nursemate

is it meant to be?

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
I guess there's no lengths some will go to for money or for a greencard. Even though I know such things exist, it always amazes me to read of them. My personal experience is with a man from the UK - a developed country where they aren't beating a path to the airport to flee political oppression or poverty. So these stories are out of my realm of personal experience.

It often happens right in our back yard. A big "Russian Bride" ring was broken up recently, operating out of L.A. Where there are men willing to throw money before caution there will be scammers willing to relieve them of that money. What's even sadder is that these same men allow themselves to be hit again and again and again. Very similar to gambling addiction.

Filed: Timeline

oh no! this has gotten way serious than I thought, I dont think there was a fraud with his first marriage i was actually a witness to their love story he went here hoping to be with his one true love and sacrificed a lot, after what had happened, every now and then he'd get in touch with friends back at his homeland and questions of "what ifs" would cross his mind... well anyway i dont think hes in a big rush right now for anything foolish, more than anything he doesnt seem to mind going home, and he's still hoping things will still work out with his ex wife even if she is with another man now..i was hoping that he can stop bothering us by having him with anybody he likes...thanks Guys..cheers especially to chris and rebecca you certainly showed two sides of the coin and you certainly make a tough CO....

I have to admit that sounds like visa fraud so he might have a harder time with immigration filings. He came here on K1, got divorced but was able to stay to get his citizenship and now is wanting to bring his previous lover from Thailand here to the USA. That is a classic description of visa fraud. Hope things work out.

Chris

I don't think it sounds any more or any less like visa fraud than, say a USC who is filing his 2nd or 3rd fiancee petition in as many years.

We do not know anything about this person's story other than he came here X years ago on a K-1 visa, adjusted status, and finally became a naturalized US citizen. Somewhere along the way, his marriage went sour and he's now divorced from his wife. That he is now wanting to petition whoever from his home country is totally a right afforded to him now that he is a USC just like you. I don't think we have enough info to imply anything about visa fraud.

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: Other Timeline
I have to admit that sounds like visa fraud so he might have a harder time with immigration filings. He came here on K1, got divorced but was able to stay to get his citizenship and now is wanting to bring his previous lover from Thailand here to the USA. That is a classic description of visa fraud. Hope things work out.

Chris

I don't think it sounds any more or any less like visa fraud than, say a USC who is filing his 2nd or 3rd fiancee petition in as many years.

We do not know anything about this person's story other than he came here X years ago on a K-1 visa, adjusted status, and finally became a naturalized US citizen. Somewhere along the way, his marriage went sour and he's now divorced from his wife. That he is now wanting to petition whoever from his home country is totally a right afforded to him now that he is a USC just like you. I don't think we have enough info to imply anything about visa fraud.

-P

Ex-actly.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.