wolvenone

How do I know if I was given Class B Psychiatric Condition at Medical?

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi everyone!

I got my K1 Visa last week at London! YAY! Can't wait to join my Beloved!

I'm not sure if this is the best place for this topic or not.

I declared a prior history of depression and anxiety associated with self harm at my medical on 7th December in London. I had a letter from my GP stating no symptoms of mental illness, or self harm had been present since April 2003 and previous dependency on prescribed diazepam for anxiety, last date of use August 2003.

I was asked to see a psychiatrist by the Panel Physician Dr Cronje at Knightsbridge, who wrote me a glowing psychiatric report.

I wasn't that impressed with Dr Cronje, she didn't seem to have a clue what she was doing. She mentioned I may be class B psychiatric. I shouldn't have any condition at all by the guidelines to panel physicians.

The reason I'm concerned is I understand that after the rise in fees a glut of applications was received for AOS, and it could take over 12 months from date of my medical, though its my understanding USCIS is waiving the requirement for another medical if there is no class A (With waiver of course) or class B condition. However, if there is a class B condition, another medical is required if AOS isn't complete 12 months from the date of last medical. If I'm wrong, of course please let me know.

I really, really don't want to have to go through talking about my past again, I was terrified I'd present it wrongly last time and something would go wrong, though I know there might be no choice but to do another medical.

How do I tell if I was given a class B psychiatric condition. The Immigration lawyer in London we used doesn't know, and now I have my visa doesn't seem to be interested in finding out.

Thanks in advance.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have a class B medical condition. When I applied for my AOS, my K-1 medical was less than a year old. My AOS took nearly 2 years to process, however, so there is no way the medical was still valid when my AOS was approved. I was not requested to do or submit another medical even though I have a class B condition and the medical was long expired by the time of approval. I suspect that as long as you marry within your 90 days and submit your AOS in a timely way while your K-1 medical is still valid, you should be fine. The important thing right now is that you received your visa - congratulations! If, in the end, they do require another medical or further information, well, you just have to roll with the punches. I strongly suspect, however, that they won't. Good luck.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.