love&care

signature & police clearance

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello! I am a newbie here. My friend refer VJ to me, I wish I i found this forum before we started our journey. I have few questions that I hope someone can answer. My interview is already 10 days from now. I am annulled from my previous marriage but I do all have the documents needed for interview. Just as when I check again and read the Notarized copy of petition, I found out that I signed the wrong signature instead of signing using my ex-husband's family name I signed using my maiden name, guess its really a big mistake even the judge or the clerk didn't notice this during the process, I am really stupid! I really don't know what to do now. Just found out today!!!! I have also one more question, I worked in other country before and sent them my request for a police clearance, two weeks before Christmas eve. I thought it would be finished before my interview, yesterday I called them again and they said they have sent me an acknowldgement receipt and that they have to process my police clearance by Monday and that i have to wait for three weeks before the consulate receives the certificate. :unsure::wacko::crying: I really don't know what to do now. What am I gonna do VJ's. Please any suggestions is really appreciated. :help:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello sis. well, i think your maiden name's signature will be fine. if you can provide and attach documents that that signature is valid, then, that will be fine.

regarding your police clearance from abrod, i guess, all you have to do is wait for that and make constant follow ups. you may also ask them if they can expedite the release of your police clearance. and in case it won't make for your interview, just be prepared that you will be put into AR and then, provide them asap the police clearance once it is released.

God bless you sis...

K-1 Visa Timeline

04/03/07 - Engagement Day

06/05/07 - NOA1 according to USCIS Website

10/16/07 - NOA2 according to CRIS - THANK YOU OH LORD!

01/08/08 - Embassy Interview - Thank God! Thanks VJs!

02/23/08 - POE = LAX >>> Goodbye my beloved Pinas!

03/13/08 - Civil Wedding in 90210

04/19/08 - Church wedding in Azusa

AOS Timeline

05/24/08 - NOA1 dates for I-485/AOS and I-765/EAD

07/22/08 - Biometrics Appointment at South El Monte, CA for I-485 only; Application Touched!

08/13/08 - RFE letter received in the mail

08/22/08 - Reply to RFE sent...Oh Lord, please guide us!

08/27/08 - RFE response received; Case resumed

09/13/08 - EAD card received

12/10/08 - AOS Interview in Los Angeles - APPROVED!!! PRAISE GOD FOREVER!

12/22/08 - Green Card Received - THANKS GOD!!! Thanks our VJ FAMILY!!!

Removal of Conditions Timeline

09/13/10 - Form I-751 Packet Sent thru USPS

09/14/10 - NOA1 Date (09/15/10 on the uscis website)

09/15/10 - $545 Check Cashed

09/18/10 - Received NOA1

11/04/10 - Biometrics Appointment

01/06/11 - ROC Approval Date/Card Production Ordered

Is there no way to re-do the form? Maybe if you signed it again with your initials and brought proof of both names and signatures and explained the situation then that might be ok. If all else fails you could call the embassy and explain the situation and ask what they advise - I know people in the past have been a bit concerned about things and have spoken to the embassy only to realise that there was nothing to worry about :) Either way I am sure they will be able to advise you of the best course of action *hugs*

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Is there no way to re-do the form? Maybe if you signed it again with your initials and brought proof of both names and signatures and explained the situation then that might be ok. If all else fails you could call the embassy and explain the situation and ask what they advise - I know people in the past have been a bit concerned about things and have spoken to the embassy only to realise that there was nothing to worry about :) Either way I am sure they will be able to advise you of the best course of action *hugs*

I was really tempted to sign beside the first signature my marriage name too. I just don't know if it is acceptable or not. I email my atty already about this but no response. I cannot work and focus on this much as I am working here in Indonesia right now.

Jeraly thanks very much for your reply. It really sounds a good idea! :rolleyes:

No probs - at the end of the day, the embassy know what they want to see at interview so they can prolly advise you better than anyone else :) Let us know how it goes! And good luck at interview!

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.