Eternal Love

so here goes my CFO experience

30 posts in this topic

I really can't wait to be interviewed and finally be reunited to my wifey!! So without my original passport and visa I took the chance to go to SMEF-COW in Quezon City and finally have my counseling session.

:star: 1. I arrived there at exactly 7:30 coming from Pasig- had to beat the traffic from Manggahan going Ligaya to get a jeepney bound for Cubao.

2. at the waiting area, names are called one by one to register. I presented my orig birth certificate, 2 IDS and copy of passport, paid 250.00, we signed registration form for counseling a few second pause in front of webcam for the digital shot, and we were sent to the viewing room on the 2nd floor at exactly 8:30for the orientation - explaining the rationale about the purpose of the counseling, the background of SMEF-COW/CFO, ETC.

3. The focus of the TV viewing is on domestic violence experienced by women.

4. By 9:30, we were sent to another for group counseling by country of destination but we were only entertained after 30 minutes of waiting for the volunteer counselor. ( Thanks God, the old lady is nice.) Here, domestic violence is reiterated, after which you are allowed to ask a question or clarification.

5. Kinds of visas were also explained one by one.

6. travel advisory was also explained. ( copies were given out, though )

7. haaaaaaaay, after an hour, the one-on-one session was given. ( FYI: the lady counselor is so particular about middle name of fiancee/fiance, all you need to do is to fill-out correctly and completely the registration form they give you. After that yo will be asked some of the items you have filled-out.

8. Finally, i had my Guidance and Counseling Certificate of Attendance. I went down stairs to submit the counseling registration form filled out earlier with the certificate ( for the complete name to be printed on the form ).

9. need to photocopy the attendance certificate in duplicates. ( FYI: PHOTOCOPY MACHINE IN THE CENTER IS OUT-OF-ORDER, SO ONE NEEDS TO CROSS THE BOULEVARD TO GET TO THE NEAREST PHOTOCOPY SHOP, around 50 meters )

10. yay!!! we have to beat 12 pm break. We ran to the CFO to pay again??????????? 400 ( prepare the exact amount ) for another certificate to secure the CFO STICKER.

11. FINISHED!!! I will be back after my visa is issued for my sticker!!! please pray for my interview on the 7th of February! I WAS STARVING :blink: SO I BOARDED THE FIRST JEEPNEY THAT STOPPED OUTSIDE THE CENTER BOUND FOR CUBAO. I treated myself with vegemeat courtesy of BODHI and spinach... he he he he he

F Y I again:

:thumbs: Don't forget to photocopy all the documents required for you to bring.

( i told you their photocopy machine is not functioning - just need to be sure )

June 11 - Mailed I-129F to TSC

June 14 - CSC Received I-129F

June 20 - I-129F Notice Date

Nov 2 - NOA2

Nov 8 - NOA 2 hard copy

Nov 20 - Package left NVC

Nov. 26 - USEM received our packet from NVC

Jan 8- Early Medical, received Packet 4

Jan 10- Medical Passed after 3 days in SLEC!!! Whew!!!

Jan 17: Early CFO seminar

Jan 30 - SLEC Medical Exam Appt

Feb 7th - INTERVIEW appointment at USEM (APPROVED!!!)

Feb 12th - Visa on Hand!

Feb 15th - Patrick's departure

Feb 18 - Pat filed for Social Security # and we applied for marriage license

March 1- WEDDING DAY

March 14 - Pat got his SS card thru the mail

Mid-April - We received our marriage license in the mail

May 2- Michelle's graduation :)

May 5- AOS Filing

May 13 - NOA 1 for AED AOS

May 31 - Biometrics

June 25- Notice of Tranfer of Docs to CSC

July 16 - EAD - Card Production Ordered

July 24 - EAD Card RECEIVED

July 25 - AOS WELCOME NOTICE RECEIVED

July 28 - GREEN CARD received!!!

April 30,2010 - I-751 sent to VSC

May 04, 2010 - I-767C

MARCH29, 2012 - N-400 SENT

Nice post, thanks for sharing. Claudeth spent the entire day, almost 12 hours, when she did her CFO in Cebu. ugh :unsure:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Joy just completed her CFO "guidance and counseling" session at PRISM. After they grilled and tortured her almost to the point of tears, they finally gave up on trying to ruin our relationship and issued her certificate.

