Peter T

New processing times - is the USCIS lying?

1,075 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Give what up?

I never said I was ok with it. I'm only saying you are wrong if you say that your life has to be 'on hold' and, obvious in your case, miserable because of USCIS. Tell me what you will change as soon as you have the 10 year Greencard in hand, that you could not change now.

How can you be so sure that your application will be approved ? The fact that you been approved so far with all the other applications you submitted doesn't mean that nothing can happen ....remember this is US not Germany .The more they drag the process the better ,more complications ....more applications to submit and of course more $$$$$$

Being Canadian I know them very well

Now would you go blindly and invest in a house ,open a business ,have kids WITHOUT KNOWING WHAT TOMORROW WILL BRING ?

Get real man !!

let's see, next week we are buying a car. Next month we will be looking at moving and buying a new house. By the ned of this year I hope to have my own business started. Next year we will probably start the wheels in motion to adopt kids. I'm not waiting around for USCIS. They dictate my life enough as it is. If something different happens, well then we will deal with it as it comes.

People choose to deal with things differently iansig, and it's ok. Why do you insist that we all have to spend our days stressing out about USCIS? It's not worth the trouble.

Great ...and if something happen what are you going to do ?

Start all over again this time in Canada to bring your wife/husband there? I hope that's not your backup plan!

what's wrong with that kind of plan? Me and my husband plan on moving there in future anyways, so if it comes sooner rather than later, oh well! We believe that God has it all under control, and we're good with that.

Well that kind of explain why you are so relaxed over this BS processing time .

For sure you must be close to retirement ...yes Canada is a better choice but why didn't you do it from the beginning if your goal was to retire in Canada anyway?

You see I don't have that flexibility to move the whole family back to Canada ,my wife will never consider moving to Canada and maybe now you understand why I'm so pissed off when I see people here claiming that there is no big deal waiting one year ,two year maybe even three for those SOB to do some work at NSC

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Remember: You are not required to have a document to be a legal permanent resident, you can go days, weeks, even months without.

Not so sure about that Peter, without current documentation, my wife would neither have a drivers license nor a job.

The day her PRC expired was the day her employers legal department called her in, she was so busy at work, she got permission for me to handle that end of it. Ironically on 03/27/2008 is the day that the NSCIS is drastically increasing the fines to employers that employ undocumented workers, and besides the feds, our state is taking a very active interest in additional fines.

These dates are interesting for the last recorded I-751 processing dates.

CSC 08/19/2007

TSC 04/26/2007

VSC 03/01/2007

NCS 07/05/2006

Would be nice if we were in any service center, except Nebraska.

Timeline
Remember: You are not required to have a document to be a legal permanent resident, you can go days, weeks, even months without.

Not so sure about that Peter, without current documentation, my wife would neither have a drivers license nor a job.

The day her PRC expired was the day her employers legal department called her in, she was so busy at work, she got permission for me to handle that end of it. Ironically on 03/27/2008 is the day that the NSCIS is drastically increasing the fines to employers that employ undocumented workers, and besides the feds, our state is taking a very active interest in additional fines.

CSC 08/19/2007

TSC 04/26/2007

VSC 03/01/2007

NCS 07/05/2006

Maybe USCIS should close NSC , save some money and all the applications be transferred somewhere else. Many times I asked myself if they still have my application or they lost it .Calling USCIS is worthless so… YES, Nebraska is a disaster

:angry:

without current documentation, my wife would neither have a drivers license nor a job. The day her PRC expired was the day her employers legal department called her in, she was so busy at work, she got permission for me to handle that end of it. Ironically on 03/27/2008 is the day that the NSCIS is drastically increasing the fines to employers that employ undocumented workers, and besides the feds, our state is taking a very active interest in additional fines.

The call of the legal department is interesting - what did they demand to see and why? If they wanted to see her permission to work to comply with the Labor Laws, someone in that legal department needs a refresher on Labor Law: Such demand is not allowed, all the employer can and must do is checking some documents at the beginning of an employment. It could be different, however, if the employer needed to see your wife's document to comply with some security regulation, like the rules of a federal customer (DoD?) or export control.

I haven't heard about state laws on employment of undocumented people, but they should not be in contradiction to federal law.

