sandy2000

Will the Attorney help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 posts in this topic

Hello,

My attorney send my I751 to nebraska center back in MAy 2007, It was received in june

06/22/07 NOA and my fingerprints were on 07/13/07.

the thing is , a lot of people applied before me and they are still waiting. However, I had an attorney for that.

Should i call him and let him know that he needs to do something like write a letter for the senator or make an infopass,

and if i do so will he do it? He is a great attorney but we all know how attorneys are, or do you think he will time to wait because according to USCIS nebrask ais processibg the files for 02/09/07

What do you guys think? please help me, i don,t care about the citizenship, i care to receive this permanent green card as soon as possible because i would like to join the military and the recuireter said he needs a green card , i can,t join with the extention letter, i have to have a green card.

I am so saddddddddd.

I will see whatt you ll guys tell me about my attorney.

thank you in advance

god bless

:crying:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

A lawyer cannot get USCIS to speed up the process. USCIS can take a year or more to adjudicate this, they sent you a letter extending green-card for a year, and if you have to you can always do an info pass to get an I-551 stamp in passport.

Note: I-751 does not need to be approved before you can file N-400 for naturalization, filing the N-400 sometimes gets them to look at the pending I-751. You can file the N-400 starting 90 days before your third anniversary of getting the conditional green-card.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

06/22/07 NOA (...)

the thing is , a lot of people applied before me and they are still waiting. However, I had an attorney for that.

Should i call him and let him know that he needs to do something like write a letter for the senator or make an infopass,

and if i do so will he do it? He is a great attorney but we all know how attorneys are, or do you think he will time to wait because according to USCIS nebrask ais processibg the files for 02/09/07

What do you guys think? please help me, i don,t care about the citizenship, i care to receive this permanent green card as soon as possible because i would like to join the military and the recuireter said he needs a green card , i can,t join with the extention letter, i have to have a green card.

No, your attorney cannot speed up the processing. Attorneys are, however, good if you are treated badly by the USCIS, e.g. are denied, because you didn't answer a request (RFE) that you have never received, compare this thread

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=99314

Then you have better chances to fight those decisions than if you are without legal help.

To your problem: Ask the recruiter if they can accept a I-551 stamp in the passport and, if not, where you can read the regulation that they cannot. I assume that for the military with its secrets it has to keep a NOA seems too easy a target for falsifying and that they don't have procedures how to check your status at the USCIS. If they accept a stamp or you have convinced them to accept one, let them write letter on official paper that they do not accept the NOA. With this letter, make an infopass appointment, bring the usual documents (expired Green Card, NOA, biometrics letter, your passport) and ask for a stamp.

Good Luck,

Peter

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
To your problem: Ask the recruiter if they can accept a I-551 stamp in the passport and, if not, where you can read the regulation that they cannot. I assume that for the military with its secrets it has to keep a NOA seems too easy a target for falsifying and that they don't have procedures how to check your status at the USCIS. If they accept a stamp or you have convinced them to accept one, let them write letter on official paper that they do not accept the NOA. With this letter, make an infopass appointment, bring the usual documents (expired Green Card, NOA, biometrics letter, your passport) and ask for a stamp.

I think the problem with the military is more that you can't just join and quit as you please. You enlist for a certain amount of time - and that time is usually longer than what is covered by the 1 year extension letter. This is why they ask for more than the conditional greencard and the 1 year status extension - you need an unconditional greencard.

I think the problem with the military is more that you can't just join and quit as you please. You enlist for a certain amount of time - and that time is usually longer than what is covered by the 1 year extension letter. This is why they ask for more than the conditional greencard and the 1 year status extension - you need an unconditional greencard.

If this is true (and it sounds possible), then there seems to be no way for the original poster to get into the military now: Just suck it up, work or learn something else, and go back to the recruitment office after the 10-year Green Card has arrived.

The thing is it looks like nebraska is not processing the I751 anymore , mine was on NOA on 06/22

everything after that was sent to California, but not mine it is still in nebraska, I will wait but what if they never process it, the recuireter he said he needs a green card not an extention letter.

Please help me i am so sad and i have an attourney though :help: .

Hey guys

I talked to my atty and he said that the nebraska center is aware of that and he said i should receive it within June.

Hopefully i will, he said he don,t have to call them now unless i don,t get it y june

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.