8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Are the time lines on USCIS from the date they receive you application? and if you are transfered how do you find out the processing time for AOS then.. I was transfered to CSC and can only find employment based information...grr.. although by my impressions from reading on here it is usually "loosely based" a good thing to be transfered.

Thanks to all.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
Are the time lines on USCIS from the date they receive you application? and if you are transfered how do you find out the processing time for AOS then.. I was transfered to CSC and can only find employment based information...grr.. although by my impressions from reading on here it is usually "loosely based" a good thing to be transfered.

Thanks to all.

Was your case transfered for a change of address?

Timeline

Thanks to all.

Was your case transfered for a change of address?

No it was just transfered to CSC. it is pending .

Thanks to all.

If you are talking about the processing times listed for USCIS, there is none listed for family based CSC transferrees. The dates that are listed uder local offices (as are other processing dates) based on a set date they have chosen to have as a target to adjudicate a case in that category unless there is a backlog. If this happens there will be a true date of what receipt dates they are processing. So if they think 6 months is an appropriate turnaround time, and they are on target, the website will only likst 6 months back. If they are processing a backlog to 8 months, the site will indicate the actual date of the oldest being worked on.

ETA: I wouldn't put any stock in processing times, I dont know if anyone is watching closely (and I am not) if the dates are actually moving (for those nonCSC transferees) but the backlog seems to have delayed them posting info on the site, not sure if this would be affected. Regardless, you are a CSC transferee, there is no way to check what date they are processing on their website.

Edited by LaL

Thanks to all.

The current processing date for marriage/family based AOS transferred to the CSC (supposedly to speed up the application process) is June 18, 2007. I was told this during a phone call to them this morning when I was enquiring about my AOS that has a receipt date of June 15, 2007. Even although they report that they are working on a date later than my receipt date they advise they still can't process an enquiry. So the morale of the story is it dosen't really matter when they are processing you still can't find out when you will receive your paperwork and they continue to post that dratted 6 months period on the USCIS website (even although it is incorrect and there is no way anyone can get it to reflect the correct situation). :angry:

Best wishes on your travels through this maze of the USCIS non information.

Dave

Timlines to date:

K-1 Visa

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2006-10-10

Interview Date : 2007-05-18

Visa Received : 2007-05-23

US Entry : 2007-05-25

Marriage : 2007-06-04 - Sunset barefoot ceremony on the beach at St Augustine Florida - Fantastic!!

Employment Authorization Document

CIS Office : Chicago National Office

Date Filed : 2007-06-06

Bio. Appt. : 2007-07-31

Approved Date : 2007-08-28

Date Card Received : 2007-08-31

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Atlanta GA (then transferred to CSC)

Date Filed : 2007-06-08

Bio. Appt. : 2007-07-11

Approval / Denial Date : 2008-02-15

Approved : Yes

Greencard Received : 2008-02-20

Lifting Conditions

CIS Office : Vermont Service Center

Date Filed : 2009-11-25

Bio. Appt. : 2010-01-05

Approval / Denial Date : 2010-03-03

Approved : Yes

Green Card Received : 2010-03-09

Citizenship

Service Center : Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office : Atlanta GA

Date Filed : 2012-08-14

NOA Date : 2012-08-20

Bio. Appt. : 2012-09-13

Interview Date : 2012-12-03

Approved : 2012-12-03

Oath Ceremony : 2012-12-03

Journey Over - No More USCIS BUT.... USDOS Next to Get Passport - Change Social Security Card Details - Register To Vote - Change Driving License Details

Timeline

Thank you now I understand it more clearly!

Thank god( or whomever/whatever you believe in)for VJ! and the good people on here that help others out!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.