CSC 08/19/2007

TSC 04/26/2007

VSC 03/01/2007

NCS 07/05/2006

The "customers" of the TSC in the first half of 2007 are not very lucky either; their adjucations are delayed like ours. Their application got sent to VSC where they are processed after later direct applications to VSC.

Added NickD and for sandeepb the I-551 stamp for 12 months - Congratulations!

List of I-751 to NSC, ordered by date on NOA, after the last known approval in 2007 (NOA 06-Dec-06)

and before the first known transfer to CSC (NOA 05-Aug-07)

Names ordered by date on NOA instead of date of I-751, because NOA is the date relevant to USCIS.

UserName...........Date of I-751.....Date on NOA...Biometrics......Approved.....RFE, Service Request, etc.

haozi101...........11/27/06..........12/06/06......01/03/07........09/14/07.....

Bertrand...........12/19/06..........12/27/06......01/20/07........01/29/08.....N-400

sandeepb...........12/26/06..........01/04/07......02/05/07........--/--/--.....service request, N-400, I-551 stamp for 12 months

coloradogirl.......12/27/06..........01/04/07......01/30/07........--/--/--.....

echostorm..........12/--/06..........01/05/07......02/16/07........--/--/--.....

CAPG...............01/06/07..........01/16/07......02/15/07........--/--/--.....

jennybirgitta......01/13/07..........01/18/07......02/14/07........--/--/--.....service request, congressman, N-400

traversm...........01/14/07..........01/18/07......02/14/07........--/--/--.....

MDandZJ............01/21/07..........01/25/07......02/14/07........--/--/--.....

Ruari..............--/--/--..........01/25/07......02/23/07........--/--/--.....congressman

ron&nadine.........01/07/07..........01/22/07......02/27/07........--/--/--.....

dee................01/25/07..........01/29/07......02/20/07........--/--/--.....

Peter T............01/27/07..........02/01/07......03/09/07........--/--/--.....I-551 stamp for 12 months

drawbridgep........01/11/07..........02/02/07......02/15/07........--/--/--.....

Illinois77.........01/31/07..........02/02/07......03/02/07........--/--/--.....

chus...............01/26/07..........02/03/07......02/23/07........--/--/--.....

STBM04.............01/31/07..........02/05/07......03/02/07........--/--/--.....I-551 stamp for 12 months

ives_damian........01/31/07..........02/06/07......03/12/07........--/--/--.....

winterpassing......02/06/07..........02/12/07......03/09/07........--/--/--.....

MonicaT............02/08/07..........02/14/07......03/10/07........--/--/--.....I-551 stamp for 12 months

grenoble38.........02/01/07..........02/20/07......03/03/07........--/--/--.....I-551 stamp for 12 months

Illinois...........02/19/07..........02/23/07......04/18/07........--/--/--.....I-551 stamp for 12 months

onur ............. 06/26/06..........03/15/07......04/13/07........--/--/--.....

Tammi..............02/23/07..........03/23/07......04/05/07........--/--/--.....

decharte...........02/28/07..........03/26/07......04/10/07........--/--/--.....

ace13..............03/22/07..........03/27/07......04/17/07........--/--/--.....

NickD..............03/27/07..........04/--/07......05/01/07........--/--/--.....congressman

Lyuba..............--/--/--..........04/17/07......05/07/07........--/--/--.....

gyuwono............04/17/07..........04/20/07......05/18/07........--/--/--.....

Kearinne...........04/09/07..........04/30/07......06/02/07........--/--/--.....

charlie & yeng.....4/27/07(resubm.)..05/01/07......06/02/07........--/--/--.....

Frances............04/02/07..........05/05/07......05/24/07........--/--/--.....

Kanadka............05/12/23..........05/23/07......06/11/07........--/--/--.....

Badgerbabe.........05/10/07..........05/24/07......06/11/07........--/--/--.....

debeselizz.........05/24/07..........05/31/07......06/21/07........--/--/--.....

sandy2000..........06/--/07..........06/12/07......07/13/07........--/--/--.....

laura19angel.......--/--/--..........06/15/07......07/13/07........--/--/--.....

pkmk...............06/18/07..........07/02/07......07/13/07........--/--/--.....

wifiman............06/29/07..........08/05/07......08/15/07........08/25/07..... NSC > CSC

NSC claimed accomplishments for processing I-751s:

Posting date......Processing timeframe

12/14/07..........02/09/07

01/15/08..........02/10/07

02/15/08..........07/05/06 (yes, they went backwards)

Please check your data for correctness.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Give what up?

