blah0323

Being real about marriage!!!

244 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I am a Nigeria and I speak the truth. Marrying a Nigerian man is very risky for a non-nigerian, especially if you are an american. 99.9% of Nigeria men marry American wife for the green card, that is the way it is and nothing can change that. Nigerians will do anything to come to america, even if it to sleep with a dog. Until they come here, they are very nice, some will even lick the sole of your feet, which by the way nigerian men dont do. Once they are here and they get their green card, then you will start seeing the changes. I am saying this as a warning to those that are not married yet to their nigerian boyfriends be careful, so they no what they are getting into. The devil you know is better than the saints you dont know, trust me.

Again with your negativity??? You should not speak so disrespectfully about your countrymen. Remember where you come from, your father is a Nigerian Man. And refering to American Women as dogs is really out of line. You have some unresolved issues, and you need to get some perspective about life. Please stop making enemies here this forum can be very helpful.

God Bless

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
No! I didn't say anything like this. "And refering to American Women as dogs is really out of line" Pls dont get me wrong.

"Nigerians will do anything to come to america, even if it to sleep with a dog."

that is what you said, how are we to interpret that???

I am not going to rehash this, let it go.

God Bless

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Marrying a Nigerian man is very risky for a non-nigerian, especially if you are an american. 99.9% of Nigeria men marry American wife for the green card, that is the way it is and nothing can change that. Nigerians will do anything to come to america, even if it to sleep with a dog.

99.9%??? Where did you get that figure? Has it been professionally researched? Is it published somewhere?

Never had myself referred to as a dog before . . . :P

I-129F

11/15/2007 = Package sent overnight Fedex to CSC

11/16/2007 = Package arrived at CSC

11/21/2007 = NOA1 (according to www.uscis.gov online case status)

11/26/2007 = Check cashed (YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!)

11/28/2007 = Touched

11/30/2007 = Rec'd NOA1 hard copy in the mail

12/20/2007 = Touched

12/21/2007 = Touched

03/12/2008 = Touched (due to phone call)

03/24/2008 = NOA2!!!!!!!!!

03/25/2008 = Touched

04/23/2008 = Touched

05/05/2008 = Arrived at Consulate

05/12/2008 = Picked up Packets 3 & 4

06/24/2008 = Interview Date and APPROVAL

07/02/2008 = Picked up Visa at Embassy

07/05/2008 = Arrival in the U.S.!!!!!!!!! Met at POE in ATLANTA

07/06/2008 = Fly back to Salt Lake City Together!!!!

08/06/2008 = MARRIED TODAY!!!

AOS & EAD

08/23/2008 = Package sent via USPS with Signature Confirmation

08/25/2008 = Package arrived in Chicago

08/26/2008 = Check cashed

09/02/2008 = NOA1 for EAD and AOS received in the mail.

4400355_bodyshot_300x400.gif4400923_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

It’s amazing that a fellow country-man could make such a derogatory statement about his brethren. It could be right that marrying a Nigerian is skeptical and fearful but we must understand that marriage itself is an institution of uncertainty especially when it’s cross-cultural marriage.

Although many Nigerians desire to leave their dear country in search for a greener pastures but I believe they can never lick the shoes of their petitioner nor sleep with dog to get access to the boarders of the United States of America. Of course there are Nigerian that are scammers and wish to get the almighty Green Card just like many citizens of other countries that believe American is the only land of opportunity. So also there are genuine Nigerian searching for a “good wife “to marry. Some of the petitioners do not portray an exemplary character nor can they be counted among the league of good wives hence the marital problems.

We must understand that in every relationship there are ups and down but before you commit yourself to marrying either a Nigerian or a foreigner, you will have to work twice as hard compare to marrying someone from your own country.

This is about a month that I’m living in the United State and I have come to realize that our culture back home (Nigeria) is quite different from the culture here. It takes big patience, perseverance, understanding and love for any man from Africa to cope with their wife here in the United States of America. It’s like relocating to a new world that is different from what you are familiar with: The culture shock, environmental difference, the food, the people, life styles, mode of communication (no sign of respect unlike Nigeria), freedom and personal right to do whatever you wish etc.. All these differences could change your mentality and if possible your feelings about your new bride either positively or negatively. But for those that are in love with their fiancée even before they arrive the United State could even wax stronger when the heat of marriages arise but some beneficiaries including those from Nigeria have a pre-determined intention of what they want from the union. For this reason, every intended couples whether Nigerians or not should first research the motive/intention behind the union and spend quality time either on phone (recommended), emails or visitation knowing the personality behind the person they want to marry. This is very important for a successful and blissful marital relationship.

In conclusion, it’s imperative to note that every unsuccessful relationship with a Nigerian is not a function of his originality but his personality or the character/attitude of his petitioner.

April 8, 2007 - Visited the love of my life in Nigeria

April 10, 2007 - Engaged

May 21, 2007 - Sent Package to VSC

May 24, 2007 - NOA1 receipt date

August 10, 2007 - Visited the love of my life in Nigeria (again...stayed three weeks)

September 1, 2007 - arrived back in the States

November 5, 2007 - approved!!!

