Eternal Love

so here goes my CFO experience

30 posts in this topic

dont worry, your wife will do fine. :yes: when it comes to CR1 or IR1, the people from the SMEF-COW or PRISM doesnt give the petitioned spouses a hard time. the one on one interview will be fast and smooth. just remind your wife to photocopy some important documents bcoz sometimes they are asking a copy.

goodluck! :thumbs:

Important Docs like what?

Passport? NSO BC, MC,?

Please verify..

One important thing also is make sure ur wife has ur house number and not just cellphone number cuz they'll be asking for it (on the form to be filled-out). :yes:

I-130 PETITION

May-11-07 Mailed I-130 to CSC

Sept-14-07 I-130 APPROVED!!!!..after 100 days!

NVC Process

09-24-07 NVC rec'd case/assigned number

10-08-07 DS-3032/AOS fee bill generated

10-14-07 AOS bill payment mailed from Philippines

10-15-07 e-mailed DS-3032 to NVC

10-25-07 DS-3032 entered in the system

10-29-07 IV fee bill generated

10-31-07 AOS Fee Bill processed

11-05-07 I-864 generated

11-27-07 I-864 Received

11-26-07 I-864 Mailed to NVC

11-10-07 Received IV Fee Bill

11-13-07 Paid IV Fee Bill

11-19-07 IV Bill accepted

11-26-07 DS-230 generated

12-07-07 DS-230 Received

12-10-07 DS-230 Sent to NVC

01-04-08 NVC CASE COMPLETE

USEM

02-14-2008 INTERVIEW IN USEManila (6:30am!!!)

One important thing also is make sure ur wife has ur house number and not just cellphone number cuz they'll be asking for it (on the form to be filled-out). :yes:

Huh? We don't have a house phone no more.. I disconnected it.. Waste of money.. I already have a cell phone..

Can a work # be fine?

Huh? We don't have a house phone no more.. I disconnected it.. Waste of money.. I already have a cell phone..

Can a work # be fine?

IR-1 Visa for Wife

NVC Case Complete = January 2, 2008

Received Packet 4 here in the US (Interview Packet) = January 18, 2008

Case Left NVC Forwarded to USEM Manila = January 23, 2008

SLEC Medical = Jan 31 and Feb 1, 2008 (2 days)

USEM Manila Interview = February 20, 2008 @ 8:30am = DONE! (Status: 2 Months wait is over APPROVED)

CFO Guidance & Counseling = April 17, 2008

Visa in Hand = April 18, 2008 (Our Wedding Anniversary)

Arrival in the US and POE = April 23, 2008 JFK Intl. Airport New York City

Social Security Card = May 2, 2008

Green Card in Hand = August 18,2008

Can a work # be fine?

Can a work # be fine?

AM NOT SURE.. can somebody help here. :help:

I-130 PETITION

May-11-07 Mailed I-130 to CSC

Sept-14-07 I-130 APPROVED!!!!..after 100 days!

NVC Process

09-24-07 NVC rec'd case/assigned number

10-08-07 DS-3032/AOS fee bill generated

10-14-07 AOS bill payment mailed from Philippines

10-15-07 e-mailed DS-3032 to NVC

10-25-07 DS-3032 entered in the system

10-29-07 IV fee bill generated

10-31-07 AOS Fee Bill processed

11-05-07 I-864 generated

11-27-07 I-864 Received

11-26-07 I-864 Mailed to NVC

11-10-07 Received IV Fee Bill

11-13-07 Paid IV Fee Bill

11-19-07 IV Bill accepted

11-26-07 DS-230 generated

12-07-07 DS-230 Received

12-10-07 DS-230 Sent to NVC

01-04-08 NVC CASE COMPLETE

USEM

02-14-2008 INTERVIEW IN USEManila (6:30am!!!)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I really can't wait to be interviewed and finally be reunited to my wifey!! So without my original passport and visa I took the chance to go to SMEF-COW in Quezon City and finally have my counseling session.

