themaskfamily

Address change after embassy interview, before POE

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I have a small, but to me pretty complicated question regarding change of address. My fiance is moving as of today. I have recevied my K1 from the embassy but won't enter the US until February. Once I get there we are planning on getting married semi-soon and apply for AOS. What kind of address change do I have to do now? I figured t's smarter to do it now rather than after the AOS application is sent in. Techincally I don't have a case pending anywhere (I think) since my K1 was approved. However the visa does come with the requirement to get married withing 90 days...does that mean I have a pendning case, and in that case, with which department, the USCIS? If I don't have a pending case I shouldn't have to fill out an AR-11, but I read somewhere I still have to let the USCIS know about why whereabouts, as long as I'm a foregin citizen and in the US...but technically I'm not in the US yet. You see my problem? :wacko:

Thankful for any help!!!

L

Sep 04: Started dating, both in the US

July 06-August 06: Both visiting Sweden

Jan 07-Feb 07: B visiting me in Sweden

March 07: He proposes over the phone...oh how romantic...the way I always dreamt about ;)

March 07: K1 journey begins...

April 17 2007: I-129 signed and received at CSC

May 3: NOA1

Aug 5: B visits me in Sweden

Aug 16: NOA2

Dec 17: Interview at Stockholm Embassy

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Nothing needs to be done until you arrive in the USA. When you enter the USA put the address that you will be residing at on the I-94 card that you will fill out and give to the officer at the POE.

Any time you move after entry to the USA you will need to file an AR-11, and anytime a sponsor who has filed an I-864 to support an immigrant moves they will file an I-865 to show their moving.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Thank you!

Just to be clear on this. I assume you are saying that I need to do the AR-11 IF I move once I have applied for the AOS, and before the AOS interview? It doesn't matter that the I-129 was filed on one address and the AOS will be filed with another one as long as I fill out the new and current address on my I-94? POE won't give me any ####### about that?

Nothing needs to be done until you arrive in the USA. When you enter the USA put the address that you will be residing at on the I-94 card that you will fill out and give to the officer at the POE.

Any time you move after entry to the USA you will need to file an AR-11, and anytime a sponsor who has filed an I-864 to support an immigrant moves they will file an I-865 to show their moving.

Sep 04: Started dating, both in the US

July 06-August 06: Both visiting Sweden

Jan 07-Feb 07: B visiting me in Sweden

March 07: He proposes over the phone...oh how romantic...the way I always dreamt about ;)

March 07: K1 journey begins...

April 17 2007: I-129 signed and received at CSC

May 3: NOA1

Aug 5: B visits me in Sweden

Aug 16: NOA2

Dec 17: Interview at Stockholm Embassy

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Thank you!

Just to be clear on this. I assume you are saying that I need to do the AR-11 IF I move once I have applied for the AOS, and before the AOS interview? It doesn't matter that the I-129 was filed on one address and the AOS will be filed with another one as long as I fill out the new and current address on my I-94? POE won't give me any ####### about that?

File AR-11 anytime your address changes even before filing for AOS, So if your address changes from what you wrote on the I-94 card at entry, and before filing AOS, you should file AR-11, this can be done electronically on line.

After filing AOS you and your US citizen Sponsor must file change of address any time you move.

One big Note: Many run into problems with moving while USCIS is processing petitions, important things like interview appointment letters get lost in the mail this way. It is recommended to not move while USCIS is processing, or if you know you may move, use a C.O. address like a parent for USCIS mailings.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.