Apparently because of our age difference, and the fact that I was divorced from a Filipina last year, the CFO "counselors" ("Gestapo" is a better description!) were convinced that I MUST have been a wife beater or worse. So, they went on and on and on, ignoring Joy's pleas that she really knew me well, that I am a lawyer with an unblemished reputation, and that my former Filipina wife deserted me for her Filipino boyfriend shortly after I helped her get US citizenship (I even gave Joy a copy of my ex-wife's citizenship certificate). Finally, the "counselors" gave up on their intimidation and mental torture techniques, and agreed to give Joy her certificate if she would sign a "letter of assurance," which is her statement that she knows me well.

I think it is a good idea that the Philippine government requires fiance(e)s and spouses of foreign nationals to take some sort of seminar to provide information they may need if, among other things, the partner turns out to be abusive or worse. But who are these people to pass judgment on individual relationships, and to interrogate the Filipina endlessly in such a cruel fashion? Perhaps there is a bit of a twinge of envy on the "counselor's" part that they are not the ones who are emigrating to a new country with someone they love.

Forgive me for venting, but I am just so angered by anyone who would make my sweet wife-to-be cry out of fear of a possible roadblock to our beginning our life together. Thank God that this torturous experience is over for her.

Marc

u]TIMELINE[/u]

Fiancee Visa

May 25 thru June 2, 2007- Marc and Joy meet and spend time in person in Davao, Philippines

June 12, 2007- I-129F mailed to TSC

June 25, 2007- Check cashed

June 25, 2007- NOA1 Receipt date (at CSC)

July 6. 2007- NOA1 hard copy received from CSC

November 6, 2007- NOA2 (Notice date, per website) YES!!!

November 9, 2007- NOA2 Hard copy received

November 29, 2007- Received NVC letter

December 3, 2007- I-129F package received by embassy

Jan. 15-16, 2008 - Early medical at St. Luke's

January 30, 2008- Medical appointment date

February 7, 2008- Embassy interview date

February 11, 2008 - Pick up visa at embassy

February 15, 2008 - Joy and I fly to US together

AOS

March 17, 2008 - Joy and I are married! (YES!!!)

March 18, 2008 - I-485 and I-765 mailed to Chicago

April 2, 2008 - Receipt date for I-485 and I-765

April 24, 2008 - Biometrics appointment

April 24, 2008 - I-485 transferred to California Service Center

May 2, 2008 - Received notice of transfer to CSC

May 18, 2008 - I-485 touched

June 4, 2008 - Received CRIS e-mail: EAD card production ordered

June 9, 2008 - Received 2nd Notice from CRIS: EAD card production ordered

June 11, 2008 - Received 3rd Notice from CRIS: EAD card production ordered

June 14, 2008 - Received EAD card in mail

July 22, 2008 - Received CRIS e-mail: Letter mailed welcoming new permanent resident

July 26, 2008 - Received letter weloming new permanent residence in mail

July 28, 2008 - Green Card received in mail!!!

Joy just completed her CFO "guidance and counseling" session at PRISM. After they grilled and tortured her almost to the point of tears, they finally gave up on trying to ruin our relationship and issued her certificate.

Apparently because of our age difference, and the fact that I was divorced from a Filipina last year, the CFO "counselors" ("Gestapo" is a better description!) were convinced that I MUST have been a wife beater or worse. So, they went on and on and on, ignoring Joy's pleas that she really knew me well, that I am a lawyer with an unblemished reputation, and that my former Filipina wife deserted me for her Filipino boyfriend shortly after I helped her get US citizenship (I even gave Joy a copy of my ex-wife's citizenship certificate). Finally, the "counselors" gave up on their intimidation and mental torture techniques, and agreed to give Joy her certificate if she would sign a "letter of assurance," which is her statement that she knows me well.

I think it is a good idea that the Philippine government requires fiance(e)s and spouses of foreign nationals to take some sort of seminar to provide information they may need if, among other things, the partner turns out to be abusive or worse. But who are these people to pass judgment on individual relationships, and to interrogate the Filipina endlessly in such a cruel fashion? Perhaps there is a bit of a twinge of envy on the "counselor's" part that they are not the ones who are emigrating to a new country with someone they love.

Forgive me for venting, but I am just so angered by anyone who would make my sweet wife-to-be cry out of fear of a possible roadblock to our beginning our life together. Thank God that this torturous experience is over for her.

Marc

oh, i am sorry for the experience but there's no such thing like that in SMEF-COW. The lady volunteers their were all nice and accomodating!! All they need for a fiance/fiancee whoo had been divorced is proper documentation...

