything I need to prepare, and cant for the life of me find a check list on the embassy website or the state department website

I already have my police certificate, went and ordered it in December, it has a caution on it but I'm hoping that wont be a massive issue, trying not to stress too much about it hehe

I'm applying for a new long form birth certificate (turn around very quick) as I seem to of lost mine

Have my marriage certificate (and prior marriage divorce papers)

What next? :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Surprisingly there is a list of forms on the US London Embassy web site with details of what's on those forms. :D

http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/visa/.../visaforms.html

You want the IV-15 checklist. It tells you everything you need

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I like a lot of other people got an RFE from London. You could start working on some affidavits if you want something to do. We are required to submit one from my darling OH and 3 from people that can testify to our bona fide relationship.

It's not guaranteed that you will need them, but if you do, they are a pain. So it's good to get them ready if needed. I for one have run out of steam and enthusiasiam for visa paperwork now. I've done his entry visa for the UK, his permanent residency for the UK, and now I'm doing my CR-1 paperwork. When I was submitting the I-130 stuff I was all full of energy. I should have done them then. I am now avoiding paperwork like the plauge and hate the thought of it. You should do them now while you have still got the excitement.

When I have finished our RFE's i'm going to de-personal-info-afey them and post them here.

When I get around to it... :pop:

The UK Wiki

Lansbury

Awesome link, I had never come across that specific page, thanks very much for posting it

Poiteen,

I know what you mean, it can be a real drag after a while and can get you down! its the waiting more than anything I think

I didn't get an RFE for my I-130, in fact I dont even think I sent in any specific proof of bona fide relationship, just what the I-130 checklist asked me for, after reading some of the things people sent in here and still got RFE's I was VERY surprised.. oh well there is still the next step, i'm currently busy getting the DS-230 filled in, as well as getting the I-864s done (need co sponsor as my wife lives here with me in the UK) wow is that form a pain in the behind :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.