Mrs. Taylor 2009

Police clearance question????

20 posts in this topic

HI LIL BOOGER! YAH I AGREE TO THE OTHER VJ'ers HERE... BASE ON MY EXPERIENCE I DID WORK IN JAPAN FOR 1YEAR AND I DIDNT KNOW 1 WEEK BEFORE MY INTERVIEW THAT I NEED TO GET A POLICE CLEARANCE. I STILL WENT TO MY INTERVIEW AND THEY GAVE ME THIS REQUEST LETTER FOR A POLICE CLEARANCE NEED TO SUBMIT IN JAPAN EMBASSY THERE(P.I ). MINE TAKE 2 MONTHS TO HAVE IT , THEN WHEN I GOT THE POLICE CLEARANCE ON HAND, SUBMIT IT TO USA EMBASSY.. I WAIT 5 WEEKS TO HAVE MY VISA... IT TAKE ALONG JOURNEY FOR US TO GET HERE... SO IF I WERE YOU ... TRY TO GET A REQUEST LETTER IN THE USA EMBASSY BEFORE YOUR INTERVIEW ...BEFORE YOU CAN GET THE REQUEST SLIP IN SAINT LUKE BUT FOR SOME REASON THEY MOVE IT TO US EMBASSY ,JUST TELL THE GUARD THAT YOU NEED A REQUEST SLIP FROM USA EMBASSY FOR JAPAN POLICE CLEARANCE BEFORE YOUR INTERVIEW... THE CONSUL WILL ASK YOU FOR THAT...

Hello there! i am so greatful and so thankful for the help and shared some experience that you had before. I am really worried about this things coz i didnt know that i need a police clearance from japan anyway. So do you mean that i just need to go USEM here and asked for the request letter? do you think they will give me that request? sinced i've called the USEM that they dont give a request letter. ANd thats get me worried, how can i have a police clearance if they dont give me a request letter anyway. But i am so thankful really for the help tips, i still try to go the USEM to have that request.

God BLess you again and your future family..

PS... WHEN I ENTER THE EMBASSY DO I NEED SOMETHING TO PRESENT TO THE GUARD.. OR JUST MY PASSPORT? OR DO THEY NEED SOME OF MY FIANCE COPIES OF PASSPORT AND NOA1 AND NOA2?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

As soon as you get a letter from the consulate, you may request a police clearance from japan. Just attach in your request the letter from the consulate where your name and new case number appears. Good luck!!!

MY TIMELINE

K-1 Journey

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Singapore

05/21/07 : I-129F Sent

02/24/08 : INTERVIEW

12/12/07 : MEDICAL

01/09/08 : VISA IN HAND

03/06/08 : Arrive in the US, POE - DETROIT

AOS

03/28/08 : Mailed AOS Packet

04/12/08 : Receive NOA's AP, EAD

05/02/08 : BIOMETRICS

06/11/08 : EAD CARD IN THE MAIL!!!

07/02/08 : GREEN CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

07/07/08 : GREEN CARD IN THE MAIL & WORKING

03/27/09 : Driver's License issued

Removing Condition

04/03/10 : mailed to Vermont

04/08/10 : NOA1 & 1 yr extension

05/20/10 : Biometrics Appt.

11/19/10 : Interview/Approval

Timeline
I have a question here that i hope that somebody could help me on this. I've worked in japan bfore and i stopped last 2 years ago. When you worked in japan you had only exact 6 months to stay and you have to go home at exact 6 months. I am just wondering if i need still a police clearance sinced i dont stay that long there anyway. I hope that somebody will help me for this...

May God Bless everybody who is waiting for their journey too with their LOVE ONES....

Thanks!!!