I never said I was ok with it. I'm only saying you are wrong if you say that your life has to be 'on hold' and, obvious in your case, miserable because of USCIS. Tell me what you will change as soon as you have the 10 year Greencard in hand, that you could not change now.

How can you be so sure that your application will be approved ? The fact that you been approved so far with all the other applications you submitted doesn't mean that nothing can happen ....remember this is US not Germany .The more they drag the process the better ,more complications ....more applications to submit and of course more $$$$$$

Being Canadian I know them very well

Now would you go blindly and invest in a house ,open a business ,have kids WITHOUT KNOWING WHAT TOMORROW WILL BRING ?

Get real man !!

let's see, next week we are buying a car. Next month we will be looking at moving and buying a new house. By the ned of this year I hope to have my own business started. Next year we will probably start the wheels in motion to adopt kids. I'm not waiting around for USCIS. They dictate my life enough as it is. If something different happens, well then we will deal with it as it comes.

People choose to deal with things differently iansig, and it's ok. Why do you insist that we all have to spend our days stressing out about USCIS? It's not worth the trouble.

Great ...and if something happen what are you going to do ?

Start all over again this time in Canada to bring your wife/husband there? I hope that's not your backup plan!

what's wrong with that kind of plan? Me and my husband plan on moving there in future anyways, so if it comes sooner rather than later, oh well! We believe that God has it all under control, and we're good with that.

Well that kind of explain why you are so relaxed over this BS processing time .

For sure you must be close to retirement ...yes Canada is a better choice but why didn't you do it from the beginning if your goal was to retire in Canada anyway?

You see I don't have that flexibility to move the whole family back to Canada ,my wife will never consider moving to Canada and maybe now you understand why I'm so pissed off when I see people here claiming that there is no big deal waiting one year ,two year maybe even three for those SOB to do some work at NSC

hahaha close to retirement -- not close, my friend, not even close. I wish that was the case, but it isn't. We're both 35.

We chose to go this route instead of moving to Canada first because of financial reasons (he has a much more stable and lucrative career than I did). Our eventual goal is to both have dual citizenship so that we can have the flexibility of being in either country without having to deal with bureaucracy. But that's just us.

I don't see a lot of people saying that waiting this long isn't a big deal, I just see people saying it's not worth the ulcers.

I truly hope you hear something soon.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Timeline

CSC 08/19/2007

TSC 04/26/2007

VSC 03/01/2007

NCS 07/05/2006

The "customers" of the TSC in the first half of 2007 are not very lucky either; their adjucations are delayed like ours. Their application got sent to VSC where they are processed after later direct applications to VSC.

I'm not yet sure that's necessarily the case. Our TSC petitions weren't all "finalized" in the VSC system until February 25 and 26, a little over two weeks ago. There have been two approvals of "direct" VSC filers since then, but those petitions might have already been on someone's desk for all we know.

Meh

Timeline

"The call of the legal department is interesting - what did they demand to see and why?"

Exactly what is the law? She was issued a temporary PRC that expired, we also did a I-765, never thought about that, should check to see if that has a time limit. What I did bring in was my fold type brief case with everything in it, plus printouts on off the web.

":Receipt Number: LIN07129xxxxx

Application Type: CRI89, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED

Current Status: Case received and pending.

On March 30, 2007, we received this CRI89 PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register."

The I-751 application where it states to submit this form 90 days before the expiration date and felt I was making excuses for the NSCIS, is there anything else that I can do? We have complied fully with all aspects of the law, what else can we do?

Same exact problem with the DMV on renewing her drivers license, why did they send you an extension notice? Like I am suppose to know. At first, 3 1/2 years ago, they just wanted to see her passport and a valid SS card that she had, this time, complete records of her immigration status, I didn't know our state had an immigration officer that is not even affiliated with the NSCIS, but spent a week faxing him documents with phone conversations.