Nov 2 - NOA2

Nov 8 - NOA 2 hard copy

Feb 12th - Visa on Hand!

March 1- WEDDING DAY

May 5- AOS Filing

May 31 - Biometrics

May 04, 2010 - I-767C

Thank You guys for sharing your CFO experience.. This is very helpful..

BTW what is SMEF-COW or PRISM?

What is the difference?

You guys think they would give my wife a hard time? I am filipino and speak the language, no past marriage just the current, and our age is only 2yrs apart and we have a daughter together.. We have been married going 3yrs now..

Advice pls..

IR-1 Visa for Wife

NVC Case Complete = January 2, 2008

Received Packet 4 here in the US (Interview Packet) = January 18, 2008

Case Left NVC Forwarded to USEM Manila = January 23, 2008

SLEC Medical = Jan 31 and Feb 1, 2008 (2 days)

USEM Manila Interview = February 20, 2008 @ 8:30am = DONE! (Status: 2 Months wait is over APPROVED)

CFO Guidance & Counseling = April 17, 2008

Visa in Hand = April 18, 2008 (Our Wedding Anniversary)

Arrival in the US and POE = April 23, 2008 JFK Intl. Airport New York City

Social Security Card = May 2, 2008

Green Card in Hand = August 18,2008

thanks for sharing your interview experience. :thumbs: i plan to go after i get the visa so i can attend the counselling and get the stamp all in one day. is there available parking in the area? do i get you right that total fees amounted to 650? wow! 2 years ago when i was planning to amend my passport, i was told you only pay 100 for the seminar and stamp...i should've gone then when it was a lot cheaper... :bonk: hehehe!

mikeandlani

our Visa Journey

09.01.06 - Filed I130 to VSC

05.21.07 - NOA2

06.19.07 - NVC receives Petition

11.23.07 - CASE COMPLETE

01.30.08 - USEM Interview

02.02.08 - CR1 Visa Received

03.03.08 - Entered US through Detroit International

03.27.08 - Received 2yr Conditional Resident Card

04.01.08 - Filed for my SSN at the local SSA office

04.05.08 - SSN received by mail

05.03.08 - Finally got my Driver's License

lifting conditions....

I-I-751

12.07.09 - Sent I-751 to VSC by express mail

12.08.09 - I-751 delivered to VSC per USPS tracking :-)

12.09.09 - NOA1 date (Checked cashed :-D)

12.14.09 - Received NOA1

12.18.09 - ASC Appointment Notice Date

12.26.09 - Received ASC Appointment Notice

12.31.09 - Early Biometrics

01.14.10 - Biometrics Schedule

02.26.10 - Email update --Card Production ordered

03.02.10 - Email update --Approval Notice sent

03.06.10 - Approval Notice Received

03.08.10 - Card Received

Naturalization

I-N400

09.09.11 - Sent N400 to USCIS Dallas Lockbox

09.23.11 - Received 1-797 by mail

11.17.11 - Biometrics Schedule

01.25.12 - Received Interview and Exam Notice by mail

02.28.12 - Interview schedule

03.28.12 - Oath Ceremony

What is the difference?

You guys think they would give my wife a hard time? I am filipino and speak the language, no past marriage just the current, and our age is only 2yrs apart and we have a daughter together.. We have been married going 3yrs now..

Advice pls..

SMEF-COW = St. Mary Euphrasia Foundation-Center for Overseas Workers (SMEF-COW) is in Quezon City

PRSIM = People's Reform Initiative for Social Mobilization Inc. (PRISM) is in Manila

They both conduct the guidance and counseling program to Filipino spouses and other partners of foreign nationals. It is just a matter of where your wife is nearer to attend the guidance and counselling (Yellow Certificate). The Commission on Filipinos Overseas (CFO) issues the guidance and counseling certificate (Green Certificate) to clients who have satisfactorily completed the guidance and counseling requirements at SMEF-COW or PRISM.

Since you've been married for almost 3 years, your wife will not have that much problems. I attended the counseling seminar at PRISM and it only took me less than 10 minutes with my one-on-one counseling. We were married for a year, and she didn't even ask for my husband's divorce decree nor about our age difference (which is 12 years). She just ask about my husband's job and what I'm planning to do when I get to the U.S.

