starlarose

Change of Embassy (London Email)

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I have been working to get my fiance's file transferred to the Dublin Embassy for a while now. NVC just sent the file on 01/18/08 to London. I have attempted to contact the London Embassy as NVC told me to which I was then informed to email.

Has anyone had experience emailing the London Embassy for requests? I submitted the subject with "Urgent" as I was instructed to by the Embassy operator. I got the autoresponse email back that says it was deleted (as apparently this is normal). How will I know if the request has been handled? Will they contact me via email? I gave them all the information I could with his new address in Ireland and the request.

Thanks!

-Dawn

-Dawn(Vinny-Irish/Dawn-American)

08/14/13: CITIZEN! We are done!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I have been working to get my fiance's file transferred to the Dublin Embassy for a while now. NVC just sent the file on 01/18/08 to London. I have attempted to contact the London Embassy as NVC told me to which I was then informed to email.

Has anyone had experience emailing the London Embassy for requests? I submitted the subject with "Urgent" as I was instructed to by the Embassy operator. I got the autoresponse email back that says it was deleted (as apparently this is normal). How will I know if the request has been handled? Will they contact me via email? I gave them all the information I could with his new address in Ireland and the request.

Thanks!

-Dawn

Hi Dawn,

I emailed the London Embassy wih a general query on 9th January and also had auto-response stating that message had been deleted. However to my surprise I got reply to email 1 week later.

Laurence

Laurence

10/15/2007 NOA1

04/29/2008 RFE by email

05/03/2008 RFE hard copy received

Reply to RFE sent 05/05/2008

RFE received at CSC 05/06/2008

NOA2 05/15/2008

NOA2 hard copy 05/19/2008

Packet 3 received 06/09/2008

Packet 3 completed and sent 06/10/2008

Medical 06/11/2008

Packet 3 received @ Embassy 06/12/2008

Packet 4 07/03/2008

Interview 07/17/2008

POE 07/31/2008

Wedding 08/08/2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
Hi Dawn,

I emailed the London Embassy wih a general query on 9th January and also had auto-response stating that message had been deleted. However to my surprise I got reply to email 1 week later.

Laurence

Thank you for this, it gives me a bit of hope. I am concerned; however, as we are trying to catch this file before they send any packages to our old residence. Long story of former terrible flat mates that still reside there. I hope I get a response sooner. I will be calling the Dublin Embassy tomorrow when they are open to see if they can also request it themselves. Originally the told me to request NVC to send it to them; however, NVC wouldn't play ball. :( Very frustrating for something that should be simple. USCIS passed it to NVC to handle and now NVC is passing it to the Embassies to handle.

I just keep thinking to myself, when he is here it will all be worth it. I miss my boy terribly!

-Dawn

-Dawn(Vinny-Irish/Dawn-American)

08/14/13: CITIZEN! We are done!

Thanks!

-Dawn

Hi Dawn

I have e-mailed the London Embassy on a few occassions and yes u will get an e-mail saying they deleted it but Don't worry they will have your e-mail trust me :) Lond are pretty good :) i have experienced the same thing ...you may also get an e-mail saying they received your e-mail and will take 4 days to reply sometimes you get a reply sooner ....what i will say is Don't send your e-mail more than once as it will get deleted so what your experiencing is normal responses from London Consulate ...all very confusing i know but hang in there u will get a reply. I would call the embassy and let them know your request im sure your file is there and they will be able to make sure your request is carried out.

Good luck :)

Michelle

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hi Dawn-

I was in this situation, backward, this month as well. Our file made it to London, and was transferred to Dublin even though we don't live in Ireland anymore. I called the London Embassy operator on Jan 15, who told me to send an email with my country in the subject line, as we were not in the UK at the time. She told me to expect and email saying it would be deleted, and to ignore it. I just explained the situation in the email, and ignored the automated reply like she said. A few days later, (Jan 18) I got a response saying that they updated my fiance's info and have requested his file be returned from Dublin. Lord knows how long that will take, but at least we got an answer. If you haven't had a reply to your email, perhaps you might try sending another with "Ireland" in the subject line?

Good luck,

Nicole

10/31/2004 - Sam and Nic Met in Thailand

03/18/2007 - Sam Proposed in Ireland

07/01/2007 - Mailed I129F

07/27/2007 - NOA1 - Petition received

12/05/2007 - NOA2 - Petition Approved

01/04/2008 - NVC approved and sent file to London Embassy

01/15/2008 - Case file erroneously sent to Dublin Embassy

01/18/2008 - London Embassy requested case file be returned from Dublin Embassy

02/04/2008 - Faxed Dublin Embassy for status update, Received response that Dublin would fwd case file to London TODAY!

03/07/2008 - Packet 3 finally sent from London

03/24/2008 - Packet 3 returned to Embassy via recorded mail

04/09/2008 - Medical appointment

04/21/2008 - Interview - sent new police cert via SMS 04/28/08

still waiting....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.