Call me ignorant, stupid, naive or whatever, many family farmers lost their farms here due to high inflated property taxes, taken over by corporations that are doing very well hiring illegal Mexicans paying them 100 bucks a week for their entire family to work expecting them to work 24/7. Some have managed to get home mortgages when I couldn't even add my wife to my checking account due to the APA regulations at first.

My son had to drive down to Madison, was hit broad sided by an illegal without a drivers license, called the cops, cop comes over and says, I wasn't there to see the accident and drives off leaving my son stranded. He wasted a year trying to file a claim against that person and got nowhere, courts wouldn't even listen to him, and got stuck with the repair bill for his vehicle. One can only assume the corruption we have in our government as our corporations want cheap slave labor.

While some of us are trying our best to take the legal route, any comments on this?

Timeline
"The call of the legal department is interesting - what did they demand to see and why?"

Exactly what is the law? She was issued a temporary PRC that expired, we also did a I-765, never thought about that, should check to see if that has a time limit. What I did bring in was my fold type brief case with everything in it, plus printouts on off the web.

":Receipt Number: LIN07129xxxxx

Application Type: CRI89, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED

Current Status: Case received and pending.

On March 30, 2007, we received this CRI89 PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register."

The I-751 application where it states to submit this form 90 days before the expiration date and felt I was making excuses for the NSCIS, is there anything else that I can do? We have complied fully with all aspects of the law, what else can we do?

Same exact problem with the DMV on renewing her drivers license, why did they send you an extension notice? Like I am suppose to know. At first, 3 1/2 years ago, they just wanted to see her passport and a valid SS card that she had, this time, complete records of her immigration status, I didn't know our state had an immigration officer that is not even affiliated with the NSCIS, but spent a week faxing him documents with phone conversations.

Call me ignorant, stupid, naive or whatever, many family farmers lost their farms here due to high inflated property taxes, taken over by corporations that are doing very well hiring illegal Mexicans paying them 100 bucks a week for their entire family to work expecting them to work 24/7. Some have managed to get home mortgages when I couldn't even add my wife to my checking account due to the APA regulations at first.

My son had to drive down to Madison, was hit broad sided by an illegal without a drivers license, called the cops, cop comes over and says, I wasn't there to see the accident and drives off leaving my son stranded. He wasted a year trying to file a claim against that person and got nowhere, courts wouldn't even listen to him, and got stuck with the repair bill for his vehicle. One can only assume the corruption we have in our government as our corporations want cheap slave labor.

While some of us are trying our best to take the legal route, any comments on this?

Yes my friend ,you are absolutely right ! Are they going to change the situation ? Definitely NOT ....the profit is quite substantial hiring illegal's so why would they want to change that ? USCIS is one big cover- up

Timeline

Not sure if it is a very good idea to say anything negative about an agency that is literally holding a rope around your neck. Just for sake of peace of mind, trying to find ways to expedite the process. Ha, wonder if I could redo the I-130 along with a new I-485, would be happy to pay the fee for peace of mind, and this time we would be married for longer than two years.

Wife must have her I-688B, but I believe that was dated and should be long expired by now.

We had similar delay problems in Venezuela, just took me depositing a couple of bucks in a Miami Bank to resolve that, in US dollars of course. I use the term a couple of bucks loosely, let's just say a payment for premium service. Far better than I expected, a court wait of over two years was reduced to under 24 hours. Didn't expect that good of a service, expected more like two weeks. I did the money transfer at 3:00PM on a Thursday, all was done the following Friday morning. Now that is great service and well worth the price.

I see that the NSCIS also offers a premium service, but none for the I-751, if they did, would be more than happy to deposit a couple of bucks in even a Swiss bank account, worth it to me for peace of mind.

Non-documented persons are really getting a bad deal and the treatment is positively inhuman, know of a woman that was ran over by a tractor and crippled for life. She was instantly fired with no recourse, least private aid groups took care of her medical expenses. This is way beyond my comprehension as a human being as how many greedy people can be so inhumane to again, make a couple of bucks. Meat packing plants that were paying citizens 18 bucks an hour with workmans compensation and health insurance can now get by paying three bucks an hour, this is one reason the state is getting involved. Have you seen any decrease in the price of meat at your grocery store? It's criminal as to how they treat these people, but again, they are here, illegally.

