NCBABE

US married Australia

43 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Hello all, I'm here downunder. Our interview is tomarrow for the I-130. Wish us all the best. Will get back to you all on how it went. Thanks again for all your help. Mick and Trish

Good luck! By the way, since they're still allowing you to go on the old system, I believe they would have let you file the I-130 at the same time as your husband's interview. Under the new system, although you have to file the I-130 first, the old system allowed the Aussie to do everything, and if the I-130 wasn't lodged yet, they'd make you both turn up to the interview to do both.

Anyway, all done now, good luck again!

AussieDude

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello all, I'm here downunder. Our interview is tomarrow for the I-130. Wish us all the best. Will get back to you all on how it went. Thanks again for all your help. Mick and Trish

Good luck! By the way, since they're still allowing you to go on the old system, I believe they would have let you file the I-130 at the same time as your husband's interview. Under the new system, although you have to file the I-130 first, the old system allowed the Aussie to do everything, and if the I-130 wasn't lodged yet, they'd make you both turn up to the interview to do both.

Anyway, all done now, good luck again!

AussieDude

I'm going to contradict myself. I sent in my DS-230 recently, and I just received an email from the US consulate informing me that my spouse has to file the I-130 before my interview. I'm not going to complain as this process is still very much quicker than any other method.

AussieDude

Hi people

Well all went good at the lodging of the I-130 on the 10th Aug. We were in the consulate for about 1 hour the interview was like 5 minutes with no drama's. I-130 APPROVED !!! All we got now is lodging the I-864 and Mick's interview on the 14th Aug.

Trish and Mick.

Hi people

Well all went good at the lodging of the I-130 on the 10th Aug. We were in the consulate for about 1 hour the interview was like 5 minutes with no drama's. I-130 APPROVED !!! All we got now is lodging the I-864 and Mick's interview on the 14th Aug.

Trish and Mick.

That's excellent news, congratulations! I hope our interviews go just as painless. Any things to watch out for? What kind of evidence of relationship were they looking for?

AussieDude

All they really asked was how we met, when we met, How long we knew each other. When and where did we get married. Did Mick like the states. Oh and... did we have any photo's of us, I sez... well no it was'nt on the list of thing's to bring, he sez no problem. and that was basically it. Then he sez approved, stamped the form and said seeya Monday for the final interview.

Trish & Mick

All they really asked was how we met, when we met, How long we knew each other. When and where did we get married. Did Mick like the states. Oh and... did we have any photo's of us, I sez... well no it was'nt on the list of thing's to bring, he sez no problem. and that was basically it. Then he sez approved, stamped the form and said seeya Monday for the final interview.

Trish & Mick

That is awesome! Best of luck for Monday! Let us know how it goes.

AussieDude

Hey VJ'ers

Well I guess you's want to know what happened at the consulate today. Well it goes like this, WE GOT APPROVED !!!! We pick up Mick's Visa tomorrow and fly back home early next week. We do have to give a big thankyou to all the people on this site who helped us, you's have no idea how much easier it made it for us. If we can help anyone please feel free to ask.

Thank's again

Trish and Mick

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Congratulations! Have a safe trip home :)

Permanent Resident Since 01/03/2007

N-400 application mailed 3/20/17

Credit card charged 3/25/17

NOA 3/31/17

Hey VJ'ers

Well I guess you's want to know what happened at the consulate today. Well it goes like this, WE GOT APPROVED !!!! We pick up Mick's Visa tomorrow and fly back home early next week. We do have to give a big thankyou to all the people on this site who helped us, you's have no idea how much easier it made it for us. If we can help anyone please feel free to ask.

Thank's again

Trish and Mick

Congratulations guys, that is awesome! I hope your passage through the Port Of Entry is painless as well. How was his interview by the way, the same type of questions as your petition day, any special kind of relationship evidence they requested?

