CoffeeVegan

Recent case transfer

85 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Camelot13 said:

I think you're right. It was a combo of the officer not being aware of what should have happened at my husband's N400 interview and then everyone telling us that his application was still in Missouri and that we would just have to wait until whenever it came up to process. Sadly, that was the worst advice because it was wrong in their system and we could have waited forever and nothing would have changed. Anyone else who has a similar situation, the best thing to do is to educate yourself on policy and process, keep going in to speak with the local office and advocate for yourself using that knowledge. It's good to know that it really is at the local field office after being in Missouri and I'm so happy it's back on track, but a needless delay that could have ended up a lot worse. 

Indeed. So specifically what i heard is that it goes to nbc when you supposed to get scheduled interview date then goes back to your local office and should be available on the day of your n400 interview to be adjudicated together. Think about it why would they send to nbc( missouri) and then 2 months later people get n400 interview? Is because NBC triggered that interview to make process faster. Is not supposed to be for delays and tell people oh no 4978182 more months now .. Just doesn't make sense. Anyway I will update everyone here on my interview once I'm done with it and hopefully passed it. In case they try to move me around which I hope not as I will fight for my rights on this, I will be contacting my senator or representative regardless of los angeles being huge.

• 2 weeks later...

Evening all, 

I am still waiting on my N400 Oath date, despite being approved April 2nd 2018. I put a service request in for out of processing time, and was told I should hear by 30 days from 21st June 2018. which would be today, obviously today is a Saturday, so I am not expecting to hear today. I will call USCIS on Monday and see what they can advise, this whole process is frustrating, I applied for ROC over 2 years ago, and still not heard anything. 

It sounds like so many of us are encountering issues. We were told at our last infopass on July 11 that the officer had handed our ROC to the person doing the interview scheduling and that it would be scheduled the following day, then we would be getting a letter about it and would have an interview to finally wrap up the ROC on Aug 2 or 3. Well...our status never changed and we haven't received a letter yet. Then we got a letter from our eservice inquiry, which we submitted at the start of July separate from the infopass saying that our ROC was waiting to be scheduled for an interview and we'd get a notice within 60 days. From others' stories on here, sounds like their standard line is now "Wait 30-60 days and check back". 

05/14: We were married!!

06/04/14: Finally marriage license was recorded & we got a copy

06/05/14: AOS package mailed via Fed Ex overnight to USCIS Chicago Lockbox

06/06/14: (Day 00) Confirmation of delivery & receipt date recorded by USCIS

06/11/14: (Day 05) NOA 1 Hard copy of receipt received

06/13/14: (Day 07) Form I-797C received, Biometrics appointment scheduled for July 8

07/01/14: RFE for co-sponsor salary and tax info, which was already sent with original package. Resent a copy on 07/08/14.

07/08/14: (Day 32) Biometrics appt.

08/10/14: (Day 65) Noticed that USCIS status has changed from Initial Review to Testing & Interview!

08/21/14: (Day 76) Received EAD/AP in the mail!

09/25/14: (Day 111) Email notice with interview date set for OCT. 29!

10/29/14: (Day 145) Interview day - APPROVED!!!

09/21/16: Mailed in I-751 Removal of Conditions

10/14/16: Biometrics appointment

8/8/17: Mailed N-400 Naturalization Application

8/15/17: USCIS texted that they've received N-400

9/8/17: Scheduled for biometrics 

10/11/17: In Line to be Scheduled for N-400 Interview
6/23/18: N400 Interview (recommended for approval pending I751)

8/1/18: I751 Interview - approved

I have just spoken with the USCIS call centre. They told me that my filing office are still processing cases from 5th March 2017 (10 weeks before my application was submitted) for N400, and I should expect to wait another 2-3 months before I hear back. This despite, after my interview I was told that i was approved and I should hear back in 120 days and if not to place a service request after 90 days. The person then advised that I am probably being held up due to my I-751 RoC and despite the fact my case was moved to a different office that I could I am still within processing times, and it could be another 10 months to hear about my RoC. A complete farce from start to finish. I requested to speak with a Tier 2 officer, so am waiting for a call back.... 

