5 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I sopke to NVC some few minutes ago, they told me that all my papers for my wife are fine. They told me they will send me the packet for her I can fill it out for her and she can just sign it. They said I have to send to them a photocopy of her passport, police report, birth certificate and marriage certificate. I ask them whether she will be going for interview at the Nigeria Embassy , they said no that she does not need that ,that this is a new thing they are doing. This is for CR1 visa. Has this happen to anybody b4. I spoke to them 5mins ago. I will get the package next week which is a new year. I am yet to get the DS 230 FORM FROM THEM. i JUST PAID FOR THE VISA.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

They are referring to the DS-230 packet in which case you will need to send the DS-230 coversheet that they will send you, a signed PART I DS-230 form and all other supporting documentation such as police certificate, etc. Please check the DOS link below and choose your embassy to find out the list of documents that will need to be submitted along with the DS-230.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3190.html

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I have read thousands of post and have not heard of a CR1 not having to have an interview with the embassy. If this is correct it would be wonderful news for you, since most of the wait is at the Lagos embassy. Please post if you here anything new or different.

I sopke to NVC some few minutes ago, they told me that all my papers for my wife are fine. They told me they will send me the packet for her I can fill it out for her and she can just sign it. They said I have to send to them a photocopy of her passport, police report, birth certificate and marriage certificate. I ask them whether she will be going for interview at the Nigeria Embassy , they said no that she does not need that ,that this is a new thing they are doing. This is for CR1 visa. Has this happen to anybody b4. I spoke to them 5mins ago. I will get the package next week which is a new year. I am yet to get the DS 230 FORM FROM THEM. i JUST PAID FOR THE VISA.

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello TeeJay,

Please let us know excatly what transpired with that conversation you had. Just as the other Poster mentioned that would really be a dream come true and actually would be too good to be true. Please PM me with the details because myself and so many others are still waiting for our NOA1

If interviews are no longer being held in lagos then I'm going to to have a major heart attach.

Please, please email me.

Thank you

I130

September 6, 2007-Sent I130

January 18, 2008-NOA1

February 24, 2008-Touched

April 14 & 15-Touched-RFE trick

May 23, 2008-Aproved!!!!!!!! (Thanks to the MAN above)

May 26, 2008-Touched (Holiday)

May 31st-Recvd Hard Copy in mail

I29F

February 18TH, 2008-NOA1

February 24TH, 2008-Touched

April, 14TH & 15TH-RFE trick

May 22, May 23rd -Touch, Touch

May 23-Approved!!!!!!! (Thanks to the MAN above)

May 26, 2008-Touched (Holiday!)

May 31ST-Recvd Hard Copy in mail

NVC

May 29TH, 2008-129F received at the NVC-YES!

May 30TH, 2008-130 received at the NVC

Consulate-June 3rd

INTERVIEW-August 27TH

Interview-PASSED WITHOUT ANY ISSUES-10 MINUTE INTERVIEW

SEPT 20TH-Arrived in NYC then to Charlotte-YEAH!!!

AOS

February 4TH-mailed I485 & I765

Feb 8TH, NOA 1 for both-Received Feb 5TH

March 4TH Biometrics done

March 19TH RECEIVED INTERVIEW LETTER-INTERVIEW DATE April 30TH at 9:30

April 13TH RECEIVED EAD... FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!

APRIL 14TH-GOING TO SS OFFICE TO ORDER SSCARD

April 19TH-SS card received

April 20TH-Lerners Permit obtained

April 30TH- AOS Passed-10 minute meeting, wouldn't call it an interview, very, very simple.

May 18TH=GREEN CARD RECEIVED

NEVER ABLE TO VIEW CASE ONLINE-SAME INVALID# MESSAGE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I am going to have a party, if that was a fact. Maybe even travel to Nigeria to tell my husband in person. The longest wait time is waiting for an appointment at the embassy. I know myangel has been waiting for 6 months now for an interview. Her so is not here and is waiting for that interview date to move forward.

Hello TeeJay,

Please let us know excatly what transpired with that conversation you had. Just as the other Poster mentioned that would really be a dream come true and actually would be too good to be true. Please PM me with the details because myself and so many others are still waiting for our NOA1

If interviews are no longer being held in lagos then I'm going to to have a major heart attach.

Please, please email me.

Thank you

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.