Roserick

Got Interview next month, Do I need to show 2007 ITR?

12 posts in this topic

I have a question regarding ITR's.. (W2)

So ok.. What I submitted to NVC for my Affidavit of Support I-864 was my 2004, 2005, and 2006.. Which my 2006 was above poverty line. That is why I didn't need a co-sponsor.

Now that I have an Interview on Feb 20. Do I need to show 2007 ITR also... I am afraid they might ask me for a co-sponsor and put my wife on AR.. :unsure:

I didn't make that much last year.. I am $600 short of the poverty line level..

I was thinking of not mentioning 2007 ITR since I didn't submit that for my I-864 plus W2 for 2007 are just being processed.. I was just lucky to get mine early, but bad luck to see that I didn't make much last year. :(

What should I do?

IR-1 Visa for Wife

NVC Case Complete = January 2, 2008

Received Packet 4 here in the US (Interview Packet) = January 18, 2008

Case Left NVC Forwarded to USEM Manila = January 23, 2008

SLEC Medical = Jan 31 and Feb 1, 2008 (2 days)

USEM Manila Interview = February 20, 2008 @ 8:30am = DONE! (Status: 2 Months wait is over APPROVED)

CFO Guidance & Counseling = April 17, 2008

Visa in Hand = April 18, 2008 (Our Wedding Anniversary)

Arrival in the US and POE = April 23, 2008 JFK Intl. Airport New York City

Social Security Card = May 2, 2008

Green Card in Hand = August 18,2008

I have a question regarding ITR's.. (W2)

So ok.. What I submitted to NVC for my Affidavit of Support I-864 was my 2004, 2005, and 2006.. Which my 2006 was above poverty line. That is why I didn't need a co-sponsor.

Now that I have an Interview on Feb 20. Do I need to show 2007 ITR also... I am afraid they might ask me for a co-sponsor and put my wife on AR.. :unsure:

I didn't make that much last year.. I am $600 short of the poverty line level..

I was thinking of not mentioning 2007 ITR since I didn't submit that for my I-864 plus W2 for 2007 are just being processed.. I was just lucky to get mine early, but bad luck to see that I didn't make much last year. :(

What should I do?

Even though you'll be having your interview before the April 15th filing deadling, and therefore making the 2006 return the current one, the CO can ask for any information they want and could ask for the 2007 W2 or paycheck stubs from the end of year. If your pay is up again, I would bring letter from my employer and recent pay stubs, but not bring it up if not asked. If you have a family member willing to co-sponsor, it would be a good idea to have that ready just in case of AR for not enough income.

Good Luck Erick.

First trip 01-17-07

Married 02-05-07

What Service Center was filed at? Nebraska transferred to California

Provide dates for the following:

I-130 sent (Mailed)..........................3-12-07

1st NOA (Receipt Notice) .................3-29-07

2nd NOA (Approval Notice) e-mail.....6-15-07

Bill for I-864 processing fee rcd and sent..7-24-07

I-864 Packet Received......................8-18-07

I-864 Mailed to NV............................8-20-07

Bill for DS-230 received....................8-29-07

Payment for DS-230 sent..................8-30-07

DS-230 Packet received..................10-25-07

DS-230 Packet sent to NVC..............10-29-07

Case Completed..............................11-16-07

Case Forwarded to Embassy.............11-30-07

Packet recieved from NVC................12-07-07

Medical complete...............................1-04-08

Leave for Manila................................1-19-08

Interview and approval......................1-22-08

Visa in Hand .....................................1-24-08

Arrived in USA...................................3-19-08

[

Even though you'll be having your interview before the April 15th filing deadling, and therefore making the 2006 return the current one, the CO can ask for any information they want and could ask for the 2007 W2 or paycheck stubs from the end of year. If your pay is up again, I would bring letter from my employer and recent pay stubs, but not bring it up if not asked. If you have a family member willing to co-sponsor, it would be a good idea to have that ready just in case of AR for not enough income.

Good Luck Erick.

I just checked the USEM Manila website.. It doesn't tell me to bring my latest ITR's.. So I have the reason to tell them I didn't know and it wasn't on the Packet 4.

I figure since they have it already with my I864..

All they are asking to bring is photos and some proof of bona fide marriage..

Wish me luck guys.. :unsure:

IR-1 Visa for Wife

USEM Manila Interview = February 20, 2008 @ 8:30am = DONE! (Status: 2 Months wait is over APPROVED)

[

Good Luck Erick.

I just checked the USEM Manila website.. It doesn't tell me to bring my latest ITR's.. So I have the reason to tell them I didn't know and it wasn't on the Packet 4.

Hopefully, with you having been married so long, they aren't going to take much time interviewing you and you'll be out the door and on your way.

First trip 01-17-07

Married 02-05-07

Hopefully, with you having been married so long, they aren't going to take much time interviewing you and you'll be out the door and on your way.

I know.. I can't wait for this process to end get my family here ASAP!!

I pray every night that Please make everything right on the interview.. God know how much I want to be with my family..

Everyday just to know their alright brightens my day.. Especially the little one!!