:star: 1. I arrived there at exactly 7:30 coming from Pasig- had to beat the traffic from Manggahan going Ligaya to get a jeepney bound for Cubao.

2. at the waiting area, names are called one by one to register. I presented my orig birth certificate, 2 IDS and copy of passport, paid 250.00, we signed registration form for counseling a few second pause in front of webcam for the digital shot, and we were sent to the viewing room on the 2nd floor at exactly 8:30for the orientation - explaining the rationale about the purpose of the counseling, the background of SMEF-COW/CFO, ETC.

3. The focus of the TV viewing is on domestic violence experienced by women.

4. By 9:30, we were sent to another for group counseling by country of destination but we were only entertained after 30 minutes of waiting for the volunteer counselor. ( Thanks God, the old lady is nice.) Here, domestic violence is reiterated, after which you are allowed to ask a question or clarification.

5. Kinds of visas were also explained one by one.

6. travel advisory was also explained. ( copies were given out, though )

7. haaaaaaaay, after an hour, the one-on-one session was given. ( FYI: the lady counselor is so particular about middle name of fiancee/fiance, all you need to do is to fill-out correctly and completely the registration form they give you. After that yo will be asked some of the items you have filled-out.

8. Finally, i had my Guidance and Counseling Certificate of Attendance. I went down stairs to submit the counseling registration form filled out earlier with the certificate ( for the complete name to be printed on the form ).

9. need to photocopy the attendance certificate in duplicates. ( FYI: PHOTOCOPY MACHINE IN THE CENTER IS OUT-OF-ORDER, SO ONE NEEDS TO CROSS THE BOULEVARD TO GET TO THE NEAREST PHOTOCOPY SHOP, around 50 meters )

10. yay!!! we have to beat 12 pm break. We ran to the CFO to pay again??????????? 400 ( prepare the exact amount ) for another certificate to secure the CFO STICKER.

11. FINISHED!!! I will be back after my visa is issued for my sticker!!! please pray for my interview on the 7th of February! I WAS STARVING :blink: SO I BOARDED THE FIRST JEEPNEY THAT STOPPED OUTSIDE THE CENTER BOUND FOR CUBAO. I treated myself with vegemeat courtesy of BODHI and spinach... he he he he he

F Y I again:

:thumbs: Don't forget to photocopy all the documents required for you to bring.

( i told you their photocopy machine is not functioning - just need to be sure )

Just question here.. Is the guy fiance requires to watch the video about the violence experienced by women?

AOS Process:

Mar. 11, 2008- ARRIVED US

Mar. 12, 2008- got married

00-00-0000-Temple wedding-Mormon church

Mar.13, 2008-completed vaccinations-I693A supplement from CS

Mar. 18, 2008- sent the AOS package(I-485 and EAD)..applied for SSN..

Mar.19, 2008-Delivered. signed for by V Bustamante-took and passed written driving test

Mar.25, 2008-Check cashed-Received SSN

Mar.27,2008-Received NOA's in mail-Case available online

Mar.28, 2008-Received Biometrics appointment in mail-04/08/08

Apr.08,2008-Biometrics DONE

Apr.08-09,2008-TOUCHED

Apr.14,2008-Transfer Notice date to California(I-485)

Apr.17,2008-Received Notice in the mail about the transfer

Apr.20 and 22,2008-I-485 TOUCHED..No touch on EAD

Apr.24, 2008-Received AR driver license

May 07, 08, 09, 12, 13, 2008- I-485 TOUCHED..

May 16, 2008- I-765 Card production ordered -1st email

May 19, 2008- I-485 TOUCHED

May 21, 2008-I-765 Card production ordered-2nd email

May 22, 2008- I-765 TOUCHED

May 23, 2008-I765 Approval notice sent-3rd email

May 24, 2008- EAD in hand

May 28, 2008-AOS Card production ordered..yehey!!!got another email saying "Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident"

May 29, 2008-AOS TOUCHED

June 03, 2008- Green Card in hand

Just question here.. Is the guy fiance requires to watch the video about the violence experienced by women?

