sroberts3000

Calling Montreal

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Has anyonge called Montreal before? I am wondering if I should.

I sent in an address correction to them in late September and just realized in December I accidently put (SE) on the address instead of (NE). I sent in an email and got back that very long "automated" response many of you have received. It basically said, "this is an automated response, we will get back to you within 5 days". After 8 business days and not hearing from them, I wrote again, this time I got nothing back. I decided to conclude they got the email and it was all OK, stop bugging them. But now it is eating at me, wondering and worrying they may have tried to send me something and it went to the wrong address.

At this point we are waiting for an interview date, everything else is done. Should I call them to be sure they have our correct address? Advice anyone? And if I do call, has anyone had any luck talking with anyone there? What is the number?

Thanks.

SR

SR

Timeline: For IR-1 - DCF

Aug. 28/07 I-130 delivered and approved at Calgary Consulate

Sept. 7/07 I-130 Forwarded to Montreal from Calgary

Oct. 10/07 Packet 3 Received in the mail (reglular snail mail)

Oct. 11/07 DS-230 Returned to Montreal (regular snail mail)

Oct. 15/07 Checklist Returned to Montreal (regular snail mail)

Feb. 11/08 Received email with interview date set for March 12/08

Feb. 20/08 Medical in Vancouver

Feb. 21/08 Received interview letter in mail with correct address on it - finally

Mar. 12/08 Interview in Montreal, Visa approved

Mar. 17/08 Visa arrives in mail

Mar. 29/08 Crossed the border at Sweetgrass, Montana: Set up residence at Williston, ND

April. 18/08 Green Card arrived in the mail

April 21/08 Social Security arrives in the mail

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Their number is 514-398-9695 Press 4 (between 2:00 & 4:30 eastern time).

The last I heard they weren't accepting phone calls anymore. I have emailed them twice this week and have received a response to both emails, the first one they replied to within 1/2 an hour, the other one, the next day.

You are putting your file number in the subject line? Basically all I did was that, plus beneficiaries name - then my note, then my name with (petitioner) beside it.

At the bottom I put my Husbands name with (beneficiary) beside it, his date of birth and the file number again.

Hello Dear Sroberts,

As far as emailing and calling...from my experience, they responded to emails rather quickly, after getting that long auto-response.

Maybe it was the questions asked or maybe it was my ridiculous mannerisms.

Hahaha!

I have been to that consulate 3 times.

The interview, then to pick up the Visa (because I was moving and I emailed and begged them)...it wasn't ready and I went back again.

Success!

On my second visit I asked if I should call before making a wasted trip and that kind woman looked at me and said, "Oh the phones NEVER get answered." and laughed. Made me laugh too.

So if your question is urgent and time sensitive, they will respond.

Good luck, really.

:star:

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.