JG0407

What happens in Brazil after we recieve interview date?

40 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

My wife and I have received our case number and interview date for February 19th. I received this information from a email from the consulate in Rio. The email also states that the consulate has mailed my wife a confirmation letter. Can someone tell me what happens next.?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Oi...

eu sei os próximos passos, mas só sei explicar em português, meu inglês é muito mal ainda... sua esposa tem acesso a esta página?

09minifadinhasmagia.gif

BRAZIL.gif666.gif0eb97d93.gif

Timeline

Sim, mas meu espousa nao muito tempo en computor. (Excuse my Portuguese) :unsure: Se voce explicar, eu tentar do mostrar me espousa. M :thumbs: uito obrigado. If someone can tell me in English, I appreciate that as well.

Timeline

Eu tentarei explicar aqui em português e abaixo, coloco a tradução feita por um programa de computador que eu tenho, ok?

Sua esposa deve imdiatamente começar a preencher os formulários para a entrevista dela, pois nem sempre o pacote contendo estes formulários chegam na casa do Beneficiário no Brasil.

Os documentos que ela deve preparar são esses:

- duas fotos estilo passaporte (ela deve escrever o nome completo dela atrás da foto COM LÁPIS)

- cópia do passaporte dela

- pagar a taxa de 131 dólares numa agência bancária do citibank (ela deve levar o passaporte original pra fazer isso e ao chegar, deve dizer que quer pagar a taxa para o visto)

- form DS230 (somente a parte I).

- dois forms DS-156

- form DS-157

- certidão de nascimento (original) dela e cópia. Se ela perdeu a original deve providenciar segunda via.

- certidão de casamento (original) e cópia

- "certidão" de divórcio (original) e cópia (se aplicável)

- certidão de óbito do marido (se aplicável)-----> esse não será preciso! ;)

- antecedentes criminais (original) e cópia (Secretaria de Segurança Pública)

- antecedentes criminais (original) e cópia (Polícia Federal)

- Antecedentes criminais de outros estados ou países (se aplicável)

- Exame médico (lacrado- não pode abrir em hipótese alguma!)

- Form I-134 (junto desse form I-134, ela deve colocar:)

* ultimo imposto de renda do marido

* cópia do passaporte do marido ou certidão de nascimento pra comprovar que é cidadão americano

Os forms estão disponíveis nesse site: http://www.embaixadaamericana.org.br/index...amp;itemmenu=86

por favor, diga a ela que deverá realizar a consulta médica com um dos médicos credenciados pelo consulado, nesta lista:

http://www.embaixadaamericana.org.br/pdfs/...Med_rev2007.pdf

as solicitações que ela deverá levar para a Polícia federal e Secretaria de Segurança Pública estão aqui:

http://www.embaixadaamericana.org.br/pdfs/felix.pdf (secretaria de segurança pública)

http://www.embaixadaamericana.org.br/pdfs/fedpol.pdf (polícia federal)

http://www.embaixadaamericana.org.br/fiance/CertVidPriv.pdf (residentes e ex-residentes do estado do Rio de janeiro)

as listas de onde ficam localizadas os postos da polícia federal e secretaria de segurança pública estão aqui:

http://www.embaixadaamericana.org.br/pdfs/polfed.pdf (policia federal)

http://www.embaixadaamericana.org.br/fianc...SegPub_0728.pdf (secretaria de segurança pública)

diga a ela pra levar os documentos na ordem em que eu escrevi, isso vai facilitar bastante no dia da entrevista, sendo que o original vem na frente e as cópias em seguida.

(muito importante): Ela deve levar na entrevista, além destes documentos, os formulários 1040 dos tres ultimos anos e os W2 dos três ultimos anos (do marido), carta do empregador do marido dizendo a quanto tempo ele trabalha na empresa e quanto recebe por ano, ultimo contra-cheque do marido e uma carta do banco do marido dizendo quanto ele tem na conta corrente nos EUA. Quanto mais documentos ela levar provando que o marido pode sustentar a ela nos EUA e não vai ser "problema para os EUA", melhor!

Boa sorte!!! Se tiver qualquer dúvida, estou pronta a ajudar!

Congratulations pela entrevista!

Abraços!

09minifadinhasmagia.gif

Timeline

translation - computer program:

excuse, my English is bad! :(

Will I try to explain here in Portuguese and do I lower, do I place the translation done by a computer program that I have, ok?

Its wife immediately should begin to fill the forms for her interview, because not always the package contends these forms they arrive at the Beneficiary's house in Brazil.

The documents that she should prepare are those:

- two photos style passport (she should write her complete name behind the photo WITH PENCIL)

- copy of her passport

- to pay the rate of 131 dollars in a bank agency of the citibank (she should take the original passport for doing that and when arriving, he/she should say that wants to pay the rate for the visa)

- form DS230 (only the part I).

- two forms DS-156

- form DS-157

- birth certificate (original) of her and copy. If she lost the original it owes providenciar second road.

- marriage certificate (original) and copy

- divorce certificate " (original) and copy (if applicable)

- certificate of óbito of the husband (if applicable)-----> that won't be necessary! ;)

- criminal antecedents (original) and copy (Clerkship of Public Safety)

- criminal antecedents (original) and copy (Federal Police)

- Criminal antecedents of another states or countries (if applicable)

- Medical exam (sealed - she cannot open any in hypothesis!)

