rhymeswithcandi

Problems with AP

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I've been waiting for some word on my AOS for months. I sent my application in July and still nothing (but a NOA)... I haven't gotten a request for biometrics, interview... nothing. When I call they keep telling me to wait. It's really worrying me as I notice a lot of people on here who applied well after me are already well ahead of me in the process.

To make matters even more "fun", I applied for AP in September (in order to go home for Christmas) and haven't been approved yet. I live pretty close to the boarder and since I can't work there are so many times I would have loved to drive up and visit for a few days. It's so frustrating not being able to work but on top of that I can't travel. It's hard to explain to friends and family that I can't actually cross the boarder.

Have any other Canadians had this problem?

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
I've been waiting for some word on my AOS for months. I sent my application in July and still nothing (but a NOA)... I haven't gotten a request for biometrics, interview... nothing. When I call they keep telling me to wait. It's really worrying me as I notice a lot of people on here who applied well after me are already well ahead of me in the process.

To make matters even more "fun", I applied for AP in September (in order to go home for Christmas) and haven't been approved yet. I live pretty close to the boarder and since I can't work there are so many times I would have loved to drive up and visit for a few days. It's so frustrating not being able to work but on top of that I can't travel. It's hard to explain to friends and family that I can't actually cross the boarder.

There is no rhyme nor reason to how USCIS process applications. My husband filed for AOS/EAD/AP all at the same time, but each one was processed and approved at different times. EAD was reasonably timed and first on the list, but not in time to take the job he wanted. AP came later. All the while there were others who filed AFTER we did that got their GC BEFORE us. Yes, it's very frustrating. It took 10 months for his AOS to be approved and have his GC in hand. It's hard for anyone to understand that you just can't cross the border. So many people don't think there is a real border between the US and Canada. I am so sorry that AP hasn't come through yet. Try finding somewhere to volunteer. Joel did that for a bit til he was work authorised and found a job. HUGS (F)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Timeline

There is no rhyme nor reason to how USCIS process applications. My husband filed for AOS/EAD/AP all at the same time, but each one was processed and approved at different times. EAD was reasonably timed and first on the list, but not in time to take the job he wanted. AP came later. All the while there were others who filed AFTER we did that got their GC BEFORE us. Yes, it's very frustrating. It took 10 months for his AOS to be approved and have his GC in hand. It's hard for anyone to understand that you just can't cross the border. So many people don't think there is a real border between the US and Canada. I am so sorry that AP hasn't come through yet. Try finding somewhere to volunteer. Joel did that for a bit til he was work authorised and found a job. HUGS (F)

I was looking into volunteer the other day... it's a great idea. We got a dog (she keeps me company) and I've never lived in such a clean house in my life - I never thought I'd be a real housewife. My husband jokes that he doesn't want me to go back to work.

Thank you :)

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I was looking into volunteer the other day... it's a great idea. We got a dog (she keeps me company) and I've never lived in such a clean house in my life - I never thought I'd be a real housewife. My husband jokes that he doesn't want me to go back to work.

Thank you :)

YVW...hang out here too! It's friendly here and Carla brings us coffee every morning. :) My husband joked about being a "househusband"...I have to admit, it was sure nice to come home from a long day at school (I teach) and have a nice supper, laundry done, and his smiling face to greet me. :wub:

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi there,

I don't know if this will be helpful or not - but my Sister lives in Nebraska and her Husband filed his AOS on July 17th. He had biometrics a week later - then nothing, not a peep until a couple of weeks ago when he got his appointment letter for February - then last week when his EAD was approved and ordered.

So it is finally moving along and I hope you get some action soon!

As Karen mentioned, Carla's coffee is very good!

Timeline
Hi there,

I don't know if this will be helpful or not - but my Sister lives in Nebraska and her Husband filed his AOS on July 17th. He had biometrics a week later - then nothing, not a peep until a couple of weeks ago when he got his appointment letter for February - then last week when his EAD was approved and ordered.

So it is finally moving along and I hope you get some action soon!

As Karen mentioned, Carla's coffee is very good!

The series of events in you're sister's husband's case seems so random... it further shows me that there is no rhyme or reason to the way USCIS does things.

You've all got me curious about this coffee... I'll have to stick around for that.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
The series of events in you're sister's husband's case seems so random... it further shows me that there is no rhyme or reason to the way USCIS does things.

You've all got me curious about this coffee... I'll have to stick around for that.

Yes I agree, it does appear random!

If you are bored some morning, check out the off topic forum:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=1496391

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.