2long

For those who sent I-751 to NSC before july07

9 posts in this topic

I dont think they will approve us in one year and by that time we will be able to apply for citizenship.I think we should concentrate on citizenship application while 751 is pending and find out people here who applied for citizenship while their I-751 was pending and use this thread to collect that Infor mation.

Filed: Country: France
Timeline
I dont think they will approve us in one year and by that time we will be able to apply for citizenship.I think we should concentrate on citizenship application while 751 is pending and find out people here who applied for citizenship while their I-751 was pending and use this thread to collect that Infor mation.

Great idea

See my signature for details.

TIMELINE

I-751 (removing conditions on residency):

December 17, 2006: Sent I-751 to NSC

December 27, 2006: NOA1 date

January 20, 2007: Biometrics appointment

January 29, 2008: Card production ordered

February 5, 2008: New card received.

N-400 (Citizenship):

December 18, 2007: Sent N-400 to NSC

December 19, 2007: Received date & Priority date

December 26, 2007: Notice date - 100 days

January 24, 2008: Biometrics appointment

February 25, 2008: Interview notice received

May 28, 2008: Interview (Chicago, IL) - PASSED

June 24, 2008: Oath letter received

July 1, 2008: Oath ceremony, application for US Passport filled at local post office

July 11, 2008: Passport received.

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK ALL VJERS FOR THEIR HELP AND SUPPORT!

Applying for citizenship should force an adjucation of the I-751. Good Luck to you!

Some people, however, like me, don't plan to apply for citizenship, at least not now. We'll have to wait or push the USCIS (US house members or senators) to get our Green Cards and get by on I-551 stamps in the meantime.

Applying for citizenship should force an adjucation of the I-751. Good Luck to you!

Some people, however, like me, don't plan to apply for citizenship, at least not now. We'll have to wait or push the USCIS (US house members or senators) to get our Green Cards and get by on I-551 stamps in the meantime.

Why not apply for citizenship rather than waiting for i-751 approval.unless you have other reasons for not becoming the citizen

Why not apply for citizenship rather than waiting for i-751 approval.unless you have other reasons for not becoming the citizen

<begin rant>

I am another poster here who does not have a pressing urge to become a citizen at this time. Quite frankly, the only reason I would even want to consider becoming a citizen now is if I could vote in the upcoming elections - but you would agree that is highly unlikely given the current processing times for naturalization.

But, more so, I find it rather objectionable that some of us would have to pay "extra" to receive services that are already paid for, by forcing the adjudicating of the I-751 thru naturalization! It seems to me that USCIS is going against all principles this country stands for - "shouldn't all applicants be treated equal according to when they filed?"

<end rant> :devil:

Removal of Conditions - Nebraska Service Center

2/23/07 I-751 Notice date

3/23/07 NOA received (typo in name)

3/29/07 Biometric appointment received. Requested rescheduling

4/05/07 Second biometrics appointment received

4/18/07 Biometrics

4/19/07 Case status updated

2/23/08 Petition Congressman - no additional info.

3/03/08 Infopass in Chicago (12-mo extension)

3/19/08 Petition Senator's office

4/01/08 Case transferred - to an unspecified "USCIS office" (e-mail)

4/12/08 Letter - transferred to CSC on 3/27/2008. (typo in name)

4/22/08 Current Status: Card production ordered

4/25/08 Current Status: Approval notice sent; letter from Senator's office - expect 30-60 day wait for USCIS response!

4/26/08 Card arrives (with typo in name)

4/28/08 Card sent back via registered post (mistake to use Reg Post!)

5/05/08 Package delivered at Laguna Niguel, CA

10/02/08 Corrected 10-yr card issued

I-485

03/10/05 AOS interview in Chicago. Conditional PR (2-yr).

03/17/05 CPR card arrives in the mail

AOS thru Chicago DO (from non-immigrant visa category)

7/08/04 Mailed I-130, I-485 & I-765

7/20/04 Fingerprints/biometrics completed.

8/17/04 EAD approved

runcatqe4.jpg

Disclaimer: We are NOT lawyers by profession and all our posts should be viewed with that in mind.