Hi @NC1987, I spoke too soon the other day. So we received this letter about our "out of processing time" eservice request for the ROC that said it was pending scheduling an interview and to wait 60 days, which wasn't what we'd been told by an officer at our Infopass appt. Well, the Infopass info was correct because yesterday we received an interview notice for the ROC for Aug 1. I wanted to respond because it sounds like you're experiencing exactly what we experienced. So the USCIS call center, even the Tier 2 officer, told us that our ROC file was in Missouri at the NVC and that we'd just have to wait which could take 10-15 months. This seemed frustrating and a bit off to me, so we scheduled that Infopass appt where the officer went into the back room, dug around, and found our ROC file. It was at the local office the whole time, but somehow wasn't logged in their computer system that way and the note said we'd had ROC and N400 interviews set up together (we were supposed to have them together, but they ended up not doing the ROC at the N400 interview), which just wasn't true. So there was nothing in the system that would have fixed the issue if we hadn't gone there in person and if the officer hadn't located our file. If this seems to be the case for you, you might want to schedule an Infopass at your field office and see if they can double check if your ROC file is actually there. 

Edited by Camelot13

06/13/14: (Day 07) Form I-797C received, Biometrics appointment scheduled for July 8

07/01/14: RFE for co-sponsor salary and tax info, which was already sent with original package. Resent a copy on 07/08/14.

08/10/14: (Day 65) Noticed that USCIS status has changed from Initial Review to Testing & Interview!

9 hours ago, Camelot13 said:

Hi @NC1987, I spoke too soon the other day. So we received this letter about our "out of processing time" eservice request for the ROC that said it was pending scheduling an interview and to wait 60 days, which wasn't what we'd been told by an officer at our Infopass appt. Well, the Infopass info was correct because yesterday we received an interview notice for the ROC for Aug 1. I wanted to respond because it sounds like you're experiencing exactly what we experienced. So the USCIS call center, even the Tier 2 officer, told us that our ROC file was in Missouri at the NVC and that we'd just have to wait which could take 10-15 months. This seemed frustrating and a bit off to me, so we scheduled that Infopass appt where the officer went into the back room, dug around, and found our ROC file. It was at the local office the whole time, but somehow wasn't logged in their computer system that way and the note said we'd had ROC and N400 interviews set up together (we were supposed to have them together, but they ended up not doing the ROC at the N400 interview), which just wasn't true. So there was nothing in the system that would have fixed the issue if we hadn't gone there in person and if the officer hadn't located our file. If this seems to be the case for you, you might want to schedule an Infopass at your field office and see if they can double check if your ROC file is actually there. 

Evening, thanks for the advice. I am going to book an infopass appointment in the early hours, as there is never any availability. I would have expected the RoC when I was interviewed for citizenship, but after being approved and told I should hear back in 10 days it kind of passed my mind. Is it best to ask the officer to see if they have the ROC file in Orlando? The tier 2 officer advised me yesterday that he could see it had been moved and was in the new juridiscation. He also told me that they sent me a letter on Saturday and I should receive it soon, I assume it will be just telling me what I already know ''within normal processing times'' zzz.

We didn't specifically ask whether they had the file at the local office. When we went there, we were under the impression that our file was still at the NVC in Missouri because that's what the USCIS phone officers had told us was showing up on their computer and we were trying to get confirmation of whether it really was a possibility we'd have to wait so many more months for it. We just went in and explained what was going on - that my husband had had his N400 interview in June, that he'd passed but we had been told that the I751 was still pending and that we wanted to check on that because others we had talked to had all had their N400s and I751s done together and we thought ours would have been sent to the field office. The officer we had at the infopass looked over our items and said that it didn't seem right, and that the computer was saying the two interviews were bundled together but hadn't actually happened that way in June. Of her own initiative she went in the back and found our file and handed it to the person doing the interview scheduling. We'd been told so many different things previously and I really think it was the extra initiative of the one officer that she thought it seemed wrong and went to investigate. But it's possible that if ours was actually at the local office the same thing may have happened to you. Or maybe not and it really is at NVC, but it's worth asking. The standard practice that the IOs are trained on is to do N400 and I751 together, and generally the I751s are transferred to the field office prior to your interview. Good luck! 

So following on from my infopass appointment, my I751 ROC is actually sitting in Orlando, and has been since before my N400 interview in April, contry to what they said when I was told it had been sent to the NB offices in Missouri. The officer was hopeful that they could arrange an interview for me and I should receive a letter within the next week.... I would recommend booking an infopass appointment if still waiting for ROC. 

After all these processes wrap up, I'm considering writing to the ombudsman to alert them to this happening. Not sure they'll do anything, but they should know there've been several instances of ROC files sitting at the local office and never going to the interview stage while their computers say it's in Missouri. Maybe they'll decide to look into it. 

• 1 month later...

We are now at the end of September, and have had 3 infopass appointments and another out of time service request. I am still waiting to be sworn in despite passing the naturalization test back on 2nd April. This whole process is draining and completely farcical. On all 3 of my info pass appointments I have been told different things.   Really running out of ideas of what next to do. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.