November 6, 2007 - touched

November 9, 2007 - received paper NOA2

November 9, 2007 - NVC forwarded case to consulate

November 15, 2007 - received letter from NVC

November 19, 2007 - fiance has interview date and corresponding forms

December 15, 2007 - Purchase Ticket

January 8, 2008- interview at consulate (approved!)

January 18, 2008- pick up visa

January 19, 2008 - POE (JFK)

February 14, 2008 - married on V-day!

AOS/EAD:

March 14, 2008 - applied for AOS/EAD

March 16, 2008 - AOS/EAD Received

March 20, 2008 - (AOS/EAD) NOA1 Received

March 27, 2008 - Received biometric Appointment

April 8, 2008 - I485 Application transfered to California Service Center

April 11, 2008- Biometrics taken

April 16, 2008 - Touched (AOS Transfered)

May 07, 2008 - Touched

May 08, 2008 - Touched

May 09, 2008 - Touched

May 12, 2008 - Touched

May 13, 2008 - Touched

May 14, 2008 - Touched(EAD card production ordered)

May 19, 2008 - Touched(EAD Approved)

May 19, 2008 - (AOS) Touched

May 19, 2008 - EAD card received!!!

June 05, 2008 - Touched(AOS Card production ordered)

June 09, 2008 - AOS approval notice sent

June 12, 2008 - Green Card received in mail

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
It’s amazing that a fellow country-man could make such a derogatory statement about his brethren. It could be right that marrying a Nigerian is skeptical and fearful but we must understand that marriage itself is an institution of uncertainty especially when it’s cross-cultural marriage.

Although many Nigerians desire to leave their dear country in search for a greener pastures but I believe they can never lick the shoes of their petitioner nor sleep with dog to get access to the boarders of the United States of America. Of course there are Nigerian that are scammers and wish to get the almighty Green Card just like many citizens of other countries that believe American is the only land of opportunity. So also there are genuine Nigerian searching for a “good wife “to marry. Some of the petitioners do not portray an exemplary character nor can they be counted among the league of good wives hence the marital problems.

We must understand that in every relationship there are ups and down but before you commit yourself to marrying either a Nigerian or a foreigner, you will have to work twice as hard compare to marrying someone from your own country.

This is about a month that I’m living in the United State and I have come to realize that our culture back home (Nigeria) is quite different from the culture here. It takes big patience, perseverance, understanding and love for any man from Africa to cope with their wife here in the United States of America. It’s like relocating to a new world that is different from what you are familiar with: The culture shock, environmental difference, the food, the people, life styles, mode of communication (no sign of respect unlike Nigeria), freedom and personal right to do whatever you wish etc.. All these differences could change your mentality and if possible your feelings about your new bride either positively or negatively. But for those that are in love with their fiancée even before they arrive the United State could even wax stronger when the heat of marriages arise but some beneficiaries including those from Nigeria have a pre-determined intention of what they want from the union. For this reason, every intended couples whether Nigerians or not should first research the motive/intention behind the union and spend quality time either on phone (recommended), emails or visitation knowing the personality behind the person they want to marry. This is very important for a successful and blissful marital relationship.

In conclusion, it’s imperative to note that every unsuccessful relationship with a Nigerian is not a function of his originality but his personality or the character/attitude of his petitioner.

Thank you for this wonderful post!!!! I agree with much of what you say. I agree that having a cross-cultural marriage can make things more difficult. However, I truly believe that the attitudes and personalities of both the husband and wife have a greater effect on the success of the marriage. I know that things are difficult when living in a foreign country.

Both partners need to come into the marriage with the determination to work through the hard things together. And they need to try to not be selfish. Communication is a key factor in a successful marriage!!!

I-129F

11/15/2007 = Package sent overnight Fedex to CSC

11/16/2007 = Package arrived at CSC

11/21/2007 = NOA1 (according to www.uscis.gov online case status)

11/26/2007 = Check cashed (YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!)

11/28/2007 = Touched

11/30/2007 = Rec'd NOA1 hard copy in the mail

12/20/2007 = Touched

12/21/2007 = Touched

03/12/2008 = Touched (due to phone call)

03/24/2008 = NOA2!!!!!!!!!

03/25/2008 = Touched

04/23/2008 = Touched

05/05/2008 = Arrived at Consulate

05/12/2008 = Picked up Packets 3 & 4

06/24/2008 = Interview Date and APPROVAL

07/02/2008 = Picked up Visa at Embassy

07/05/2008 = Arrival in the U.S.!!!!!!!!! Met at POE in ATLANTA

07/06/2008 = Fly back to Salt Lake City Together!!!!

08/06/2008 = MARRIED TODAY!!!

AOS & EAD

08/23/2008 = Package sent via USPS with Signature Confirmation

08/25/2008 = Package arrived in Chicago

08/26/2008 = Check cashed

09/02/2008 = NOA1 for EAD and AOS received in the mail.