Roll on April 30h...then I can apply for Citizenship and if I get approved I can say goodbye to the USCIS forever (I know....never say 'forever'...but it's gotta be better than this b/s) :thumbs:

Removing of Conditions Timeline

05/29/2007 - Sent package to NSC

05/31/2007 - Package received by NSC

06/01/2007 - Date on NOA (1 day after they received our package!)

06/11/2007 - NOA and Biometrics notice received via snail-mail

06/21/2007 - Biometrics taken

04/03/2008 - Transferred to CSC

05/14/2008 - Approved (notified via email)

05/21/2008 - Card received

<begin rant>

I am another poster here who does not have a pressing urge to become a citizen at this time. Quite frankly, the only reason I would even want to consider becoming a citizen now is if I could vote in the upcoming elections - but you would agree that is highly unlikely given the current processing times for naturalization.

But, more so, I find it rather objectionable that some of us would have to pay "extra" to receive services that are already paid for, by forcing the adjudicating of the I-751 thru naturalization! It seems to me that USCIS is going against all principles this country stands for - "shouldn't all applicants be treated equal according to when they filed?"

<end rant> :devil:

Processing time for Naturalization are not as bad as they are for removing the condition.Naturalization is done within 6 months.I think i-751 is least important to USCIS because we have all the rights of permanent resident that is why they are not processing our case

Processing time for Naturalization are not as bad as they are for removing the condition.Naturalization is done within 6 months.I think i-751 is least important to USCIS because we have all the rights of permanent resident that is why they are not processing our case

More power to those who are going for the naturalization process. (F)

But, I hate to say this - from the USCIS site :

"Advisory on Processing Times

USCIS has received a significant increase in the number of applications filed; nearly double the number received in the same period last year. The agency is working to improve processes and focus increased resources, including hiring approximately 1,500 new employees, to address this workload.

As a result, average processing times for certain applications may grow longer. Naturalization applications filed after June 1, 2007 may take approximately 16-18 months to process."

Any other business (including some other state/government agencies) would be in so much trouble if they provided this kind of cr**y & selective service. :protest:

Removal of Conditions - Nebraska Service Center

2/23/07 I-751 Notice date

3/23/07 NOA received (typo in name)

3/29/07 Biometric appointment received. Requested rescheduling

4/05/07 Second biometrics appointment received

4/18/07 Biometrics

4/19/07 Case status updated

2/23/08 Petition Congressman - no additional info.

3/03/08 Infopass in Chicago (12-mo extension)

3/19/08 Petition Senator's office

4/01/08 Case transferred - to an unspecified "USCIS office" (e-mail)

4/12/08 Letter - transferred to CSC on 3/27/2008. (typo in name)

4/22/08 Current Status: Card production ordered

4/25/08 Current Status: Approval notice sent; letter from Senator's office - expect 30-60 day wait for USCIS response!

4/26/08 Card arrives (with typo in name)

4/28/08 Card sent back via registered post (mistake to use Reg Post!)

5/05/08 Package delivered at Laguna Niguel, CA

10/02/08 Corrected 10-yr card issued

I-485

03/10/05 AOS interview in Chicago. Conditional PR (2-yr).

03/17/05 CPR card arrives in the mail

AOS thru Chicago DO (from non-immigrant visa category)

7/08/04 Mailed I-130, I-485 & I-765

7/20/04 Fingerprints/biometrics completed.

8/17/04 EAD approved

runcatqe4.jpg

Disclaimer: We are NOT lawyers by profession and all our posts should be viewed with that in mind.

More power to those who are going for the naturalization process. (F)

But, I hate to say this - from the USCIS site :

"Advisory on Processing Times

USCIS has received a significant increase in the number of applications filed; nearly double the number received in the same period last year. The agency is working to improve processes and focus increased resources, including hiring approximately 1,500 new employees, to address this workload.

As a result, average processing times for certain applications may grow longer. Naturalization applications filed after June 1, 2007 may take approximately 16-18 months to process."

Any other business (including some other state/government agencies) would be in so much trouble if they provided this kind of cr**y & selective service. :protest:

Dammn!! :crying: I did'nt know that It means we just cannot do anything.I want to vote this :crying: november election

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.