All applicants are required to attend the CFO Seminar and all are required to watch the videos. During my Guidance and Counseling, there are 2 men included in our group. They are also being petitioned by their fiance. He was asked for his petitioner's phone number and he doesn't even know it.

For the documents: bring all necessary documents just like what you would have bring for your interview. It really depends on the interviewer which documents they would ask from you. Some would ask for pictures, divorce decrees, all that they can think at that time. Lucky for me, she did not ask anything maybe because I'm on a CR-1/IR-1 category. They usually asks more from K-1 applicants. Good Luck to everyone!

HELEN

agif003.gif

22 February 2010 - mailed the N-400 packet

02 March 2010 - Check encashed/I-797C NOA

03 March 2010 - USCIS Acceptance Confirmation via e-mail and text message

06 March 2010 - received I-797C, Notice of Action/Receipt

01 April 2010 - Biometrics Appointment (Biometrics done 4/7/10)

27 April 2010 - received I-797C/ Request to Appear for Naturalization Interview

02 June 2010 - Interview schedule

17 June 2010 - Oath Taking (Memorial Auditorium, Sacramento, CA)

During my CFO guidance and counseling, one of the girls there was asked to make a written statement (like a sworn statement) that says she's aware of all the previous marriages (the petitioner was married at least 4 times, I think), when those marriages took place and ended and if the petitioner is a widower how and when did the previous wife die. Since she knew everything and got all the divorce decrees/death certificates with her, it wasn't so hard for her to make the statement. One of my friends too, had to be asked for written plans. I guess it's just to make sure that everything has been discussed between them and that she knew what she's getting herself into.

Anything can happen during the guidance and counseling so make sure you are well-prepared for it.

Good luck to others who will go through this phase! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

--Mae

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

• 4 months later...
Filed: Timeline

Hi folks,

my wife-to-be is going to be undergoing the CFO experience soon as well, but we have a major confusion right now:

CFO states on their website that they require TWO ID CARDS.

Now, i'm from Europe, and all i know is that i have one ID card only. So what exactly are they referring to as "ID card" in the philippines?

We're currently trying to wrap up all the necessary documents for the whole process, and these ominous "ID cards" pop up relatively frequently.

I appreciate a quick response :)

Hi folks,

my wife-to-be is going to be undergoing the CFO experience soon as well, but we have a major confusion right now:

CFO states on their website that they require TWO ID CARDS.

Now, i'm from Europe, and all i know is that i have one ID card only. So what exactly are they referring to as "ID card" in the philippines?

We're currently trying to wrap up all the necessary documents for the whole process, and these ominous "ID cards" pop up relatively frequently.

I appreciate a quick response :)

1. SS card

2. Driver's License

3. Work ID

4. Postal ID

5. PRC (for any professional that's registered to PRC)

6. You can also use NBI clearance

7. Police clearance

8. NSO issued Birth Certificates

I'm sure your future wife knows all about these IDs... just tell her.

--Mae

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Angela went to QC for her counseling and told me that everyone was very nice to her and that theytaught her alot of great things about the customs of the USA. Her exact words were " It was very nice experience, Honey"

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Joy just completed her CFO "guidance and counseling" session at PRISM. After they grilled and tortured her almost to the point of tears, they finally gave up on trying to ruin our relationship and issued her certificate.

Apparently because of our age difference, and the fact that I was divorced from a Filipina last year, the CFO "counselors" ("Gestapo" is a better description!) were convinced that I MUST have been a wife beater or worse. So, they went on and on and on, ignoring Joy's pleas that she really knew me well, that I am a lawyer with an unblemished reputation, and that my former Filipina wife deserted me for her Filipino boyfriend shortly after I helped her get US citizenship (I even gave Joy a copy of my ex-wife's citizenship certificate). Finally, the "counselors" gave up on their intimidation and mental torture techniques, and agreed to give Joy her certificate if she would sign a "letter of assurance," which is her statement that she knows me well.

