Johana&Jared

NOA1's arrival

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hello everybody :) I'm new in this forum, and the reason I signed in was the fact that I'm pretty doubtful about how long my fiancé and I should wait to receive the NOA1... From what I've read, it seems to be there may be something wrong. We sent our petition or whole package the first week of December and after a few days (like 4 or 5) our check was caught. However, it's been more than 6 weeks and we haven't received the NOA1. So my question would be if from most people's experience this is still normal or there's something wrong and what we could do about this or to find out how things are going, since from what I've read, one is supposed to recieved the NOA1 in 2 or 3 weeks.

Yeah, I'm a little bit discouraged now...

Greetings.

Jared & Johana

August 13th, 2006: Met at 22:45:17 PM

March 17th, 2007: Became boyfriend and girlfriend! :)

August 2nd, 2007: Jared comes to Peru!

December 10th, 2007: Submitted our K-1 petition, filling for Vermont Service Center

December 14th, 2007: Received NOA1 - receipt

December 30th, 2007: Jared comes to Peru on my birthday!

February 17th, 2008: Touch

February 27th, 2008: Received NOA2 - APPROVED!!

February 28th: NOA2 hardcopy received

March 7th: Our files are sent to NVC

March 13th: Papers leave NVC and head to the US embassy in Peru

March 18th: Our papers arrive at the US embassy in Lima!

March 24th: Confirmed our interview date & received Package 3/4 (also, Jared buys his flight ticket to attend the interview, sweetness!!)

APRIL 18th: our INTERVIEW date! APPROVED!! visa granted! :)

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Check the back of your check online, they will have stamped your receipt number on the canceled check. If its not legible you either wait 90 days and request a new noa1 or you could call now and back date your sent time in order to get your receipt number. You wont get into any trouble, their just contractors with zero access to your files.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
Hello everybody :) I'm new in this forum, and the reason I signed in was the fact that I'm pretty doubtful about how long my fiancé and I should wait to receive the NOA1... From what I've read, it seems to be there may be something wrong. We sent our petition or whole package the first week of December and after a few days (like 4 or 5) our check was caught. However, it's been more than 6 weeks and we haven't received the NOA1. So my question would be if from most people's experience this is still normal or there's something wrong and what we could do about this or to find out how things are going, since from what I've read, one is supposed to recieved the NOA1 in 2 or 3 weeks.

Greetings.

Saludos! And welcome to VJ. I would think you should have recieved it by now, maybe it "got lost in the mail". As lancer1655 said check the back of your check (I viewed mine electronically from the bank) and see if you can read a number that begins with three letters such as (EAC, WAC, LIN, or SRC). If so, great! (Actually, any way you can get the receipt number is great)...You can check the status online at https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp (please be warned, it can be somewhat addictive once you start checking it, as you will always be looking for updates, jeje)

Let us know how things proceed for you.

Sam

Jun: I Met Elias in Peru

Oct: Returned to Peru. Elias proposed!!

Nov 26: Mailed I-129F to VSC

Nov 28: Rec. Signature Confirm of delivery from USPS

Nov 29: Check cashed ; rec. receipt number. E-NOA1

Feb 14: Touch

Feb 14: NOA2 by email!

Feb 19: File Arrived @ NVC

Feb 20: Hard-copy NOA2

Feb 21: File Left NVC for Lima.

Feb 25: File @ U.S. embassy in Lima!

Mar 04: Rec. Packet 3/4

Mar 18: 8 a.m. My Morenito's Interview!!

Mar 25: VISA IN HAND!!!

Apr 4: My love is home!!!!

Apr 29: Our marriage. And life begins anew..

Dec 31: Mailed AOS, EAD, and AP to Chicago

Jan 5: Rec. e-mail confirm of delivery from USPS

Jan 8: Check cashed. MSC number not visible....

Jan 12: Rec. Hard Copy Notices for AOS, EAD, and AP. Touched

Jan 16: Rec. NOA-Biometrics Scheduled 1/28/09

Jan 28: 9:00 a.m. Biometrics appt. Fast - 15 minutes in and out!

Jan 29: Touched.

Feb 3: AOS Trans. to CSC

Feb 10: AOS Arrived @ CSC

Mar 04: Touch on AOS

Mar 09: Notifice that AP approved 3/6/09

Mar 13: Rec. AP

Mar 16: Rec. EAD (surprised as USCIS shows no updates)

Apr 3: Rec Welcome Letter, AOS approved 03/30 (surprise, no updates on website)

Apr 8: GC Received

June 5: Our precious baby girl arrived!

