Peter T

New processing times - is the USCIS lying?

1,075 posts in this topic

so 13 months, just like Bertrand's petition filed 12/06, approved 1/08. So did in fact all of the contacting really speed up the petition? hmmm

Well congrats anyway, now you can be less stressed out.

Yes, I do think that based on the numerous calls I made for the past 40 days kinda fixed the problem.

Something tells me that this approval is not coincidently

No,I wasn't stressed out, I was and I'm still mad that it took so long to process this stinking application while for other took only 3-4 months .This was not fair to me nor to you guys and it's up to you to do something about it

I'm done here , I'm sure a few of you would like to see me gone !

that is what I'm saying to everyone do something together rather than just complaining onthis thread.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: England
Timeline
so 13 months, just like Bertrand's petition filed 12/06, approved 1/08. So did in fact all of the contacting really speed up the petition? hmmm

Yes, I do think that based on the numerous calls I made for the past 40 days kinda fixed the problem.

No,I wasn't stressed out, I was and I'm still mad that it took so long to process this stinking application while for other took only 3-4 months .This was not fair to me nor to you guys and it's up to you to do something about it

that is what I'm saying to everyone do something together rather than just complaining onthis thread.

I always think it's funny when someone says you should be doing something other than posting on a thread and yet, here they are, on the thread.

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations iansig, I am genuinely glad to hear that you are approved. :)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I always think it's funny when someone says you should be doing something other than posting on a thread and yet, here they are, on the thread.

Thank you and I hope you will be approved too very soon

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

This is from the USCIS site:

"Table 6 – Workload Volumes by Application/Petition

Form No. FY 2006 FY 2008/2009

Actual Projected

Workload Workload

Volume Volume Difference

I-751 143,360 143,000 (360)"

Found that 140,000 number interesting, not millions like reported back in 1986, and let's us know that we are not the only applicants. The fee in 1988 was $35.00.

Still can't find anything where NSC I-751 applications were sent to CSC.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Congrats. I thought we can't contact them unless we are out of the processing window, and now that it's back to July of 06, we are not technically out of the processing window. We did contact the congressman and it got us no where so far.

Timeline

Congrats. I thought we can't contact them unless we are out of the processing window, and now that it's back to July of 06, we are not technically out of the processing window. We did contact the congressman and it got us no where so far.

Yes ,YOU ARE out of the processing window :

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

Q : When can I expect USCIS to process my case?

USCIS processes applications in the order they are received by application type. Due to the significant increase in the number of applications filed, processing times have been affected. As a result, average processing times for certain application types filed after June 1, 2007, may become longer. For example:

Naturalization applications may take approximately 16-18 months to process;

Family-based adjustment of status applications may take 10-12 months; and

Immigrant petitions for relatives and workers may take 9-10 months.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

USCIS processes applications in the order they are received by application type. Due to the significant increase in the number of applications filed, processing times have been affected. As a result, average processing times for certain application types filed after June 1, 2007, may become longer. For example:

the operative word here being may.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Sure :

I-751 (Removal of conditions)

02-02-07 - I-751 sent to NSC

02-16-07 - NOA1

03-23-07 - Biometrics

03-17-08 - Card production ordered

Excellent news. Congratulations. I filed two weeks before you so should be approved ... oh wait.

I guess bugging them a lot does make a difference. I have an info pass tomorrow. Maybe I'll be able to push things along.

All posts are based on my experience and the law may have changed, or situations may be different, any information provided should be taken as a guideline and not as fact.

VISA: K1

Check My Timeline for full details

Time from sending I-129F to I-485 approval 448 days!

-----------------------------------------

I-751 Sent 2007-01-11

I-751 Received at NSC 2007-01-17

NOA Received: 2007-02-02

Biometric Interview: 2007-02-15

Touched 2007-03-31

InfoPass 2007-01-22 (No additional news)

InfoPass 2007-03-18 I-551 (12 month) stamp

Case Transfer to CSC 2008-04-02

RFE 2008-04-11

Card Ordered 2008-05-14

Card Received 2008-06-01

Timeline

Good call.

