MiSantito

I-129 Mailed....what next????

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Just a bit of background knowledge....my fiance is from Mexico where he entered without inspection in 2004. He had a catch and release the day before he was successful. Therefore, we know that he will need a I-601 waiver.

We mailed the I-129f this past week to the Vermont Service Center. The usps.com website shows that it has been delivered. I was wondering if anyone has had this experience and could enlighten me on what to expect. I have read a lot of the posts/experiences, but there were not many who needed the waiver.

If we filed in January 2008, when could be expect to be in CDJ? I teach school so I was hoping to be able to go during the summer (June or July) for the interview with my fiance. Otherwise I will have to take a leave of absence without pay.

One more thing - the packets they send will go to what address? I put his address here because we currently live together as a couple. Then of course I put the address abroad where he lived with his parents. I need them sent here, but not sure where they will go.

Any help will be appreciated!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Not sure if I understood your post correctly.

So just to clarify. From your post I assume that your fiance is in the US illegally. As far as I know (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong), the beneficiary has to reside outside of the US. I would suggest to contact an experienced immigration lawyer in your case.

Good luck for your journey!!

In every difficulty lies an island of opportunity.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Not sure if I understood your post correctly.

So just to clarify. From your post I assume that your fiance is in the US illegally. As far as I know (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong), the beneficiary has to reside outside of the US. I would suggest to contact an experienced immigration lawyer in your case.

Good luck for your journey!!

No, they can be here but of course we have to file the I-601 waiver because of illegal presence. I received some replies on immigrate2us.net that clarified my question on the addresses.

Just a bit of background knowledge....my fiance is from Mexico where he entered without inspection in 2004. He had a catch and release the day before he was successful. Therefore, we know that he will need a I-601 waiver.

We mailed the I-129f this past week to the Vermont Service Center. The usps.com website shows that it has been delivered. I was wondering if anyone has had this experience and could enlighten me on what to expect. I have read a lot of the posts/experiences, but there were not many who needed the waiver.

If we filed in January 2008, when could be expect to be in CDJ? I teach school so I was hoping to be able to go during the summer (June or July) for the interview with my fiance. Otherwise I will have to take a leave of absence without pay.

One more thing - the packets they send will go to what address? I put his address here because we currently live together as a couple. Then of course I put the address abroad where he lived with his parents. I need them sent here, but not sure where they will go.

Any help will be appreciated!!!

You might find more VJ (waiver) experiences HERE :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.