JG0407

What happens in Brazil after we recieve interview date?

40 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

hey, guys, please remind me: is my husband going to get his passport stamped after interview, or he will get his passport with the visa stamped in the mail?

if the consulate mails the passport, how long do they usually take?

very thankful for your response!!!!!!!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

mbdesousa,

He will get his passport with the visa stamped in the mail.

The time of wait depends on the city in that your husband lives.

Good luck!

hey, guys, please remind me: is my husband going to get his passport stamped after interview, or he will get his passport with the visa stamped in the mail?

if the consulate mails the passport, how long do they usually take?

very thankful for your response!!!!!!!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

09minifadinhasmagia.gif

BRAZIL.gif666.gif0eb97d93.gif

Timeline

mbdesousa,

He will get his passport with the visa stamped in the mail.

The time of wait depends on the city in that your husband lives.

Good luck!

Oh thanks. This is the last missing piece of the puzzle. I thought that I read that Rio de Janeiro Consulate doesn't stamp the passport on the spot. Good to know. My hubby lives in RdJ, btw.

Good luck to you , too!!! and tons of happiness!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi guys, I was curious to know if anyone actually received packet 3 from the RDJ consulate? They said that they are going to send it to us, but we did not get it yet...so we are calling in again tomorrow :wacko:

also, do you know if we need a new affidavit of support, or just three years of tax returns, employer letter and paystubs are enough?????

I hope all is going well with everyone!

xoxo

BdS

Edited by mbdesousa

Timeline

Yes we never got package 3. I called the consulate and they said just to bring the forms in at the time of interview. Also I was told they now use a courier service to deliver the passports after the Visa has been approved. I believe you will have to pay for this as well. I was also told that if you stay in Rio it should be delivered to you within a couple days.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

No, I did not receive the packet from the Consulate. I found the forms at Embassy's link (http://www.embaixada-americana.org.br/index.php?action=materia&id=2417&submenu=rio.php&itemmenu=86)

Yes you need to complete the Affidavit of Support form also known as the I-134 (see the above link).

It's necessary to notorize the form by a notary public.

Good luck.

P.S.: My interview well and my visa was approved.

09minifadinhasmagia.gif

BRAZIL.gif666.gif0eb97d93.gif

Timeline

Para bens!!! To all you brasileiros. My wife and I are hoping that we, too, will be scheduling our interview and heading to Rio very soon. Keeping our positive thinking caps on and our fingers crossed..

View our personal blog

Our timeline:

2007-06-25 Married in Brazil

I-130

2007-07-16 Filed I-130 with Nebraska

2007-07-27 NOA1 received

2007-07-28 Touched; no idea why..

2008-01-29 thru 02-01,03 Touched

2008-02-05 Called RFE line, was told my app is on HOLD because I CALLED TOO MUCH!!!!

2008-02-13 my app was assigned to an adjudicator

2008-02-19,20,25,26 Touched

2008-03-04 Congressman called; USCIS called him and told him my cases were being processed any day now... SERÁ??

2008-03-04,05,10,11,12,13,14,17,18 Touched

2008-03-28 Received RFE, dated the 18th (delayed 10 days to receive)

2008-04-08 Sent requested evidence

2008-04-11,13,14 Touched

2008-04-21 RECEIVED NOA2 APPROVAL!!! (Date shows 4-14)

I-129

2007-09-19 Filed I-129F/K3; sent directly to CSC

2007-09-21 NOA1 received

2007-09-25 Touched: Filing fee waived

2008-01-30 thru 02-01,03,04,05,10,11,13,14 Touched

2008-04-14 Touched

2008-04-21 RECEIVED NOA2 APPROVAL!!! (Date shows 4-14)

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

First of all, happy Valentine's Day to all VJ's and good luck on the upcoming interviews. Hope you are well prepared!

Secondly, I wanted to share our story, because it's important to know how crucial is to stay on the top of the document placement!

Our case arrived to the Consulate in RDJ on January 11th, we tracked DHL shipments via tips posted here on VJ. We found out our interview date because I emailed the Consulate after few days. No letters or packages arrived to any party after a week of this phone conversation, so I called again.

I was said that the Consulate did not have my husband's zip code and that they could not mail the package 3 to him, but that they will send it now, because I gave the correct zip to them.

After one week, I called again because we still did not get the package or interview confirmation letter, and I was said that he doesn't need the letter, but to look at the Consulate's website for required documents.

I asked how is he supposed to enter the building on the interview date, and I was said that he should only have his case number. hmmm...

My husband said that doctors told him to present the letter from the Consulate before the exam, so was the response from the state police. hmmmm

Then, yesterday, package 3 arrives to my husband's address, with the letter that confirms the interview date. So, I guess we are fine, but why oh why is this process so tedious until the very end? Package 3 arrived only a week before his interview. If we did not start with compiling information and documents, we would have a big problem.

Other VJs had completely different experience with RDJ Consulate. No letter or package arrived, doctors or police did not ask for the letter of confirmation, they still were able to finish the process...so confusing!

But ok. I still feel that the worst is behind us, that horrible months of waiting. I lost my anger along the way, I can't even complain anymore. I just want this done, done, finished!

We have almost all documents that we need to present for the Visa interview and I hope that all will go well from here. I heard that the interview in RDJ is pretty smooth and pleasant experience all together, so from here to God's ears. :mellow:

Edited by mbdesousa

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
My wife and I have received our case number and interview date for February 19th. I received this information from a email from the consulate in Rio. The email also states that the consulate has mailed my wife a confirmation letter. Can someone tell me what happens next.?

oi,

So you got an e-mail reply by the State Department or consulate in Rio? I don't remember giving an e-mail address to the State Dept but maybe I have to check back in my records.

Good luck to you!

12-14-07 Sent K-1 petition

12-17-07 Received NOA1

01-06-08 Got engaged!!!

02-21-08 NOA2 Approved

02-27-08 NVC processed petition

02-28-08 Received NOA2 in mail

03-03-08 Consulate in Rio de Janeiro received petition

03-21-08 Received packet for interview

04-22-08 Visa Interview and Visa APPROVED!

05-06-08 Visa received in mail

07-28-08 Wedding Date (Reception was 26th, but forgot to reigster for MC...oops)

10-04-08 Applied for AOS (EAD and AP also)

10-09-08 NOA1 for I-485

10-27-08 I-485 transferred to CSC

11-04-08 I-485 Biometrics appointment

11-13-08 NOA1 for EAD

12-09-08 EAD Biometrics appointment

01-08-09 AP Approved

01-13-09 AP Received

Cost of 3 roundtrip tickets to Brazil in last 3 years...... $2,900+

Cost of filing petitions for K-1 visa & AOS.................... $1,465+

Cost of monthly calling cards to Brazil........................$20

Cost of marrying the woman of my dreams.... PRICELESS

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.