kenk3z

Denial Percentage

4 posts in this topic

Timeline

So, what do you think is the actual DENIAL percentage for people filing to remove the conditions on their permanent residency? I can't imagine it would be very high. Certainly no where near the denial percentages on the other steps in the residency process.

My guess - 0.05%

Having suggested a point - do you think all this "conditional permanent residency" stuff is really just all about collecting easy revenue for USCIS?

Why not just go ahead and issue a 10-year green card right at the start? If USCIS wants, they can have their little "evidence" review at the 2-year mark. If there is a reason for a denial, they can just pull the validity of the 10-year green card.

Same impact, just less revenue?

:)

kenk3z

Filed: Timeline
So, what do you think is the actual DENIAL percentage for people filing to remove the conditions on their permanent residency? I can't imagine it would be very high. Certainly no where near the denial percentages on the other steps in the residency process.

My guess - 0.05%

Having suggested a point - do you think all this "conditional permanent residency" stuff is really just all about collecting easy revenue for USCIS?

Why not just go ahead and issue a 10-year green card right at the start? If USCIS wants, they can have their little "evidence" review at the 2-year mark. If there is a reason for a denial, they can just pull the validity of the 10-year green card.

Same impact, just less revenue?

kenk3z

It would not be simpler, nor would it affect the same outcome to streamline and automatically award a 10-year card at the outset. The K-type visa was initiated to bring couples together so that they did not have to be separated during the pendency of adjudication of immigrant visas. Having put that privilege in action, that does not provide sufficient time for the couples to accumulate enough compelling evidence that can be used to sniff out those that are intent on circumventing the laws to gain residency. Why reduce the hurdles that have been put in place to make sure no one takes advantage of the law?

Besides, recission of an already awarded benefit and denial of a submission or pending petition involve different processes and require different burdens of proof. In the event that the 10-year card had been conferred erroneously, the Service would have a much more difficult time amassing enough evidence to support revocation.

Edited by diadromous mermaid

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Timeline

OK - how about taking a shot at explaining why they need new biometrics at two years? Have your fingerprints changed that much in two years, and your physical appearance (on average)? Or are they just keeping people employed at $85 for 5 minutes of work?

My wife will probably be happy to get the new picture. She was about five months pregnant and sick for her last picture. But given the choice to just get the card without having to do biometrics again, I think she'd just take the card.

Since a K-1 can apply for citizenship after three years of residency, I'd like to see the conditional green card valid for three years. Upon filing the application for citizenship, an NOA would be issued extending the validity of the conditional green card for one year while the citizenship application is processed.

Is that too logical?

kenk3z

My guess is that the I-751 biometrics is to establish that the person applying for lifting of conditions is the same person who applied for AOS i.e. no terrorist or other enemy of the state has assumed someone's identity.

Just a guess mind.

Dave

Linda & Dave's Timeline

*** Early dates removed due to size of sig ***

May 05 2005 - Visa interview scheduled in London [APPROVED!!!!]

Jun 08 2005 - Flew into JFK

Jun 28 2005 - Married!!!

Aug 04 2005 - Sent off AOS

Aug 09 2005 - NOAs for AOD

Dec 01 2005 - Infopass app in Philly: approved and issued and EAD. Biometrics done!!

Dec 16 2005 - case transferred to CSC

Dec 27 2005 - pass my driving test and get LICENSED!!!!

Feb 2006 - Conditional Green Card received

Mar 21 2006 - start first job, IT contractor

Jul 31 2006 - Job becomes permanent

Jan 02 2008 - Submitted I-751

Jan 28 2008 - I-751 NOA received

Feb 29 2008 - Biometrics

Jan 05 2009 - Approved!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.