AussieDude

Hey VJ'ers

Thank's again

Trish and Mick

Congratulations guys, that is awesome! I hope your passage through the Port Of Entry is painless as well. How was his interview by the way, the same type of questions as your petition day, any special kind of relationship evidence they requested?

AussieDude

Trish

Thankyou all for the congrats, Yes the questions were pretty much just a rerun of the I-130 interview

they just went over what we did the day before It took about 5 minutes for the interview. It seemed like as long as you can prove you can support your spouse and meet the income requirement's then your good to go.

Trish

Congrats 2 you both :)

Edited by Madame-Butterfly

3dflags_pri0001-0001a.gif3dflags_aus0001-0001a.gif

Oct 29 2004 Met on LDSPLANET

Oct 30 2004 First phone call....EVERY DAY till this day

Dec 25 2004 I asked him to MARRY me and he said Yes

March 19 2005 took out my passport now i need to wait

April 19 2005 I GOT MY PASSPORT !!!!

April 21 2005 NENNE booked his flight he get here on June 29th YES!!!!

May 9 2005 I-130 Packet and Packet 3 are being sent off to us !!!

May 15 2005 Recived packet 1-3

June 29 2005 Nenne arrived in Puerto Rico

July 2 2005 GOT MARRIEDbadassbuddy_com-inlove2.gif

July 11 2005 Got our Marriage Certificate

Leaving August 17th to Australia and file for DCF !!!

July 19 2005 Got interview date on Sept. 6

August 17th Got to AUSTRALIA !!!

SEPTEMBER 6 DCF (CR1)WE GOT APPROVED !!!!

September 9 2005 Recived VISA in mail

November 24 2005 Nennes POE GUAM

November 26 2005 Arrived in Puerto Rico

Married for 3 years and counting

September 10 2007 sending off the I-571

Sept 2007 sent forms Aug 2008 got 10 yr Green Card

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Wow! Congrats! It's wonderful following through the steps! You made it seem so effortless. Sometimes I review the paperwork and it seems overwhelming. In any case I will be following the same route! One question, did you two marry in Sydney or US? Just curious. Congrats again!

I-130

02/17/2007 - I-130 Express Mailed to VSC via USPS. (ETA 2/19/2007)

02/22/2007 - I-130 received by VSC.

06/12/2007 - NOA2 approval email received!!!

06/15/2007 - NOA2 letter received in the mail.

NVC

06/19/2007 - NVC receives case and assigns a case number!

08/27/2007 - CASE COMPLETE!!!!

09/06/2007 - Case forwarded to Sydney

09/14/2007 - Wife receives Packet 3. Received NVC letter confirming case forward to Sydney.

10/26/2007 - Interview - VISA GRANTED!!!!! WOOO WOOO!!!!!!

11/18/2007 - Enter the US via LAX (POE). No issues thankfully. 20 minutes of processing.

11/30/2007 - Welcome letter (two of them) received.

12/19/2007 - CR-1 Green Card received.

USCIS - I-751

09/23/2009 - Express Mailed Removal of Conditions application

09/24/2009 - USPS confirmed delivery to VSC

09/29/2009 - Check cashed by USCIS

10/01/2009 - Received NOA I-797C dated 09/25/2009

10/10/2009 - Received Biometric appt letter for 10/29/2009

10/29/2009 - Biometrics taken. Whole process took about 40 min including the wait

12/22/2009 - Approved for ROC!

01/08/2010 - Received text and email: Card production ordered

01/15/2010 - Received Green Card in the mail!

USCIS - N-400

04/22/2011 - Express Mailed Application for Naturalization

04/27/2011 - Check cashed by USCIS

04/28/2011 - Received NOA I-797C dated 04/26/2011

05/27/2011 - Biometrics taken. Process took approx 35 min with wait

07/29/2011 - Received Interview Appt letter scheduled for 09/01/2011 dated 07/26/2011

09/01/2011 - Interview and Oath. Now a USC! The VJ is over!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.