Paul Ficca

What does the Chicago lockbox do?

7 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I filed my I-130 way back in October, still no NOA1, from what i understand my petition is at the Chicago lockbox right now. according to the USCIS website the receipting date for the Chicago lockbox is nov. 1st what does the chicago lockbox do? are they going to issue the receipt and cash my check? or what?

I think Chicago Lock Box is a sorting dept of USCIS..

That is why they tell everybody who is filing I-130 to send their documents @ the Chicago Lock Box instead of VSC or CSC..

IR-1 Visa for Wife

NVC Case Complete = January 2, 2008

Received Packet 4 here in the US (Interview Packet) = January 18, 2008

Case Left NVC Forwarded to USEM Manila = January 23, 2008

SLEC Medical = Jan 31 and Feb 1, 2008 (2 days)

USEM Manila Interview = February 20, 2008 @ 8:30am = DONE! (Status: 2 Months wait is over APPROVED)

CFO Guidance & Counseling = April 17, 2008

Visa in Hand = April 18, 2008 (Our Wedding Anniversary)

Arrival in the US and POE = April 23, 2008 JFK Intl. Airport New York City

Social Security Card = May 2, 2008

Green Card in Hand = August 18,2008

Hi everyone, I filed my I-130 way back in October, still no NOA1, from what i understand my petition is at the Chicago lockbox right now. according to the USCIS website the receipting date for the Chicago lockbox is nov. 1st what does the chicago lockbox do? are they going to issue the receipt and cash my check? or what?

Chicago is helping with the receipt of I-130s. From what I understand, they have contractors who are using high speed scanners to scan in the applications and electronically send the info to the appropriate SC for adjudication. This is going to catch up the receipting, but it's also going to mean a huge number of apps backed up. Hopefully, the extra people that USCIS has hired are mostly working on adjucating and will start to get out from under the backlog.

I've been seeing a lot of people who filed in August and Sept. getting their NOA #1 so you shouldn't be far behind in that stage of the journey.

First trip 01-17-07

Married 02-05-07

What Service Center was filed at? Nebraska transferred to California

Provide dates for the following:

I-130 sent (Mailed)..........................3-12-07

1st NOA (Receipt Notice) .................3-29-07

2nd NOA (Approval Notice) e-mail.....6-15-07

Bill for I-864 processing fee rcd and sent..7-24-07

I-864 Packet Received......................8-18-07

I-864 Mailed to NV............................8-20-07

Bill for DS-230 received....................8-29-07

Payment for DS-230 sent..................8-30-07

DS-230 Packet received..................10-25-07

DS-230 Packet sent to NVC..............10-29-07

Case Completed..............................11-16-07

Case Forwarded to Embassy.............11-30-07

Packet recieved from NVC................12-07-07

Medical complete...............................1-04-08

Leave for Manila................................1-19-08

Interview and approval......................1-22-08

Visa in Hand .....................................1-24-08

Arrived in USA...................................3-19-08

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

Chicago is only scanning in apps. They are not cashing anything or approving anyone's petition. Their job is to get you in the main system for the officers to see, not necessarily for us to log on and see our case's progress. Also their second job is to get you a receipt notice. But remember, as USCIS has actually stated, They are not in the business of issuing receipt notices.

Hey, I'm just the bearer of the news. lol.

Byeee

bananna.gif

12/25/2004 - Met my future hubby while on trip to Gambia

12/13/2006 - Married my hubby in Gambia (West Africa)

12/08/2007 - Sent I-130 to Chicago Lock box. USPS Express Mail December 08,'07, 7:44 pm

02/05/2008 - I-130 NOA1 Hardcopy Received in mailbox

05/27/2008 - Filed Expedite Request by phone with CSR

06/01/2008 - Received Denial Email

06/05/2008 - Filed 2nd request

06/23/2008 - Expedite Approved

07/27/2008 - NOA2

10/21/2008 - Case complete at NVC (Technically was expedited to embassy)

11/06/2008 - Interview at Dakar Embassy

11/06/2008 - Notice (show more income evidence from petitioner)

11/07/2008 - Case on hold

11/18/2008 - 2nd Interview Date

11/18/2008 - Notice (Show even more income and ORIGINAL docs now from 1st cosponsor

12/23/2008 - Received email for 3rd Interview scheduled for March 25th, 2009. Bring Pics

01/23/2009- In Gambia with hubby

03/25/2009- Interview

04/09/2009- POE Atlanta (CR-1 Status until 2011)

04/13/2009- husband arrested for domestic violence (Aggravated Assault-Felony)

05/19/2009- Filed for divorce

06/02/2009- Letter sent to immigration detailing abuse & fraud

09/08/2009- Divorce Hearing

09/10/2009- Divorce Trial (Continued)

03/11/2010- Notice To Appear issued

03/22/2010- Divorced

05/18/2010- Deportation Master Hearing

05/18/2010- Deportation Ordered

06/17/2010- Appeal Time Over. ICE picked him up. In Jail

08/10/2010- Another Master Hearing Scheduled. Out of jail.

05/31/2012- Individual Hearing Scheduled

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Was AlGore behind this lock box thing? Was that right after he invented the internet and before the Global Warming gig?

My beloved Joy is here, married and pregnant!

Baby due March 28, 2009

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Was AlGore behind this lock box thing? Was that right after he invented the internet and before the Global Warming gig?

No,I think the lockbox,is similar to "area 51"where Aliens scan the apps telepathically, very mysterious,they are on app's for November,but still the mystery exists,what do they do there?Why is there still some of us who sent apps in august and september,that still haven't got their NOA1's yet?Ask a USCIS officer,and he/she will tell you"I don't know" Are they on Novembers app's or not? No one really knows.

No,I think the lockbox,is similar to "area 51"where Aliens scan the apps telepathically, very mysterious,they are on app's for November,but still the mystery exists,what do they do there?Why is there still some of us who sent apps in august and september,that still haven't got their NOA1's yet?Ask a USCIS officer,and he/she will tell you"I don't know" Are they on Novembers app's or not? No one really knows.

I believe that actual mailing addy for the chicago lockbox is somewhere in Roswell New Mexico, need i say anymore?

No truth, it is a building basically where the contractors have their high speed scanners - tis all - i actually believe it was at one time a bank like HSBC or along those lines,something like that, so right now it is just a mail stop for sorting the applications and scanning them.

After that they are sending them to whatever service center can handle the load. Do not think that your file will end up where your location should be though, it can happen, but do not count on this if you plan on filing your I-129f if applicable until you get the NOA1 indicating exactly which center you will be processed at.

Cheers

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.