Timeline
Not sure if it is a very good idea to say anything negative about an agency that is literally holding a rope around your neck. Just for sake of peace of mind, trying to find ways to expedite the process. Ha, wonder if I could redo the I-130 along with a new I-485, would be happy to pay the fee for peace of mind, and this time we would be married for longer than two years.

Wife must have her I-688B, but I believe that was dated and should be long expired by now.

We had similar delay problems in Venezuela, just took me depositing a couple of bucks in a Miami Bank to resolve that, in US dollars of course. I use the term a couple of bucks loosely, let's just say a payment for premium service. Far better than I expected, a court wait of over two years was reduced to under 24 hours. Didn't expect that good of a service, expected more like two weeks. I did the money transfer at 3:00PM on a Thursday, all was done the following Friday morning. Now that is great service and well worth the price.

I see that the NSCIS also offers a premium service, but none for the I-751, if they did, would be more than happy to deposit a couple of bucks in even a Swiss bank account, worth it to me for peace of mind.

Non-documented persons are really getting a bad deal and the treatment is positively inhuman, know of a woman that was ran over by a tractor and crippled for life. She was instantly fired with no recourse, least private aid groups took care of her medical expenses. This is way beyond my comprehension as a human being as how many greedy people can be so inhumane to again, make a couple of bucks. Meat packing plants that were paying citizens 18 bucks an hour with workmans compensation and health insurance can now get by paying three bucks an hour, this is one reason the state is getting involved. Have you seen any decrease in the price of meat at your grocery store? It's criminal as to how they treat these people, but again, they are here, illegally.

WOW ...starting all over again ? That's quite an extreme option ,I never thought somebody will even consider that .

You see a lot of people here dumping more money rushing with another application (N-400) just to have the -751 approved ...that's extreme too but to start all over again ???? I'm not sure I will be able to do that anymore .

Having a premium service for I-751 you think my change the situation ? I don't think so . Remember all the empty words and promises that they made when they increased the fee ? Did we see any better services ? Is it worst then before ? Very much so !

I honestly believe that this premium service will be just another money grab like we've seen so far with USCIS

Would I pay some extra $$$$$$$$ to have this application processed right away ? Definitely and that considering that I waited already 13+ months ,way more then what they claim in their website :

Q : When can I expect USCIS to process my case?

USCIS processes applications in the order they are received by application type. Due to the significant increase in the number of applications filed, processing times have been affected. As a result, average processing times for certain application types filed after June 1, 2007, may become longer. For example:

Naturalization applications may take approximately 16-18 months to process;

Family-based adjustment of status applications may take 10-12 months;

Immigrant petitions for relatives and workers may take 9-10 months.

Edited by iansig40

Timeline

This is interesting, I contacted my senator's office again for a follow through, was told the reason for why the NSC set the I-751 date way back is because they are no longer processing I-751's.

And that all the I-751's were transferred to the CSC, with processing dates 08/19/2007, the office told me we should have been informed of this transfer and with out date of 03/27/2007, our case should have been processed already. They asked me if we received any word about this, I said absolutely nothing. They are going to follow through for us and should get back to us in two weeks.

See what happens. The NSCIS could be a little more informative on moves like this, just takes one guy with a computer to update minor things like this.

Anyway, least for now, feel more hopeful.

Timeline
This is interesting, I contacted my senator's office again for a follow through, was told the reason for why the NSC set the I-751 date way back is because they are no longer processing I-751's.

And that all the I-751's were transferred to the CSC, with processing dates 08/19/2007, the office told me we should have been informed of this transfer and with out date of 03/27/2007, our case should have been processed already. They asked me if we received any word about this, I said absolutely nothing. They are going to follow through for us and should get back to us in two weeks.

See what happens. The NSCIS could be a little more informative on moves like this, just takes one guy with a computer to update minor things like this.

Anyway, least for now, feel more hopeful.

Are you sure about this?

Some people here are waiting since December 2006.

If they no longer deal with I-751 what happened to the old applications, they were disposed as garbage?

Who is your Senator?

Timeline

Russell D. Feingold, WI, he was going to run for president, but his wife is divorcing him, can't have that, can we? What I said is exactly what I heard. Have you contacted your senator? Would be nice to hear the same thing from different people.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.