ctracker

I-751 finally approved after 2.5 years

5 posts in this topic

You can read more on my previous post but I just want to discuss what happened to me during the approval process

Feb 2017 went for interview with spouse, no decision and was told to wait until Jun 2017 before inquiring

Jun 2017 requested for Infopass and went into office and hand wrote to officer to inquire about status of case and to contact me should officer need any additional information

Aug 2017 submitted Ombudsman request about case status and detailing information about the wait since Jun 2015

Sep 2017 submitted assistance to Chuck Schumer with details about the wait since Jun 2015. FedEx signed document to his office

Oct 2017 received status update from Ombudsman to inform that case decision has been made. Called Ombudsman to find out if decision was favorable or unfavorable. Ombudsman could not provide additional details and told me to call USCIS. Submitted electronic request to USCIS about case status. Received an e-mail from USCIS about 2-3 weeks later to inform that card was in production. Original documents were returned by mail from VT. Late Oct USCIS case status was updated to card was in production and to wait until mid Nov before contacting USCIS about not receiving the card. No approval letter sent

Nov 2017 Received card in mail

7 minutes ago, ctracker said:

You can read more on my previous post but I just want to discuss what happened to me during the approval process

Feb 2017 went for interview with spouse, no decision and was told to wait until Jun 2017 before inquiring

Jun 2017 requested for Infopass and went into office and hand wrote to officer to inquire about status of case and to contact me should officer need any additional information

Aug 2017 submitted Ombudsman request about case status and detailing information about the wait since Jun 2015

Sep 2017 submitted assistance to Chuck Schumer with details about the wait since Jun 2015. FedEx signed document to his office

Oct 2017 received status update from Ombudsman to inform that case decision has been made. Called Ombudsman to find out if decision was favorable or unfavorable. Ombudsman could not provide additional details and told me to call USCIS. Submitted electronic request to USCIS about case status. Received an e-mail from USCIS about 2-3 weeks later to inform that card was in production. Original documents were returned by mail from VT. Late Oct USCIS case status was updated to card was in production and to wait until mid Nov before contacting USCIS about not receiving the card. No approval letter sent

Nov 2017 Received card in mail

Wow what a Journey.Could I ask you if there were any red flags or the initial evidences list you send it to USCIS. My spouse and I have a good age gap as well but we did send plenty of evidences and would hate to go through interviews etc. 

30 minutes ago, mycase17 said:

Wow what a Journey.Could I ask you if there were any red flags or the initial evidences list you send it to USCIS. My spouse and I have a good age gap as well but we did send plenty of evidences and would hate to go through interviews etc. 

I think one of the major things that they didn't like was the fact that we didn't submit any joint lease as I was the one who signed the lease. During the interview the officer didn't like the fact that we were separated for a year and yet no divorce was filed. Officer scrutinized all documents submitted, page by page.

16 hours ago, ctracker said:

I think one of the major things that they didn't like was the fact that we didn't submit any joint lease as I was the one who signed the lease. During the interview the officer didn't like the fact that we were separated for a year and yet no divorce was filed. Officer scrutinized all documents submitted, page by page.

Thank you ctracker for your reply. 

Huge congrats. 

I know exactly the stress you have been going through, and it sucks. Glad it is over for you.

I had hoped to be posting something similar (only with an even longer wait and with lot more stuff)... sadly it didn't go that way.

Maybe next summer I will be able to.

Edited by mindthegap

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.