4400355_bodyshot_300x400.gif4400923_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

"dont get me wrong i didn't say all nigerian men, i said 99.9%. I am talking about nigerian men becos i know them."

I have tried and I have prayed but my patience and endurance could not stand to see this homophia continue. I am a Nigerian man and very proud to be so. You say you are wise, and you say that Nigerian men are dogs (99.9%), you say also that you know them very well. Now lets see, what made you get to know almost the entire population of Nigerian men? Maybe its somebody(you) :angry: else who is a dog. people who say stuff like you, do that because they would do so if given the opportunity. By the way you write, i know that you were not born here. So how did you get your own green card? They gave it to you as a Goodwill Ambassador to the UN? :whistle:

We are supposed to be here to support and help :help: each other positively. If you want to talk about any personal experiences, then go ahead and tell your story. Please do not lump all Nigerian men as dogs. Maybe you have family members who have told you they would sleep with dogs to come to America, then please be clear on that.

Enough is enough :whistle::innocent:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My husband to be is Nigerian. We met though his cousin, who is a USC living near me. Does he want to live here when we marry , yes. Is the reason to marry me so he can do that. In a way yes. He has tried several times to come here. The diversity visa, visitors visa, business visas. He tried because it is his dream to come here. Years ago a girlfriend moved to Germany and offered to bring him there but his heart is set on coming here.

That being said, we do love each other. If marrying meant living in Nigeria then we would. In fact our future plans involve spending significant amount of time there each year. Nigeria is a country of great physical beauty. If the country ever figures out how to become a more presentable place, it will have the prospects of a good tourist trade.

Yes there are Nigerians that plot and scheme to leave Nigeria to look for better places. Young men will marry woman older than their own parents. Nigerians will marry and profess undyling love for partners they have no attraction for to get out. But there are people that will do that even here in the states. They will lie to a partner to climb whatever ladder they wish. You have to examine a relationship before signing on the dotted line. But that is not the anerican way. We rush into it . We know we can always divorce and try again and again.

Just as we here in the US hear things about Nigerians and their ill intents in marrying there are rumors of American women there. I was asked if it is true that in a fight the woman always calls the police to remove the man and make him into a criminal. Each person must take personal responsibility to look out for themselves and to know what they are getting into.

First visit:2007-09-12 to 2008-09-23

I-129F Sent : 2007-11-24

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-11-30

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-03-31

NVC Received : 2008-04-21

NVC Left : 2008-04-23

Consulate Received : 2008-04-28

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-20

Interivew date : 2008-08-07 CO asks inappropraite questions

His father died: 2008-08-18

Retain Marc Ellis 2008-09

Visited Nigeria again: 2008-11-12

petitioned returned to CSC :2008-11-27

returned to USA 2008-12-13

His father buried 2009-01-03

picks up K1 visa Nov 2009

Marriage Dec 2009

take throne as Igwe /Lolo 2010 or 2011

Timeline

Theone...your post reaks of jealousy and ignorance. You say you know Nigerian men and 99.9% of them are dogs and are marrying only for a greencard? Wow, you really get around! You have been thru alot of men to know they are all dogs! Maybe you are one of those women my nigerian friends have told me about. One that will not give a fellow nigerian man the time of day unless he has money! One that sleeps around and uses men for what they can get from them instead of seeing them for their true character. One who won't even consider a man who does not have wealth or come from wealth. One who looks at outer appearances instead of inner beauty. One who is greedy, materialistic, selfish, and pathetic. Hmmm...does that sound familiar? Oh sorry...maybe I am generalizing that 99.9% of nigerian women are like that! :whistle:

I feel sorry for you if 99.9% of the nigerian men you know that marry an american, are dogs! Because 99.9% of nigerian men I know are NOT dogs, nor did they marry for the greencard! Granted you probably know more nigerians than I do, but obviously you hang out "with the wrong crowd".

So in closing just let me say... about 69.9% of American men are dogs! So I guess us women are the ones "sleeping with a dog". :yes: (Yes..I've done the research :yes:;) )

Theone...plz go away with your ridiculous comments. Stop hatin and start appreciatin!

Timeline
I have tried and I have prayed but my patience and endurance could not stand to see this homophia continue. I am a Nigerian man and very proud to be so. You say you are wise, and you say that Nigerian men are dogs (99.9%), you say also that you know them very well. Now lets see, what made you get to know almost the entire population of Nigerian men? Maybe its somebody(you) :angry: else who is a dog. people who say stuff like you, do that because they would do so if given the opportunity. By the way you write, i know that you were not born here. So how did you get your own green card? They gave it to you as a Goodwill Ambassador to the UN? :whistle:

We are supposed to be here to support and help :help: each other positively. If you want to talk about any personal experiences, then go ahead and tell your story. Please do not lump all Nigerian men as dogs. Maybe you have family members who have told you they would sleep with dogs to come to America, then please be clear on that.

Enough is enough :whistle::innocent:

Thank you ma brotha! (You must in the .1%..hahahaha) I hope more proud nigerian men stand up for their integrity. Maybe some of u need to rally your SO's to voice their opinions too!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.