knowledge

Medical at last minute, which one Medysis or Seiden?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I have to do a check test that might take 3 weeks approx and have to make the best decision in regards to what to do: call 1st the official dr and which one is the most efficient..are they helpful in this matter...I heard that Seiden is questionnable...is this true?...

So, should i call 1 of them 1st or do my test before in any medical center and then go with the results to him.

Also another issue, i can not bring medical records because they are destroyed it seems after 5 years. (i'm not a dr follower, obviously). On the instructions they request previous medical records, immunization, etc. I only have copies of blood tests that i've asked copies in the past. What to do??

Thanks a lot!!!

CR-1, VT- Canada

I-130:

25 Aug 06 - Sent I-130 (a Friday)

28 Aug 06 - NOA1 & Certif. receipt returned ( a Monday) Day 1

29 Aug 06 - USCIS cashes check

30 Aug 06 - check cleared & 1ST TOUCH.

01 Sept 06 - NOA1 recvd by Mail

09 Sept 06 - 2ND TOUCH (a Saturday)

09 Mai 07 - NOA2 (2 e-mails)

Note: were told the long delay due to huge backlog and internal changes in VT

NVC :

04-June-07 - NVC generates DS-3032 & AOS bill

12-June-07 - AOS Bill payment sent/ alien receives DS-3032 form (by mail, dated 4th June)

13-June-07 - Alien sends back completed DS-3032 (by mail)/ rcvd 19th of June approx.

To mid July-07 - I-864 form sent completed and IV fee bill

19-July-07 NVC rcv I-864 form; mail signature rcvd.

22-Aug-07 Ds-230 with documents sent to NVC.

20-Sep - 07 Alien sends NVC Missing document. NVC receives it the 25th.

05-Oct - 07 NVC completed.

16-Jan - 08 Interview, 3 questions asked, visa approved same day, received 1week later approx.

Note: delay due to internal delay, missing document (not rfe) and self procrastination of understanding some abstract terms. C Post not at all reliable (delivery duration, delivery with signature (did not deliver personnaly), and delivery of interview letter rcvd after the interview).

In USA:

01-03-08 POE Entry in USA

...-03-08 2 Welcome in America letters and green card received.

"What I know is that I know nothing"

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I have to do a check test that might take 3 weeks approx and have to make the best decision in regards to what to do: call 1st the official dr and which one is the most efficient..are they helpful in this matter...I heard that Seiden is questionnable...is this true?...

So, should i call 1 of them 1st or do my test before in any medical center and then go with the results to him.

Also another issue, i can not bring medical records because they are destroyed it seems after 5 years. (i'm not a dr follower, obviously). On the instructions they request previous medical records, immunization, etc. I only have copies of blood tests that i've asked copies in the past. What to do??

Thanks a lot!!!

They're both about the same. Dr. Seiden does mornings only (M,W 7:00A-8:00A) and Medisys (Dr. Seit) does afternoons (T,R 12:45P-2:30P). Both are about the same from what I hear. I used Medisys for my parents after hearing things about Seiden (FP wasn't a big fan of his) but I don't think it matters. If you can get to your doctor and get all the vaccinations done, it will save time and money. Panel physicians accept immunization records only. They must do the x-ray and blood tests themselves. If you've gone some time without a check-up then go to your family physician and do all the same tests done so you won't face any surprises. Take whatever you have to the panel physician.

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

What do you mean you heard things about Seiden? I am getting scared now, I had my medial there.

04-21-2006 | Marriage in Santa Ana, CA

I-130 Process

06-29-2006 | Mailed to CSC

08-23-2006 | Was told application was rejected & sent back

08-30-2006 | Recieved rejected package

09-01-2006 | Resubmitted I-130

09-08-2006 | NOA1 (now that's more like it)

09-13-2006 | Recieved NOA1 in the mail

12-19-2006 | Recieved email RFE

12-20-2006 | Recieved RFE in mail

12-22-2006 | Sent out RFE info

01-09-2007 | NOA2 Email received!