Oh I miss them so much!! :(

IR-1 Visa for Wife

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi, I also got my interview scheduled for Feb 27th!!!!

And I got a letter from NVC in the mail telling when my interview will be and what i need to bring with. One of the reminders says:

"If a sponsor filed I-864 (Affidavit of Support) and provided the NVC with the proof of IRS Federal Income Tax Extension in lieu of a Federal Income Tax Return, the applicant must bring the sponsor's most recent Federal Income Tax Return to the visa interview".

What is that? Am I really gonna need that? (My husband filed I-864EZ to NVC and everything was fine with it).

44_34_44DB9040_LMLyPLhLuLbLbLyPLiLsPLmLaLkLiLnLgPLmLePLhLaLpLpLyPLfLoLr_3.gif

And I got a letter from NVC in the mail telling when my interview will be and what i need to bring with. One of the reminders says:

"If a sponsor filed I-864 (Affidavit of Support) and provided the NVC with the proof of IRS Federal Income Tax Extension in lieu of a Federal Income Tax Return, the applicant must bring the sponsor's most recent Federal Income Tax Return to the visa interview".

What is that? Am I really gonna need that? (My husband filed I-864EZ to NVC and everything was fine with it).

The 2007 return won't be due until April 15, 2008, so you won't need to provide that or an Extension since your interview is at the end of next month.

An extension gives extra time to file the return without being penalized for missing the April 15th due date. It gives an extra 6 months to do so without penaly, but does not give the time penalty free to make sure there is enough paid into the IRS by April 15th to avoid any interest. The main reason VJers would be using this is, as in our case, where we want to be able to file a joint married return for 2007 but won't go thru our POE until the last week of March which is not enough time for the SS card to arrive before the tax due date. We will file for a 6 month extension, wait and file the return after the SS card arrives. That way we have a required SSN on the return for my wife.

First trip 01-17-07

Married 02-05-07

The 2007 return won't be due until April 15, 2008, so you won't need to provide that or an Extension since your interview is at the end of next month.

An extension gives extra time to file the return without being penalized for missing the April 15th due date. It gives an extra 6 months to do so without penaly, but does not give the time penalty free to make sure there is enough paid into the IRS by April 15th to avoid any interest. The main reason VJers would be using this is, as in our case, where we want to be able to file a joint married return for 2007 but won't go thru our POE until the last week of March which is not enough time for the SS card to arrive before the tax due date. We will file for a 6 month extension, wait and file the return after the SS card arrives. That way we have a required SSN on the return for my wife.

Thanks Bob...

I want to be on the safe side.. I will prepare another I864 for my co-sponsor.. And bring it with me on my wife's Interview.

Now what do I need from the co-sponsor? Well I do know he has to signed it and get it notarized. What kind of notary? Just regular bank or does it have to be Immigration Notary?

Also How many ITR's needed and what year?

Please advice.. Man!! Your almost gone.. Just trying to get my questions in before you leave.. You have been such a help.. Please don't forget us after the Interview!! :thumbs:

IR-1 Visa for Wife

Thanks Bob...

I want to be on the safe side.. I will prepare another I864 for my co-sponsor.. And bring it with me on my wife's Interview.

Now what do I need from the co-sponsor? Well I do know he has to signed it and get it notarized. What kind of notary? Just regular bank or does it have to be Immigration Notary?

Also How many ITR's needed and what year?

Please advice.. Man!! Your almost gone.. Just trying to get my questions in before you leave.. You have been such a help.. Please don't forget us after the Interview!! :thumbs:

Just have the same info for the possible co-sponser as you had for your own. A bank notary will be fine and the last year's ITR, W-2, pay stubs if possible.

Yep, leaving in the morning for Manila and will be there Sunday night local time. I'll try to get chances to check the forum while I'm goine but won't be back full time until we return Easter weekend. Looking forward to a smooth interview, good times with wife and her family and catchin' up on some loving :dance: Hope to see lots of interviews scheduled soon for everyone.

First trip 01-17-07

Married 02-05-07

Just have the same info for the possible co-sponser as you had for your own. A bank notary will be fine and the last year's ITR, W-2, pay stubs if possible.

Yep, leaving in the morning for Manila and will be there Sunday night local time. I'll try to get chances to check the forum while I'm goine but won't be back full time until we return Easter weekend. Looking forward to a smooth interview, good times with wife and her family and catchin' up on some loving :dance: Hope to see lots of interviews scheduled soon for everyone.

What about the letter from his job? Now do I need to make another I864 for myself?

So ITR for 2006, pay stub.. What else?

Now the question is.. Since I want to use my older brother as my Co-Sponsor. Can I use him as a Co-Sponsor? He also sponsored his family 3yrs ago?

Edited by Roserick

IR-1 Visa for Wife

I am really screwed.. Just got my wife's Packet 4 (Interview Packet) yesterday, and this is what it says..

"If sponsor filed an I-864 (Affidavit of Support) AND provided the NVC with proof of an IRS Federal Income Tax Extension in lieu of a Federal Income Tax Return, the applicant must bring the sponsor's most recent Federal Income Tax Return to the visa interview."

IR-1 Visa for Wife

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.