SMEF-COW are run by nuns and some nuns do the conseling and they may be like "gestapo" with their querries and scrutinizing the applicants and to make sure the relationship is "legit". Sometimes they can be more scrutinizing than the pre-interviewers at the US Embassy. Also more if the applicant is young like in the early 20's and much more if she's less than 21. They will be asking for a written parental consent before they will issue the certificate.

HELEN

agif003.gif

22 February 2010 - mailed the N-400 packet

02 March 2010 - Check encashed/I-797C NOA

03 March 2010 - USCIS Acceptance Confirmation via e-mail and text message

06 March 2010 - received I-797C, Notice of Action/Receipt

01 April 2010 - Biometrics Appointment (Biometrics done 4/7/10)

27 April 2010 - received I-797C/ Request to Appear for Naturalization Interview

02 June 2010 - Interview schedule

17 June 2010 - Oath Taking (Memorial Auditorium, Sacramento, CA)

Also more if the applicant is young like in the early 20's and much more if she's less than 21. They will be asking for a written parental consent before they will issue the certificate.

Well my wife is 25.. She actually 2 yrs older than me.. I hope they don't give us problems.. All we want is to have a happy family that stays together..

Thank you for the great advice...

IR-1 Visa for Wife

USEM Manila Interview = February 20, 2008 @ 8:30am = DONE! (Status: 2 Months wait is over APPROVED)

dont worry, your wife will do fine. :yes: when it comes to CR1 or IR1, the people from the SMEF-COW or PRISM doesnt give the petitioned spouses a hard time. the one on one interview will be fast and smooth. just remind your wife to photocopy some important documents bcoz sometimes they are asking a copy.

goodluck! :thumbs:

What is the difference?

Advice pls..

CR-1

02/08/2007 NOA1

06/22/2007 NOA2 (case approved)

10/12/2007 CASE COMPLETE

11/08/2007 CASE FORWARDED TO USEM

12/06/2007 INTERVIEW *** APPROVED!!!***

12/10/2007 VISA ON HAND

12/17/2007 CFO seminar

12/22/2007 MNL to SFO via PAL

USA

12/22/2007 ARRIVED SFO

12/27/2007 ISSUED SSN

01/10/2008 RECEIVED WELCOME NOTICE

01/12/2008 RECEIVED PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD

01/23/2008 SSA MAILED SSN

01/26/2008 RECEIVED SSN

I-751

09/21/2009 MAILED I-751

09/23/2009 RECEIVED BY USCIS

09/26/2009 NOA1

10/16/2009 EARLY BIOMETRICS

10/22/2009 APPOINTMENT BIOMETRICS

10/20/2009 APPROVED

dont worry, your wife will do fine. :yes: when it comes to CR1 or IR1, the people from the SMEF-COW or PRISM doesnt give the petitioned spouses a hard time. the one on one interview will be fast and smooth. just remind your wife to photocopy some important documents bcoz sometimes they are asking a copy.

goodluck! :thumbs:

Important Docs like what?

Passport? NSO BC, MC,?

Please verify..

IR-1 Visa for Wife

What is the difference?

Advice pls..

yes, there is parking area inside...

Nov 2 - NOA2

Nov 8 - NOA 2 hard copy

Feb 12th - Visa on Hand!

March 1- WEDDING DAY

May 5- AOS Filing

May 31 - Biometrics

May 04, 2010 - I-767C

What is the difference?

Advice pls..

:thumbs: THE ONLY HARD TIME YOU CAN EXPERIENCE IS WHEN YOUR DOCUMENTS ARE INCOMPLETE. BE SURE TO FILL-OUT THE FORMS CORRECTLY. PLEASE DON'T FORGET YOUR FIANCE/FIANCEES BASIC INFO LIKE B-DAY, MIDDLE NAMES, ADDRESS, COURSE TAKEN, OCCUPATION, CONTACT NUMBERS, ETC.

Nov 2 - NOA2

Nov 8 - NOA 2 hard copy

Feb 12th - Visa on Hand!

March 1- WEDDING DAY

May 5- AOS Filing

May 31 - Biometrics

May 04, 2010 - I-767C

I really can't wait to be interviewed and finally be reunited to my wifey!! So without my original passport and visa I took the chance to go to SMEF-COW in Quezon City and finally have my counseling session.

:star: 1. I arrived there at exactly 7:30 coming from Pasig- had to beat the traffic from Manggahan going Ligaya to get a jeepney bound for Cubao.