I think it is a good idea that the Philippine government requires fiance(e)s and spouses of foreign nationals to take some sort of seminar to provide information they may need if, among other things, the partner turns out to be abusive or worse. But who are these people to pass judgment on individual relationships, and to interrogate the Filipina endlessly in such a cruel fashion? Perhaps there is a bit of a twinge of envy on the "counselor's" part that they are not the ones who are emigrating to a new country with someone they love.

Forgive me for venting, but I am just so angered by anyone who would make my sweet wife-to-be cry out of fear of a possible roadblock to our beginning our life together. Thank God that this torturous experience is over for her.

Marc

We also had a horror story at PRISM . You can read it here CFO PRISM HORROR

In all i think 3 couples the day we went got the Gestapo treatment, though we actually got our certificate. The other 2 couples did not. They had to go to a different CFO the next day to get theirs. I would never recommend anyone use the PRISM location. I wrote 2 letters to the US embassy there but they only gave me the runaround and told me to send my complaints to the CFO. What a crock.

Chris

1_948852256l.jpg

Gretchen montage

Davao July 07

our friendster

08/12/08 AOS sent

08/13/08 AOS received

08/15/08 NOA1 received EAD

08/15/08 NOA1 received AOS

08/19/08 Checks cashed

08/23/08 biometrics appt letter

09/09/08 biometrics

10/27/08 EAD approved

Timeline
During my CFO guidance and counseling, one of the girls there was asked to make a written statement (like a sworn statement) that says she's aware of all the previous marriages (the petitioner was married at least 4 times, I think), when those marriages took place and ended and if the petitioner is a widower how and when did the previous wife die. Since she knew everything and got all the divorce decrees/death certificates with her, it wasn't so hard for her to make the statement. One of my friends too, had to be asked for written plans. I guess it's just to make sure that everything has been discussed between them and that she knew what she's getting herself into.

Anything can happen during the guidance and counseling so make sure you are well-prepared for it.

Good luck to others who will go through this phase! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

--Mae

Gretchen was asked for my mothers birth certificate, (the US citizen's mothers birth certificate). they also wanted our boarding passes, ticket receipts to prove i had visited her before, copies of her Father and uncles ID. They demanded a self affidavit from Gretchen that she wanted to come to the USA and marry me. They demanded my passport, birth certificate and full divorce decree. They kept all but my Passport. Gretchen was never shown any videos, never counseled, only abused by the counselor who finally had Gretch in tears and then gave up trying to tear apart our relationship. If you can avoid it, go to any CFO but PRISM. Gretchen was there for 5 hours while i waited for 5 hours on the sidewalk outside.

Chris

1_948852256l.jpg

Gretchen montage

Davao July 07

our friendster

08/12/08 AOS sent

08/13/08 AOS received

08/19/08 Checks cashed

09/09/08 biometrics

10/27/08 EAD approved

In all i think 3 couples the day we went got the Gestapo treatment, though we actually got our certificate. The other 2 couples did not. They had to go to a different CFO the next day to get theirs. I would never recommend anyone use the PRISM location. I wrote 2 letters to the US embassy there but they only gave me the runaround and told me to send my complaints to the CFO. What a crock.

Chris

USEM and CFO-PRISM are two different agencies that's why they told you that. I believe PRISM is more of like a private organization. If you want to complain, you can talk to their head who happens to be a very nice woman. In fact, she was my counselor and we're in touch every now and then. If you want her email add, I can give it to you in PM.

Gretchen was asked for my mothers birth certificate, (the US citizen's mothers birth certificate). they also wanted our boarding passes, ticket receipts to prove i had visited her before, copies of her Father and uncles ID. They demanded a self affidavit from Gretchen that she wanted to come to the USA and marry me. They demanded my passport, birth certificate and full divorce decree. They kept all but my Passport. Gretchen was never shown any videos, never counseled, only abused by the counselor who finally had Gretch in tears and then gave up trying to tear apart our relationship. If you can avoid it, go to any CFO but PRISM. Gretchen was there for 5 hours while i waited for 5 hours on the sidewalk outside.

