ilovemaya

????hardship letter handwrite?????

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline

i asked in diferent forum already, but the more feadbacks the better....so my question is...does the hardship letter has to be handwrite? N also i know there were some listings about what r good reasonts to put in hardship letter, but still.........is the fact that my fance has two 4 and 5 years old kids n him neither the kids know my language good reason? Can i put in there as well that i am ballroom dancer n those r ask for in us, or is it just " what my fiance would suffer if he moves to czech with kids?" type of a deal?

thanks (L)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

I sent you a PM, but I'll say again here no, don't handwrite it, it can be typed - I'm sure the consulate officers prefer typed letters. The letter must concentrate only on hardship to your fiance, the US citizen. It should not mention why it would be difficult for you to not be able to come to US. Your fiance has children - does he have custody of the children or they are with their mother? If they are with their mother, would she object if he takes the children to the Czech Republic? If that's so, a letter from her should be included with the waiver application. Yes, your fiance not being able to speak the language can be included as a hardship. Not knowing how to speak the language would make it hard for your fiance to find a job. Whether he brings his children or not he has to support them, and your baby, so that is a financial hardship if he can't work there. Does your fiance have any medical conditions (even if minor)? Family ties in the United States? Is there anyone, parents or other relatives, who rely on him for help in the US?

Shannon 명철

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Do not hand-write the HSL, it needs to be professional looking and easy to read. The only letters that could be hand-written would be letters from children if included in the packet elsewhere, but even for those it is smart to attach a type-written copy to make sure it is easily legible. . .still leaving in all errors.

Hardships, like shannon said, are only about the USC fiancee. You need to include hardships for both if he were to stay separated, AND if he were to move.

I hope the other forum you are talking about is immigrate2us.net that is where you will find the most detailed HSL information.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

I think she meant she asked that question on the K1 forum.. but I agree she should look at immigrate2us.com. Visajourney is great for K visas. Immigrate2us has much more about waivers.

Shannon 명철

i asked in diferent forum already, but the more feadbacks the better....so my question is...does the hardship letter has to be handwrite? N also i know there were some listings about what r good reasonts to put in hardship letter, but still.........is the fact that my fance has two 4 and 5 years old kids n him neither the kids know my language good reason? Can i put in there as well that i am ballroom dancer n those r ask for in us, or is it just " what my fiance would suffer if he moves to czech with kids?" type of a deal?

thanks (L)

Oh, Lord, please have your fiance type the letter (as others have mentioned). He also needs to support every argument he makes with evidence. For example, if he argues that he cannot take his children with him, he'll need a letter from his ex to support that. If he argues that he earns a certain amount of money in the U.S., support that with evidence and then document how he couldn't earn the same in your country. A well written and well prepared hardship letter and documents usually takes months to put together. Unfortunately, the U.S. governement doesn't care about any hardships you would suffer, only the hardships to the U.S. citizen.

Good luck!

Summer 2003- We met (in the U.S.) and began dating.

Summer 2004- My SO moved back to Egypt; I spent a month there with him.

December 2004- SO called my parents and got permission to ask for my hand in marriage; They said yes, of course!

Christmas 2004- I traveled back to Egypt and accepted his proposal while we were on the sands by the Red Sea...

July 2005- Got married; I moved to Egypt

Nov. 2005- Began the immigration process!!!

July 2006- Hubby's immigrant "interview" at embassy in Cairo was no interview- told to file waiver for past visa overstay

Aug. 2006- Waiver sent from Cairo to Athens

April 2007- Waiver transferred from Athens to Rome

August 2007 - I moved back to U.S. from Egypt in anticipation of waiver approval (just had a feeling!!) and to continue my career because my 2 year work contract had expired in Cairo and my wondeful job was still here waiting.

Nov. 2007- Waiver approved... thank the good Lord!!!!

Dec. 2007- Interview- but not really an interview- just had to sign the updated DS230; Told to expect visa in 2 weeks.

Jan. 2008 - Visa in hand! It actually did arrive in 2 and a half weeks... Hubby back in our home 2 days later!!!

Feb. 2008- Green Card arrives

Today and everyday- Loving life back in our home, having a blast, enjoying every moment with family and friends, praying for all of you still waiting! Miracles DO happen!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.