2. at the waiting area, names are called one by one to register. I presented my orig birth certificate, 2 IDS and copy of passport, paid 250.00, we signed registration form for counseling a few second pause in front of webcam for the digital shot, and we were sent to the viewing room on the 2nd floor at exactly 8:30for the orientation - explaining the rationale about the purpose of the counseling, the background of SMEF-COW/CFO, ETC.

4. By 9:30, we were sent to another for group counseling by country of destination but we were only entertained after 30 minutes of waiting for the volunteer counselor. ( Thanks God, the old lady is nice.) Here, domestic violence is reiterated, after which you are allowed to ask a question or clarification.

7. haaaaaaaay, after an hour, the one-on-one session was given. ( FYI: the lady counselor is so particular about middle name of fiancee/fiance, all you need to do is to fill-out correctly and completely the registration form they give you. After that yo will be asked some of the items you have filled-out.

8. Finally, i had my Guidance and Counseling Certificate of Attendance. I went down stairs to submit the counseling registration form filled out earlier with the certificate ( for the complete name to be printed on the form ).

9. need to photocopy the attendance certificate in duplicates. ( FYI: PHOTOCOPY MACHINE IN THE CENTER IS OUT-OF-ORDER, SO ONE NEEDS TO CROSS THE BOULEVARD TO GET TO THE NEAREST PHOTOCOPY SHOP, around 50 meters )

10. yay!!! we have to beat 12 pm break. We ran to the CFO to pay again??????????? 400 ( prepare the exact amount ) for another certificate to secure the CFO STICKER.

11. FINISHED!!! I will be back after my visa is issued for my sticker!!! please pray for my interview on the 7th of February! I WAS STARVING :blink: SO I BOARDED THE FIRST JEEPNEY THAT STOPPED OUTSIDE THE CENTER BOUND FOR CUBAO. I treated myself with vegemeat courtesy of BODHI and spinach... he he he he he

F Y I again:

( i told you their photocopy machine is not functioning - just need to be sure )

12/30/2005 Visited Philippines for a Friends wedding and met Marife

06/04/2006 Made another trip to see my beautiful Marife!

01/27/2007 Visited Marife.....Proposed and she said YES!!

04/28/2007 Sent I-129F to TSC.....and the VJ begins

05/08/2007 Received NOA1 From CSC

09/10/2007 K1 Petition Approved!!!!

09/11/2007 (NOA2) K1 Petition Approval Received via email!!!

09/14/2007 (NOA2) K1 Petition Approval Received via postal mail!!!

10/24/2007 NVC Received Petition!!

10/26/2007 NVC Sent Petition to USE in Manila

11/07/2007 Medical Exam and Interview Date listed at Embassy Website

11/28/2007 St Lukes Medical Exam

12/05/2007 Interview with Consolate Officer at USE in Manila(Approved!!!)

12/26/2007 Visa Delivered by Delbros

02/04/2008 Arrived in U.S.

02/14/2008 Married on Valentines Day!!

02/25/2009 Mailed AOS Application

03/04/2009 Case Transfered to CSC

03/27/2009 Biometrics

05/01/2009 Received Approval/Welcome letter

05/02/2009 RECEIVED GREEN CARD!!!! by mail.

F Y I again:

hello!!!

I dont have original Birth cert now..is xerox copy ok? do i need to bring Cenomar?what are some documnets that you bring?...

marife and kenny

12/30/2005 Visited Philippines for a Friends wedding and met Marife

06/04/2006 Made another trip to see my beautiful Marife!

01/27/2007 Visited Marife.....Proposed and she said YES!!

04/28/2007 Sent I-129F to TSC.....and the VJ begins

05/08/2007 Received NOA1 From CSC

09/10/2007 K1 Petition Approved!!!!

09/11/2007 (NOA2) K1 Petition Approval Received via email!!!

09/14/2007 (NOA2) K1 Petition Approval Received via postal mail!!!

10/24/2007 NVC Received Petition!!

10/26/2007 NVC Sent Petition to USE in Manila

11/07/2007 Medical Exam and Interview Date listed at Embassy Website

11/28/2007 St Lukes Medical Exam

12/05/2007 Interview with Consolate Officer at USE in Manila(Approved!!!)

12/26/2007 Visa Delivered by Delbros

02/04/2008 Arrived in U.S.

02/14/2008 Married on Valentines Day!!

02/25/2009 Mailed AOS Application

03/04/2009 Case Transfered to CSC

03/27/2009 Biometrics

05/01/2009 Received Approval/Welcome letter

05/02/2009 RECEIVED GREEN CARD!!!! by mail.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.