Cybery

Entering US on Green Card with a pet

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello All,

I have a green card,I want to adopt a dog from my country.I looked at prices to send dog alone with cargo and it is crazy expensive.It is cheaper to fly and bring dog with you.I was wondering if anyone on Green Card,traveled outside the US with their pet and if they had any issues?

I ask because in 2014 when I traveled on green card,I had to wait for 3 hours at customes just by myself no pet.So I wonder if they give exstra hard time when importing a pet.

My friend brought a dog in with no issues but she has American citizenship.

I-751 (ROC)
07/30/2015- Sent I-751 package

08/11/2015- Received I-751 notice extending my conditional resident status for one year

09/10/2015- Took Biometrics

03/10/2016- Called USCIS to ask about my case,they said no updates and I am within normal processing time

08/23/2016- Called again to ask,they still said within normal processing time,no updates

10/11/2016- Date my conditional green card expired(the one year extension),called again they said schedule InfoPass

11/6/2016- Went to InfoPass and got I-551 stamp extending my permanent residency for 1 year, was also told my case is now at local office

12/15/2016- Still waiting......................

03/30/2017 Received RFE

my husband flew several time with the dog in the carrier and he never had issue.

he had all documents ready to show to costum and duty etc.

the max he had to wait was 10 min.

don't  worry about it!

As long as the he has the proper documentation for the pet, there shouldn't be any issues. 

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

I brought my dog with me, they didn't care what status I had just wanted to know my dog had all his paperwork and shots (he's a boxer dog so had to travel in the hold) :)

Everything crossed for a smooth and stress free journey

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.