Timeline
Sure :

I-751 (Removal of conditions)

02-02-07 - I-751 sent to NSC

02-16-07 - NOA1

03-23-07 - Biometrics

03-17-08 - Card production ordered

Excellent news. Congratulations. I filed two weeks before you so should be approved ... oh wait.

I guess bugging them a lot does make a difference. I have an info pass tomorrow. Maybe I'll be able to push things along.

Thank you !

Yes, make yourself visible, don’t wait for them .Get in contact with influent people, the more the better .That's what I did

Timeline

Good call.

Contact Senator George V. Voinovich

http://voinovich.senate.gov/public/index.c...ction=Home.Home

He's got an office in Columbus

Central, OH Office:

37 West Broad Street

Room 310

Columbus, OH 43215

Main: (614) 469-6697

Fax: (614) 469-7733

Edited by iansig40

Timeline

Sure some very long posts here loaded with quotes with only a two word comment added, makes it difficult to follow a dialog. Also what you see is not what you get when I tried to post that table on the number of I-751 applications. According to the USCIS, that had 360 less applications in 2007 than 2006 with about 140K applications of this type per year. These zillions of application increases before the fee increase apparently are not I-751 applications.

Was told by my senators office that neither Texas nor Nebraska are not doing I-751's anymore, Texas was shifted to Vermont, and Nebraska to California, so why are we looking at the Nebraska and Texas processing dates.

When I call the USCIS, they tell me not to pester them until I check on their processing dates and if those dates are before our application date, don't pester them, our case status still shows our application is in Nebraska with that infamous July 05. 2006 date, but if it is in California with an August 19, 2007 date, our application must have been lost.

From the USCIS site:

"Will I Get a Work Permit?

As a legal permanent resident, you should have received a permanent resident card. This card will continue to prove that you have a right to live and work in the United States permanently. If you file your USCIS Form I-751 (Petition to Remove the Conditions on Residence) on time, the USCIS will extend your conditional resident status for up to 12 months while your Form I-751 petition is under review."

That is enough to blow one's brain, on one hand they are saying your expired PRC card is valid, on the other hand, saying it is expired.

Timeline

Good call.

Contact Senator George V. Voinovich

http://voinovich.senate.gov/public/index.c...ction=Home.Home

He's got an office in Columbus

Central, OH Office:

37 West Broad Street

Room 310

Columbus, OH 43215

Main: (614) 469-6697

Fax: (614) 469-7733

We did.

Sure some very long posts here loaded with quotes with only a two word comment added, makes it difficult to follow a dialog. Also what you see is not what you get when I tried to post that table on the number of I-751 applications. According to the USCIS, that had 360 less applications in 2007 than 2006 with about 140K applications of this type per year. These zillions of application increases before the fee increase apparently are not I-751 applications.

Was told by my senators office that neither Texas nor Nebraska are not doing I-751's anymore, Texas was shifted to Vermont, and Nebraska to California, so why are we looking at the Nebraska and Texas processing dates.

When I call the USCIS, they tell me not to pester them until I check on their processing dates and if those dates are before our application date, don't pester them, our case status still shows our application is in Nebraska with that infamous July 05. 2006 date, but if it is in California with an August 19, 2007 date, our application must have been lost.

From the USCIS site:

"Will I Get a Work Permit?

As a legal permanent resident, you should have received a permanent resident card. This card will continue to prove that you have a right to live and work in the United States permanently. If you file your USCIS Form I-751 (Petition to Remove the Conditions on Residence) on time, the USCIS will extend your conditional resident status for up to 12 months while your Form I-751 petition is under review."

That is enough to blow one's brain, on one hand they are saying your expired PRC card is valid, on the other hand, saying it is expired.

But we should get an email if it is transfered.

Timeline

So tired of looking at this!

"On March 30, 2007, we received this CRI89 PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register."

The only e-mail I have received was acknowledgment that we signed up for the automated e-mail updates.

I plugged in different numbers on the least significant digit on my wife's application number and did get different statements than above just to check if they are recognizing her specific application number, so I know they have that in their system and apparently it is unique. Can carry a far more effective communication when I talk to my wall, least I get an echo.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.