June 7: Our darling son arrived!

Timeline

Greetings.

Oh, two more things eh.....one, keep your head up. VJ is a great place of support. And two, which service center did you file at? (more curiosity than anything)

S.

Timeline

Hi there :) I see you have been to Peru, my country... did you enjoy it? ;)

Well, there are two things I have to say. The first one is that I talked to my fiancé about this, and he told me something he thought he had told me but he hadn't, that he actually got the NOA1 after 4/5 days of mailing the package. He had told me the check had been cashed, but had forgotten to tell me this. So yeah, I told him about what people here told me, that you can check the status of your case on line, with the number you see printed on the back of your check, which he had done and might start doing more and more, heh.

*Phew* so now it's all about waiting for the NOA2, I guess.

The second thing, as an answer to your question, is that we filled at Vermont service center. Thanks and buena suerte!

Johana

Greetings.

Saludos! And welcome to VJ. I would think you should have recieved it by now, maybe it "got lost in the mail". As lancer1655 said check the back of your check (I viewed mine electronically from the bank) and see if you can read a number that begins with three letters such as (EAC, WAC, LIN, or SRC). If so, great! (Actually, any way you can get the receipt number is great)...You can check the status online at https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp (please be warned, it can be somewhat addictive once you start checking it, as you will always be looking for updates, jeje)

Let us know how things proceed for you.

Sam

Jared & Johana

December 10th, 2007: Submitted our K-1 petition, filling for Vermont Service Center

March 24th: Confirmed our interview date & received Package 3/4 (also, Jared buys his flight ticket to attend the interview, sweetness!!)

Timeline

I love Peru. I have been a couple of times and everytime I find something new to love.

I am glad to hear you did get the NOA1. Now you are in for the long wait, :whistle: ... Me too, we only filed about a week apart. We also filed at the Vermont Service Center so our cases should be pretty close.

Timeline

I love Peru as well =) the only part I'm still missing is the deep jungle. However, apart from that, I've been almost everywhere. I hope things move fast for you as well, I really hate how long these things take :( Well, let's be patient :) of course, the person you love is always worth the wait.

I love Peru. I have been a couple of times and everytime I find something new to love.

I am glad to hear you did get the NOA1. Now you are in for the long wait, :whistle: ... Me too, we only filed about a week apart. We also filed at the Vermont Service Center so our cases should be pretty close.

Jared & Johana

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi! I completely agree with everyone else's comments above... You should have already received your response (NOA1) by now!

Suggestions above are all good.

Good luck!

I also miss Peru and my man so much. It's already getting old, the waiting. And I only filed a month ago! Definitely have a wait ahead.

AOS & getting the SSN & the I-693

6/13/08 Applied for SSN for David ----- TRIP 1; 6/23/08 Went back to SSA 'cuz the person didn't pc all documents (rec'd letter from them) ----- TRIP 2

7/2/08 Received David's health insurance cards! Yay!

7/3/08 Went back to SSA; they said come back 7/9 if he still hasn't received it ----- TRIP 3

7/8/08 Got list of vaccines he still needed from CS by fax/phone; tested for immunity to MMR (only vaccine still needed) at our family dr

7/9 & 7/10/08 Went back to SSA, card still not received - Denied opportunity to apply for replacement ----- TRIP 4; Went back to SSA again to apply for a replacement card - Talked to a supervisor this time, POE people entered his last name incorrectly ----- TRIP 5; went to get David's ID thru the State, denied - instructions wrong on website; measles test inconclusive, another test needed; requested new lease

7/14/08 SSA called me in regards to problems at local SSA office

7/15/08 INFOPASS appt to fix POE name input error and then went to airport to fix POE name error

7/17/08 Received SSN card in mail and went to get state ID

7/21/08 State ID received in the mail and tested again for measles immunity

7/29/08 MMR shot #2 given and dropped off papers at Civil Surgeon (CS)

7/31/08 Picked up I-693, completed by local CS, (I paid $25, don't be fooled)

8/3 - 8/6/08 Worked on forms I-485, G-325A, I-864, I-765 and I-131; sent to Chicago - YESSS!

8/11/08 NOA1 for AOS, EAD and AP; 9/2/08 Transfered to CSC; 9/4/08 Biometrics

10/24/08 Rec'd AP; 10/27/08 Rec'd EAD; 11/24/08 Rec'd GC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.