scottsvisa

Getting turned away at Point Of Entry is this likely?

12 posts in this topic

I am making a last minute choice to either fly to the US and risk getting turned away at Point of Entry or to hold it out in the Uk until my interview.

The thing is i would just get on a plane and fly right to the USA but i just called the US embassy to find out what is happening with my visa interview and also to find out if i was to fly to the US and get turned away would it effect my K1 visa they couldn't tell me anything about my application for my visa and they said they wouldn't fly to the USA at the moment as it would look like I didn't want to hang around for the results of my K1. and the man also said that it could drastically implicate my K1 visa but he couldn't actually tell me if it would directly effect it or not..

I would just like any advice has anyone ever got turned down at Point of Entry?? What happens??? Will it effect my K1??? I Have travelled to the US on the Visa Waver 4 times consecutively in the Past and this would be the last time that i would need to do it I just need to know what will happen if worst came to worst.

By the way i have no real ties to England my home so i cant take proof with me.

K-1 Visa

Event...................................Date

Service Center : .............Vermont Service Center

Consulate :.....................London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent :....................2007-05-17

I-129F NOA1 :..................2007-05-21

I-129F NOA2 :..................2007-08-17

NVC Received :................2007-08-24

Packet 3 Received :...... ..2007-09-10

Packet 3 Sent :............... .2007-11-15

Medical :...........................2007-11-23

Packet 4 Received :.........2008-01-28

Interview Date :................2008-02-12

Visa Received :.................2008-02-15

US Entry : .........................2008-02-16

Marriage : ........................2008-04-19

AOS

AOS I-485 : ......................2008-05-09

EAD I-765 : ......................2008-05-09

Biometrics : ....................2008-06-10

Transferred :.....................2008-08-08

Card production ordered:..2008-09-04

EAD arrived :....................2008-09-12

RFE Notice :....................2008-10-08

Got VISA :........................2008-11-09

ROC

ROC I-751 : .....................2010-08-17

NOA 1.....: .......................2010-08-20

BIO.......: ..........................2010-11-

Approved..: .....................2010-12-03

N-400

Date Filed: ......................2019-07-09

Biometrics:.....................2019-08-01

You obviously stand a chance of getting turned away at POE as does anyone who tries to enter the US. I have a similar problem with ties to the UK as I don't have a permanent job (I am temping) and I live with my mum so I don't have any rental agreement!! When I go in February I am going to take my return ticket (obviously) along with my NOA1/NOA2 to show that I am going through the proper visa process and therefore would not want to jeopardise this by overstaying my welcome etc. I am also going to talk to my employer where I am temping and ask them to write a letter saying when they are expecting me to return :)

You can also go through US immigration in Dublin or Shannon which might make things a bit easier - if nothing else, if you get turned away then at least you don't have to fly all the way back across the Atlantic :) And from what I have heard, being turned away at POE should not affect your visa process :)

Hope this helps! Let us know how you get on :)

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

I am making a last minute choice to either fly to the US and risk getting turned away at Point of Entry or to hold it out in the Uk until my interview.

The thing is i would just get on a plane and fly right to the USA but i just called the US embassy to find out what is happening with my visa interview and also to find out if i was to fly to the US and get turned away would it effect my K1 visa they couldn't tell me anything about my application for my visa and they said they wouldn't fly to the USA at the moment as it would look like I didn't want to hang around for the results of my K1. and the man also said that it could drastically implicate my K1 visa but he couldn't actually tell me if it would directly effect it or not..

I would just like any advice has anyone ever got turned down at Point of Entry?? What happens??? Will it effect my K1??? I Have travelled to the US on the Visa Waver 4 times consecutively in the Past and this would be the last time that i would need to do it I just need to know what will happen if worst came to worst.

By the way i have no real ties to England my home so i cant take proof with me.

I am pretty sure while you have a K1 in process you do stand a high chance of getting denied entry...I personally would NOt take the chance because it will affect your visa as u have no strong ties to UK also i know that the Consulate in London do NOT look on this lightly! I asked a Consulate Officer in London if i could travel to US while the visa process was ongoing he said NO i had to remain in my own country so if it were me i would NOT even try to enter USA at this present time, it's not worth it because getting a denied entry will cause a lot probs in the future beleieve me i know i have been through it !