Chris

Sadly, Gretchen was not the only one. Like I said, during my time, a lot of girls were asked too many things and were given a hard time for not bringing necessary documents. Don't get me wrong but I like how strict they are at PRISM. It shows that they really care about your welfare and making sure you know what you're getting yourself into. And like what I also said, if the applicant wants to make sure she'll have an easy time, go to St. Mary's. Anyway, I believe it's a one-stop shop. You can get the seminars and then the stamp all in one place.

--Mae

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

Timeline

Hi, sure i would love her email address. I know several couples that would love to email her with their experience.

Chris

1_948852256l.jpg

Gretchen montage

Davao July 07

our friendster

08/12/08 AOS sent

08/13/08 AOS received

08/19/08 Checks cashed

09/09/08 biometrics

10/27/08 EAD approved

Timeline

Our CFO experience was the most traumatic, worst experience of our whole K1 visa procedure. It was so abusive and stressful on Gretchen that here i am months later still on message boards telling it, recommending others aviod it and to date i have written 2 letters to the US Embassy there in Manila detailing it. I also post on another website where similiar CFO experiences are listed. We are not the only ones to have that abusive counselor.

If i can help one lady or couple avoid what we and a few other couples we were with went thru that day, then i will have done a great good. Everything else is the process was manageable. The Medical, filings, the documents, the waiting, the being apart, the US Embassy interview, the waiting for the Visa, the document verification, all of it was easy and procedural. The PRISM CFO experience and interrogation traumatized Gretchen who was in tears for about 5 hours during it. That i can never have taken back. She will carry that experience with her now the rest of her life. Fortunately we dont have to endure it again, but that doesnt mean i have to be quiet about it and allow that counselor to continue to inflict that on others.

and i wonder if you would have liked how strict they were if they had inflicted the interrogation on you , kept you there 5 hours in tears, demanding documents you have no way to supply. I wonder how you would have handled that. Could you have given them your husbands mothers birth certificate? Could you have given them your fathers photo id? your uncle's photo id? Did you have your husband's certified birth certificate, and passport? did you have all the orginal airline boardign passes and filght stubs? this is some of the things they demanded of Gretchen.

Chris

Edited by chris4gretchen

1_948852256l.jpg

Gretchen montage

Davao July 07

our friendster

08/12/08 AOS sent

08/13/08 AOS received

08/19/08 Checks cashed

09/09/08 biometrics

10/27/08 EAD approved

... Don't get me wrong but I like how strict they are at PRISM. It shows that they really care about your welfare and making sure you know what you're getting yourself into.

--Mae

... and i wonder if you would have liked how strict they were if they had inflicted the interrogation on you , kept you there 5 hours in tears, demanding documents you have no way to supply. I wonder how you would have handled that. Could you have given them your husbands mothers birth certificate? Could you have given them your fathers photo id? your uncle's photo id? Did you have your husband's certified birth certificate, and passport? did you have all the orginal airline boardign passes and filght stubs? this is some of the things they demanded of Gretchen.

Chris

I hope you're not using what I said against me because it was an honest personal opinion, which we are free to speak out, so chill out. And like I said, don't get me wrong...

It is too bad that your wife experience such traumatic experience and I didn't say nor will ever say that she or other ladies deserved to be interrogated. And I, myself would never, ever want to be in that situation. I witnessed how strict they were when I was there and I felt sorry for my fellow applicants (one of them is my friend) who were denied of their certificates. It was horrible experience for them. I didn't tell them that they deserve it for lacking documents because I emphatized with them. Who would have thought that PRISM would demand too many things just to prove that the relationship that the applicant is into is for real?

While it's true that there are reported horror experiences at PRISM, there are some of us here too who had an easy time with them. You know, it all depends on who handles the counseling and how demanding they can be. But still, I stand to what I said before that I like their strictness because it shows they care about the applicants. Sorry but it's just my honest opinion, whether you like it or not.

I'm going to email the head of PRISM and ask her if it's ok if I give her address to you and explain to her that you have some issues you want to bring to her attention. I'll PM it to you as soon as I heard from her.

Cheers! Have a good weekend!

--Mae

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.