- Form I-134 (together of that form I-134, she should place:)

* last tax of income of the husband

* copy of the passport of the husband or birth certificate for checking that is American citizen

The forms is available in that site: http://www.embaixadaamericana.org.br/index...amp;itemmenu=86

please, say to her that should accomplish the medical consultation with one of the medical credenciados for the consulate, in this list:

http://www.embaixadaamericana.org.br/pdfs/...Med_rev2007.pdf

the solicitations that she should take for the federal Police and Clerkship of Public Safety are here:

http://www.embaixadaamericana.org.br/pdfs/felix.pdf (clerkship of public safety)

http://www.embaixadaamericana.org.br/pdfs/fedpol.pdf (federal police)

http://www.embaixadaamericana.org.br/fiance/CertVidPriv.pdf (residents and former-residents of the state of Rio of January)

the lists from where they are located the positions of the federal police and clerkship of public safety they are here:

http://www.embaixadaamericana.org.br/pdfs/polfed.pdf (it polices federal)

http://www.embaixadaamericana.org.br/fianc...SegPub_0728.pdf (clerkship of public safety)

say to her for taking the documents in the order in that I wrote, that will facilitate enough in the day of the interview, and the original comes in front and the copies soon after.

(very important): She should take in the interview, besides these documents, the the three year-old forms 1040 and W2 in the last three years (of the husband), letter of the empregador of the husband saying the how long he works in the company and all receives a year, last against-check of the husband and a letter of the bank of the husband saying as he has in the checking account in the USA. The more documents she to take proving that the husband can sustain her in the USA and it won't be " problem to the USA ", better!

Good luck!!! If you have any doubt, I am ready to help!

Congratulations for the interview!

Hugs!

09minifadinhasmagia.gif

Timeline

voce sabe se a entrevista pode ser feita em São Paulo, ou se só é feita no Rio?

dd/mmm/aaaa

05/jun/2007 - Got married

I-130

08/aug/2007 - I-130 Packet sent to NSC

09/aug/2007 - I-130 Packet received

19/sep/2007 - NOA1 receipt date

25/sep/2007 - NOA1 arrived

23/apr/2008 - APPROVED

Timeline estimated adjudication on March 4, 2008. It was adjudicated on April 23.

Our I-130 was approved in 258 days.

I-129F

09/oct/2007 - I-129F Packet sent to CSC

10/oct/2007 - I-129F Packet received

12/oct/2007 - NOA1 receipt date

20/oct/2007 - NOA1 received

23/apr/2008 - APPROVED

Timeline estimated adjudication on April 4, 2008. It was adjudicated on April 23.

Our I-129f was approved in 197 days.

NVC

08/may/2008 - replied to my e-mail sent on april 30, saying that our petition has been sent to the consulate.

Consulate

20/JUN/2008 - Interview - APPROVED!!!

AOS

18/mar/2009 - Packet delivered

24/mar/2009 - NOA for AOS and EAD date

25/mar/2009 - Check cashed

15/apr/2009 - Biometrics done

22/may/2009 - EAD approved

Timeline

Elbereth, todas as entrevistas para fins de imigração só são realizadas no Rio de Janeiro!

JG0407, é um prazer ajudar! Boa sorte!

09minifadinhasmagia.gif

Timeline
Boa sorte pra voces. Por favor, tell us about the interview after you go to the consulate. Muito obrigado.

JG04707,

congratulations! please, DO TELL, did you receive packet 3 or you called the embassy??????????

oh this is sooooo excting!

Timeline
Boa sorte pra voces. Por favor, tell us about the interview after you go to the consulate. Muito obrigado.

JG04707,

congratulations! please, DO TELL, did you receive packet 3 or you called the embassy??????????

oh this is sooooo excting!

oh never mind. i just read your original post.duh. kkkkkkk good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline

Hi Mbdesousa,

You should be right behind us. :thumbs: I called NVC, they gave me the case number. In about a week I wrote the consulate in Rio. The consulate wrote me back in about 2 days and said they had just mailed a confirmation letter to my wife. And the web link to the consulate, and department state for the forms. The consulate never sent us a packet 3 to schedule the interview, they gave us one first. (Very good) :yes:

Timeline
Hi Mbdesousa,

You should be right behind us. :thumbs: I called NVC, they gave me the case number. In about a week I wrote the consulate in Rio. The consulate wrote me back in about 2 days and said they had just mailed a confirmation letter to my wife. And the web link to the consulate, and department state for the forms. The consulate never sent us a packet 3 to schedule the interview, they gave us one first. (Very good) :yes:

this is very helpful, jg0407. i heard that they are not really reliable with the mailing of the packet. then i will call them on monday!

yippeee

Hi Mbdesousa,

JG0407:

Can you tell me the e-mail address so that I too can inquire to the consulate regarding an interview? Also, can you give me an idea of what to state regarding the inquiry?

Some of us are getting close and really excited. Any help would be TREMENDOUS!!! Thank you!!! :)

Our Story so far...

K-1

7/26/07- I-129F sent to CSC

8/02/07- NOA 1

12/13/07- NOA 2

2/12/08- Interview in Rio- APPROVED!

2/15/08- Visa Received

2/18/08- US Entry

2/20/08- Wedding Day

AOS

3/04/08- AOS, EAD and AP mailed

4/07/08- RFE

4/11/08- AOS, EAD and AP re-mailed

4/18/08- NOA's received

5/06/08- Biometrics Appt

6/14/08- AP approved

6/17/08- EAD approved

11/07/08- Greencard Approved!

11/22/08- Greencard Received

Gabriel was born on January 12, 2010!

Timeline

I called the NVC for my case number , which will start with the consulate your love one will interview with. In our case it is Rio de Janeiro, so it was RDJ2007****. The NVC phone# 603-334-0700. Once I had this number I emailed the Consulate at immigrationrio@state.gov . The Consulate did respond in 2 days and give us our interview date. :dance:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.