ktr

St. Lukes slmec medical experience 2017

10 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We had our medical last september 20. My mom is the principal applicant on a petition under fb1, we're her derivatives.

The night before I already prepared every required documents. There's 5 of us so I organized it by names. 

Were thinking about booking a hotel near st lukes but it was hella expensive so we decided to just wake up early and book an Uber insted. Were from cavite so the uber costed us P270 (including toll) which is more practical than booking a hotel. Tips in using Uber: use promocode you can use mine. Use code 'katier13377ui' to sign up. Enjoy! Details: https://www.uber.com/invite/katier13377ui, and leave early as in 3am or 4am. 

DAY 1

we left cavite around 3:50 pm and arrived around 4:40. There were two lines one for sputum and one for day 1 applicants. Dont worry as theres some vendor who will assist you. They even have chairs for rent.

The line wasn't that long when we arrived. Around 5:00 am they are already letting people in. You will present the documents in the entrance. They will arrange it for you including the photos. They will also stamp something on your hand. ALSO!! Pre register beforehand!! This will make the process faster.

Ground flr Counters A-M

We entered the bldg and we have numbers 31-35. After about 20 mins of waiting they already called out numbers and only Mama fell in line. You will have to wait in a small line (about 8 persons long) and wait for your turn. There are many counters (letters A to M) you will go to the one that flashes a red light). 

Me and my family shared one counter. The employee will ask for some details about that was written in the documents you provided and in the pre registration form as well. You also have to declare if you have previously had a medical in slmec. They'll know anyways. They will also have you double check the details in their record. they will give you a slip that serves as your check list. They will also scan your index finger. That took about 1 hour for the 5 of us. After this you can now go to the cashier in 5th flr.

5th flr

Cashier

The lady guard will get your slip once you arrive in that floor. You will be asked to sit down and wait for your name to be called. 

This took about 30 mins to an hour of waiting. Then you will line up about 10-15 mins on the cashier to pay. Do not worry if you came in a group they will only ask one to line up and do the payment.

Rates:

As of september 2017

16042.50 adult

8600 pedia

Note: rates will increase starting October 1 2017. 17k for adults and 9k for pedia.

After the payment. You can now proceed to 2nd floor for your immunization interview. Do not worry as the employees will let you know the next steps and where you would go next.

2ND flr

Present the slip in the reception area. They will attach a form on your receipt that you will have to fill out. Afterward, give back the receipt to the reception. They will also ask you to present your immunization record but know that not all are going to be accept. Ours was not accepted but it wasnt a big deal.

Then wait for your name to be called. We waited for about 1.5-2 hours for our name to be called. If you have someone with you, you can sleep and they can just wake you up once your name was called. In this part of the medical, if you have kids under 14 they will do a skin test instead of the chest xray. What they do is that they inject a dead bacteria and see if it'll develop in the next 48 hours. 

Once they call your name, proceed to the reception and they'll assist you to the room for your interview.

The doctor will for your passport and receipt. You will also scan your finger in every step for this medical. 

He/she will ask about your medical history, last menstrual period, if you have chicken pox scar, traveled out of the country, and other questions. This took about 10 mins.

Then the doctor said that i can now proceed to 5th floor for my physical exam.

I waited for my other siblings to finish the interview since we werent called at the same time, only the two kids and our mom. 

We still havent had anything to eat so after the interview we went out. There's a mcdonald nearby. About a 3-5 mins walk.

We went back after we ate.

5th flr

Present your receipt to the nurse. They will take your weight and your bp. Then you will proceed to the room nearby for your height and your eye test. 

Note: you will be ask to present the receipt and the slip, as well as your passport so make sure you have those. 

After the eye test, you will have to wait again for your name to be called for the physical exam.

Lucky for me I was called right away. I moved to a chair outside room #8. The nurse will also give you a number. Then the doctor will call your number when it's your turn.