:)The time will pass and you and your fiance will be together :) Just hang in there :)

Michelle :)

:time:

Also I know plenty of people who have had no problems at all... :)

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I have heard of several UKers who were turned away at POE yet went on to successfully obtain their K1 visas. I have never heard of anyone getting denied a K1 visa because of a POE denial. If you're willing to risk wasting the money, go for it. You might get lucky with the long holiday lines and get waved through. I also know several UKers who last year with NOA2s in hand were allowed entry to the US with out incident. It could go wither way. A lot does hinge on how much time you've spent in the US. If you've come over on the VWP for 2 or 3 near 90 day visits, you are more likely to be turned away. But at the end of the day as to what will happen when you present yourself to immigrations is anyone's guess!

Good luck! And Merry Christmas!!

Ahhh - julez!! Don't make me freak!!! Although I haven't been over since April this year so I am still holding out hope for February... *gulps*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline

We've never had a problem with POE, and Fred has visited 4 times this year, twice while the K-1 was in process. He brought all these ties, a letter from his employer, all the K-1 documents we had, and nothing ever came up ever. He just said he was either on vacation or visiting friends at POE (Chicago all four times) and other than a couple of other questions like how long are you staying and how long was your last stay, they stamped his passport and wished him a good trip. We worried about it until the point we felt sick, and it was always fine. No mention of the K-1 came up ever.

K-1 Timeline

04/26/07 - I-129F sent

05/23/07 - NOA1

09/07/07 - NOA2

10/09/07 - NVC

10/20/07 - Packet 3

10/27/07 - Packet 4

11/07/07 - Medical

12/11/07 - Interview

12/25/07 - POE Chicago

AOS Timeline

01/18/08 - Wedding

01/24/08 - AOS Packet Sent

01/27/08 - NOAs for AOS, EAD, and AP

03/27/08 - AP Received

05/01/08 - EAD Received

08/06/08 - RFE for I-485

08/18/08 - Case Resumed

08/26/08 - Card Production Ordered (no interview)

08/29/08 - Welcome Letter Received

09/02/08 - Green Card Received

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Ahhh - julez!! Don't make me freak!!! Although I haven't been over since April this year so I am still holding out hope for February... *gulps*

Aly - you will be fine!!!!! I also am hoping you can get everything sorted in time for you to have your real wedding in February!! Keep the faith!

Haha - not expecting it with the dire CSC-NVC times!!! :lol:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

MY fiance just came over this last sunday, and arrived at Immigration and the exchange went as follows:

Officer: Passport and Landing Card.

Pete: *hands over*

Officer: *swipes* Huh. Left finger, please.

Pete: *submits to fingerprint scan*

Officer: *hands back passport with a scowl and waves him in*

Not even, how long are you planning on staying, anything!

So, bring whatever proof you can, but I think you'll be fine. It probably helps if you've been going back and forth frequently and always go home on time (before 90 days) but it cant' hurt to enter via Ireland!

My Timeline

Summer 2005 - Introduced online by a mutual friend

December 2005- Meet face to face. Mark 12/20 official start date.

June 9, 2007 - NOA1 from VSC

February 20, 2008 - APPROVED!!!

February 21, 2008 - paperwork forwarded to NVC.

February 27, 2008 - paperwork sent to Consulate.

March 6, 2008 - Packet 3 recieved.

March 19, 2008 - Packet 3 returned. (minus checklist!)

April 21, 2008 - Returned checklist. All Packet 3 in London.

May 7, 2008 - Medical.

May 30, 2008 - Interview. APPROVED.

July 27, 2008 - Arrives in US.

August 8, 2008 - Legal Wedding

AOS:

Sent: 10/17/08

Notice of Receipt: 10/23/08

I-765 - Rejected: 10/22/08

I-765 Resubmitted: 11/5/08

I485 RFE (for already submitted documents): 11/10/08

Biometrics appointment: 11/14/08

RFE returned: 11/15/08

Transferred to CSC: 5/15/09

Card Production ordered: 7/28/09

:lol: That's great!! I always feel like I am under fire - maybe it is just LAX?! I think I am perhaps worrying a little more than I need to but it can't hurt to be prepared - I think I feel confident enough in the system that I can justify my entry into the US!! :D

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.