Kaahlonice

A few questions for the connosieurs :)

4 posts in this topic

Hello my dear friends in sufferance :) I am having a few issues I would need help with but before everything I will give you a brief outline of what happened so far. So, end of April, I filled the N400 under the 319b (Expedite naturalization). It was supposed to take 3 months, I have found myself in December still without an answer. I wrote our senator and in about 1 month he got back with me saying that there was some sort of confusion between Nebraska and FBI (as the name check was the only thing uncleared) but they will start as soon as possible the processing. I called USCIS to find out that my paperwork has been sent from Nebraska to Detroit, where I initially wanted to have the interview at. So, great news so far even though it took a while. Anyways, I am now waiting for my interview letter. They said "you are in line" whatever that means (if you know I would sure appreciate a little insight) and that I will soon receive a letter for the interview. First question: How soon is soon? I am getting ready to start a new term (college) and if this letter shows up and I have to go for the interview before March I would rather drop the school for this term (so I wont lose the money) and focus on citizenship. How long does it usually take to receive the letter for interview from the moment they sent the paperwork from Nebraska to Detroit? I honestly don't know what to do about school! Should I just drop it for this term or not?

Another thing: given the fact that we are military stationed overseas, I have read quite a few posts saying that there was a delay in between the interview and the oath. Now, I am sure everyone is aware how much plane tickets are to fly from Europe to the States...are there any chances of taking the Oath at least within a week of the date of the interview? I mean, I know I am not that special :) but still, is there a special request we could make so we would not have to return to the states 3 months later for the oath?

Thanks so much for your help...in advance

Kaahlonice

Filed: Timeline
Hello my dear friends in sufferance :) I am having a few issues I would need help with but before everything I will give you a brief outline of what happened so far. So, end of April, I filled the N400 under the 319b (Expedite naturalization). It was supposed to take 3 months, I have found myself in December still without an answer. I wrote our senator and in about 1 month he got back with me saying that there was some sort of confusion between Nebraska and FBI (as the name check was the only thing uncleared) but they will start as soon as possible the processing. I called USCIS to find out that my paperwork has been sent from Nebraska to Detroit, where I initially wanted to have the interview at. So, great news so far even though it took a while. Anyways, I am now waiting for my interview letter. They said "you are in line" whatever that means (if you know I would sure appreciate a little insight) and that I will soon receive a letter for the interview. First question: How soon is soon? I am getting ready to start a new term (college) and if this letter shows up and I have to go for the interview before March I would rather drop the school for this term (so I wont lose the money) and focus on citizenship. How long does it usually take to receive the letter for interview from the moment they sent the paperwork from Nebraska to Detroit? I honestly don't know what to do about school! Should I just drop it for this term or not?

Another thing: given the fact that we are military stationed overseas, I have read quite a few posts saying that there was a delay in between the interview and the oath. Now, I am sure everyone is aware how much plane tickets are to fly from Europe to the States...are there any chances of taking the Oath at least within a week of the date of the interview? I mean, I know I am not that special :) but still, is there a special request we could make so we would not have to return to the states 3 months later for the oath?

Kaahlonice

More often than not the Oath ceremony can be conducted immediately following the interiew.

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Filed: Timeline

Kaahlonice

I applied in October, and right now, as they told me on the phone, everything for my application is complete except FBI name check. They told me they will go ahead and send my application from NSC to the local office anyway.

Do you think contacting my senator about the FBI name check is a good idea? It looks like I have the same problem, and they will just keep waiting for FBI to respond.

I applied in October, and right now, as they told me on the phone, everything for my application is complete except FBI name check. They told me they will go ahead and send my application from NSC to the local office anyway.

Do you think contacting my senator about the FBI name check is a good idea? It looks like I have the same problem, and they will just keep waiting for FBI to respond.

it seems to be their routine answer to all questions, so don't take it serious, if you filed in April 2007 in Nebraska, i would definetly call all the senators and lawyers and directly fbi phone numbers (search them here and other forums) and get things moving, your papers are probably lost in bureaucracy mess, and you need to take care of it or nothing will change. Nebraska is generally faster less busy center right now, there is somebody who filed in November 2007 and got interview date for March, so definetly call! if nothing changes there are examples of how you can sue FBI and USCIS even without lawyer by yourself and they respond pretty quickly.

My PAST Timelines:

10/2004 - Conditional GC

08/2006 - 10/2007 - Lifting Conditions timeline

10/2007 - 6/26/2009 Citizenship, Los Angeles DO timeline

auBam7.png

CSC i-130 for my Mom

06/30/09 - delivered

07/06/09 - NOA date (rec'd - 07/10) #WAC 09xxx3, touched.

07/08/09 - check cashed, #WAC 09xxx2 (not online)

08/29/09 - APPROVED!!!

NVC

09/14/09 - NVC case # assigned, emails registered

09/17/09 - email AOS bill received and paid online, ds3032 received and returned

09/21/09 - AOS bill status "PAID", FedExed out AOS, 09/24/09 delivered to NVC

09/28/09 - AVR:AOS acknowledged

10/02/09 - 3032 was acknol. by NVC, paid IV Bill online

10/05/09 - emails: 1 pm -RFE for 3032, 3 pm - IV bill, 5 pm - status PAID

10/09/09 - ds230 delivered to NVC at 9am

10/14/09 - AVR: Checklist response was received

10/20/09 - login failed! - between 5 pm and 9 pm PST, at 5 pm it was still working

10/21/09 - case complete! (AVR updated after 10 pm) = total NVC 37 days

10/28/09 - interview date email came at 6.30 pm, no AVR changes yet

10/30/09 - AVR: "Case sent to embassy on Oct 29" = total 4 months from delivery of i130 to USCIS

11/02/09 - Medical

11/20/09 - Interview - PASSED!!!

11/28 - POE: LAX

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.