HI LIL BOOGER! YAH I AGREE TO THE OTHER VJ'ers HERE... BASE ON MY EXPERIENCE I DID WORK IN JAPAN FOR 1YEAR AND I DIDNT KNOW 1 WEEK BEFORE MY INTERVIEW THAT I NEED TO GET A POLICE CLEARANCE. I STILL WENT TO MY INTERVIEW AND THEY GAVE ME THIS REQUEST LETTER FOR A POLICE CLEARANCE NEED TO SUBMIT IN JAPAN EMBASSY THERE(P.I ). MINE TAKE 2 MONTHS TO HAVE IT , THEN WHEN I GOT THE POLICE CLEARANCE ON HAND, SUBMIT IT TO USA EMBASSY.. I WAIT 5 WEEKS TO HAVE MY VISA... IT TAKE ALONG JOURNEY FOR US TO GET HERE... SO IF I WERE YOU ... TRY TO GET A REQUEST LETTER IN THE USA EMBASSY BEFORE YOUR INTERVIEW ...BEFORE YOU CAN GET THE REQUEST SLIP IN SAINT LUKE BUT FOR SOME REASON THEY MOVE IT TO US EMBASSY ,JUST TELL THE GUARD THAT YOU NEED A REQUEST SLIP FROM USA EMBASSY FOR JAPAN POLICE CLEARANCE BEFORE YOUR INTERVIEW... THE CONSUL WILL ASK YOU FOR THAT...

hi!i only have noa1,can i go to u.s embassy to get a request?

THAT IM NOT SURE.. COZ THE JAPAN POLICE CLEARANCE EXPIRED IN 1 MONTH THAT I REMEMBER... ...HEY IT WORTH TRYING THAN WAIT TILL YOU END UP IN AR..(ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW) AR FOR ME TAKE FOREVER :blink: ...

ok thanks so much for the info,wat is AR anyway?

AR mean Administrative Review... they will pending your case until you complete the document that they want you to submit... then when you submit the document that they want from you they will review your papers... and it take time of waiting... and its sucks... :wacko:

March 2005- Interview in USA EMBASSY in Philippine

April2005 - Waiting for my Police clearance from JApan

May 2005- submit the Police clearance in US EMbassy

June2005 - Waiting for my approval result

June 28 2005- Visa on hand!

July 13 2005- Arrive in USA

June -July 2007- have a notice from USCIS that may interview will be soon..

Aug 2007-- Re-schedule My interview..

sept 2007-- waiting for the new schedule for interview!

Oct.2007-- my son turn 1 year old...

Nov 2007-- I got the schedule for my interview.. so excited

Dec 17 2007- FINALLY the interview ...

Dec 21 2007.card production ordered

Dec 26 2007-Notice E-mailed welcoming the new permanent resident

Jan.2 2008- Approval notice been sent.

Jan 20 2008- Recieve the (10years) GREEN CARD on the mail! FINALLY!

Timeline

its my pleasure to help... its been awhile so I dont know the new rules now... you can try to go and tell the guard that you need a request letter from the consul for you to apply for police clearance in japan Embassy... one of my online buddy got her request letter by getting inside the u.s embassy , I get mind by waiting after my interview thats why I end up in AR( administrative Review) which when I get to submit the police clearance to them they will review my papers again.. which take 5 weeks for me since a submit the document... just try to get request letter .. coz I know how strick the Guard in Embassy.. just talk to them nicely and Explain that they will understand your purpose inside the u.s Embassy...goodluck.... :thumbs: let us know what happen... update us ok...

Timeline
its my pleasure to help... its been awhile so I dont know the new rules now... you can try to go and tell the guard that you need a request letter from the consul for you to apply for police clearance in japan Embassy... one of my online buddy got her request letter by getting inside the u.s embassy , I get mind by waiting after my interview thats why I end up in AR( administrative Review) which when I get to submit the police clearance to them they will review my papers again.. which take 5 weeks for me since a submit the document... just try to get request letter .. coz I know how strict the Guard in Embassy.. just talk to them nicely and Explain that they will understand your purpose inside the u.s Embassy...goodluck.... :thumbs: let us know what happen... update us ok...
Edited by Joyce

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.