You will be asked to enter the room. Then the doctor would ask for your passport and your receipt and will have your finger scanned. The doctor will again ask for your medical history. Mostly were 'yes or no' questions. Just be honest.  

The doctor will ask you to remove your clothes but not your undergarments. You will be asked to wear a hospital gown. The doctor will check your hands and some parts of your body for scars. 

After the physical exam, you will be ask to proceed to 4th floor.

My siblings were still in queue for the physical exam. I think the doctor took their break that time.

I went ahead to 4th floor to have urine and my blood tested. 

You will present the receipt again and your passport to the nurses. They will ask you to sign a waiver. They will call you again when its your turn.

Once the nurse calls you they will usually ask for your name and your date of birth and scan your finger again. The nurse told me to proceed with the blood extraction but i ask to do the urine first as I already needed to take a leak. Also, they will ask for the time you last peed. It should be an hour before the urinalysis. After the urinalysis, i then proceed to the blood extraction area. The med tech will ask for your name and dob, the finger scan. Then extract blood. 

Then you can now proceed to the dreaded xray on the 3 rd floor. Again present passport, name, dob, finger scan. The nurse will give you something to sign. Then she will give you a folder that you will have to take on the x-ray room. Then you will go to the x-ray room there is a small waiting area where you will be asked to change to a hospital gown. You will have to remove your shirt and your bra if you are a girl. you will wait for your number to be called.

Then you will proceed to the actual xray room. The nurse will assist you and ask you to take deep breath and then exhale. 

After this, you can now change to your clothes. 

At this point, I'm already finished with Day one. So i brought the slip to the US check out counter in the same floor. The employee asked to me to come back tomorrow at 9am for the results.

I was done by 11 am. While my family are still upstairs waiting for their physical. 

I waited for them to finish. They finished at 2PM.

sorry if this is allover the place. Im still a little bit under the weather. I think this is the side effect of the vaccines.

I will update this with more details and also the day 2. 

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, ktr said:

We had our medical last september 20. My mom is the principal applicant on a petition under fb1, we're her derivatives.

The night before I already prepared every required documents. There's 5 of us so I organized it by names. 

Were thinking about booking a hotel near st lukes but it was hella expensive so we decided to just wake up early and book an Uber insted. Were from cavite so the uber costed us P270 (including toll) which is more practical than booking a hotel. Tips in using Uber: use promocode you can use mine. Use code 'katier13377ui' to sign up. Enjoy! Details: https://www.uber.com/invite/katier13377ui, and leave early as in 3am or 4am. 

DAY 1

we left cavite around 3:50 pm and arrived around 4:40. There were two lines one for sputum and one for day 1 applicants. Dont worry as theres some vendor who will assist you. They even have chairs for rent.

The line wasn't that long when we arrived. Around 5:00 am they are already letting people in. You will present the documents in the entrance. They will arrange it for you including the photos. They will also stamp something on your hand. ALSO!! Pre register beforehand!! This will make the process faster.

Ground flr Counters A-M

We entered the bldg and we have numbers 31-35. After about 20 mins of waiting they already called out numbers and only Mama fell in line. You will have to wait in a small line (about 8 persons long) and wait for your turn. There are many counters (letters A to M) you will go to the one that flashes a red light). 

Me and my family shared one counter. The employee will ask for some details about that was written in the documents you provided and in the pre registration form as well. You also have to declare if you have previously had a medical in slmec. They'll know anyways. They will also have you double check the details in their record. they will give you a slip that serves as your check list. They will also scan your index finger. That took about 1 hour for the 5 of us. After this you can now go to the cashier in 5th flr.

5th flr

Cashier

The lady guard will get your slip once you arrive in that floor. You will be asked to sit down and wait for your name to be called. 

This took about 30 mins to an hour of waiting. Then you will line up about 10-15 mins on the cashier to pay. Do not worry if you came in a group they will only ask one to line up and do the payment.