I-130 at NVC

01-24-2007 | Case Number Assigned

02-06-2007 | Emailed DS-3032 COA

02-09-2007 | NVC confirms COA in email

02-20-2007 | DS3032 & AOS Fee Bill Mailed

02-26-2007 | Received DS3032 and AOS Fee Bill

02-28-2007 | Mailed AOS Fee Bill and check

03-13-2007 | I-864 received

03-21-2007 | I-864 sent

05-16-2007 | IV Bill resent from NVC (never got the first)

06-02-2007 | IV Bill received

06-05-2007 | IV Bill payment sent

06-26-2007 | Received DS230

06-29-2007 | Mailed DS230 to NVC

08-15-2007 | NVC process complete but was sent back to US CIS (#@$%#$% this sucks)

11-08-2007 | I-130 returned to NVC

11-08-2007 | Requested expedited interview due to daughters illness

11-21-2007 | NVC approved expedited interview. Mailed to Montreal Embassy Nov 20th

I-129F Process

10-18-2006 | Nailed to Chicago SC

10-24-2006 | NOA1

10-27-2006 | Recieved NOA1 in the mail

11-09-2006 | Touched - Got email that they transfered to CSC

11-15-2006 | Touched - Got email that they received it at CSC

09-14-2007 | NOA2 email received (friggin about time)

09-18-2007 | NOA2 Letter received in mail

Don't go to the St. Clair one!~~~~

they don't have the x-ray machine on site so after you're done there, you have to go to another location

Got to the one on Front St.

vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
What do you mean you heard things about Seiden? I am getting scared now, I had my medial there.

My FP put it this way, Seiden may have written for the (Toronto) Star but he's no star. Liz is right about having to go a few blocks up the street to go to the Medisys x-ray facility. In the end, I don't think it matters where you go. Seiden should be OK but I took my parents to see Seit at Medisys. Afternoon appointments versus one-stop shopping.

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline

I called Wednesday for a appointment at Medysis, and they had one available the next day.

However I could not do that (i am still working) so their next appointment was Jan 15....

That might make a difference to you.

Feb 5 - lawyer sent in i 130 application.

march 28 -got the I-797 Notice of action for I 129F

May 8 - they sent 797 notice of action -a sking for information

June 20 - I 130 approved

July 31 - Fees paid and 168 affidavit of support sent

October 6 - They request more information - for CR1

October 18 - lawyer sent to them

November 2 case completed from NVC

November 16 - congressman calls - waiting for interview date

December 12 - congressman calls - interview has been set

Jan 29 INTERVIEW IN MONTREAL!!!

Missing some steps.. but getting there :)

Filed: Timeline

I'm not really following what you're referring to with regard to a "check test", but here's my input based on what I think you might mean.....

I chose Medisys in place of Seiden due to the difficulty of getting into Toronto during early morning rush hour. Plus, I had an uneasy feeling about Seiden and I tend to follow my instincts. Having said that, I would recommend Seiden over Medisys due to the simple fact that Medisys will not give you a copy of your medical and vaccination worksheet, and I believe I've heard that Seiden will. You absolutely require a copy of the DS-3025 Vaccination Worksheet for the Adjustment of Status (AOS) process.

WRT the vaccinations.... it is cheaper to visit your GP (or walk-in clinic) than have them done by the Panel Physician. Take a copy of this Immunization Requirements document and your doctor will take it from there. Make sure they provide you with a record of your immunizations. In my case it was as simple as the Dr jotting down my immunizations on a prescription pad.

iagree.gif

Timeline

Boy, thank you guys so much for your help: IR5, LIz, Krikit. I'm just embarrassed of being so in late with this, due to some emergency family matters, that just couldn't take care of this medical stuff..even writing it here....Now i have to rush like hell, i see with the vaccines timeframe and a test (sorry not check test) to be cleared, (nothing important now (i hope) but only in matter of time delays) takes time...

I don't have a family physician, that's the big issue...so i just have to phone and find one that will accept the fast run i need...Public health centers are slow around here....but still, who knows, i'm open to anything...just have to find the fastest one...

Hubby advised to call one of the official dr assigned to ask what to do but if i have to do extra exams (the famous test) i'm not so hot to pay extra money right?? Anyone knows or experienced any extra exam's costs at Seiden or Medysis?

Thank you again very much!

CR-1, VT- Canada

I-130:

NVC :

12-June-07 - AOS Bill payment sent/ alien receives DS-3032 form (by mail, dated 4th June)

13-June-07 - Alien sends back completed DS-3032 (by mail)/ rcvd 19th of June approx.

16-Jan - 08 Interview, 3 questions asked, visa approved same day, received 1week later approx.

Note: delay due to internal delay, missing document (not rfe) and self procrastination of understanding some abstract terms. C Post not at all reliable (delivery duration, delivery with signature (did not deliver personnaly), and delivery of interview letter rcvd after the interview).

In USA:

Timeline
I called Wednesday for a appointment at Medysis, and they had one available the next day.

However I could not do that (i am still working) so their next appointment was Jan 15....

That might make a difference to you.

Wow! huge difference yes!! thanks!!!

CR-1, VT- Canada

I-130:

NVC :

In USA:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.