Rates:

As of september 2017

16042.50 adult

8600 pedia

Note: rates will increase starting October 1 2017. 17k for adults and 9k for pedia.

After the payment. You can now proceed to 2nd floor for your immunization interview. Do not worry as the employees will let you know the next steps and where you would go next.

2ND flr

Present the slip in the reception area. They will attach a form on your receipt that you will have to fill out. Afterward, give back the receipt to the reception. They will also ask you to present your immunization record but know that not all are going to be accept. Ours was not accepted but it wasnt a big deal.

Then wait for your name to be called. We waited for about 1.5-2 hours for our name to be called. If you have someone with you, you can sleep and they can just wake you up once your name was called. In this part of the medical, if you have kids under 14 they will do a skin test instead of the chest xray. What they do is that they inject a dead bacteria and see if it'll develop in the next 48 hours. 

Once they call your name, proceed to the reception and they'll assist you to the room for your interview.

The doctor will for your passport and receipt. You will also scan your finger in every step for this medical. 

He/she will ask about your medical history, last menstrual period, if you have chicken pox scar, traveled out of the country, and other questions. This took about 10 mins.

I waited for my other siblings to finish the interview since we werent called at the same time, only the two kids and our mom. 

We still havent had anything to eat so after the interview we went out. There's a mcdonald nearby. About a 3-5 mins walk.

5th flr

Present your receipt to the nurse. They will take your weight and your bp. Then you will proceed to the room nearby for your height and your eye test. 

Note: you will be ask to present the receipt and the slip, as well as your passport so make sure you have those. 

After the eye test, you will have to wait again for your name to be called for the physical exam.

Lucky for me I was called right away. I moved to a chair outside room #8. The nurse will also give you a number. Then the doctor will call your number when it's your turn.

You will be asked to enter the room. Then the doctor would ask for your passport and your receipt and will have your finger scanned. The doctor will again ask for your medical history. Mostly were 'yes or no' questions. Just be honest.  

The doctor will ask you to remove your clothes but not your undergarments. You will be asked to wear a hospital gown. The doctor will check your hands and some parts of your body for scars. 

My siblings were still in queue for the physical exam. I think the doctor took their break that time.

You will present the receipt again and your passport to the nurses. They will ask you to sign a waiver. They will call you again when its your turn.

Once the nurse calls you they will usually ask for your name and your date of birth and scan your finger again. The nurse told me to proceed with the blood extraction but i ask to do the urine first as I already needed to take a leak. Also, they will ask for the time you last peed. It should be an hour before the urinalysis. After the urinalysis, i then proceed to the blood extraction area. The med tech will ask for your name and dob, the finger scan. Then extract blood. 

Then you can now proceed to the dreaded xray on the 3 rd floor. Again present passport, name, dob, finger scan. The nurse will give you something to sign. Then she will give you a folder that you will have to take on the x-ray room. Then you will go to the x-ray room there is a small waiting area where you will be asked to change to a hospital gown. You will have to remove your shirt and your bra if you are a girl. you will wait for your number to be called.

Then you will proceed to the actual xray room. The nurse will assist you and ask you to take deep breath and then exhale. 

At this point, I'm already finished with Day one. So i brought the slip to the US check out counter in the same floor. The employee asked to me to come back tomorrow at 9am for the results.

I was done by 11 am. While my family are still upstairs waiting for their physical. 

sorry if this is allover the place. Im still a little bit under the weather. I think this is the side effect of the vaccines.

Wow that's hella expensive. Still waiting for my interview letter. This truly helped a lot. Thank you :) 

Timeline
1 hour ago, sunsetdolphin said:

Quick question pala. Where can i pre register for the medical exam?

Pre register here: http://www.slec.ph/us/registration/

you will receive the confirmation email after. Then print the data sheet.

Timeline

Important reminders:

1. The nurse/doctor/employee will always ask you your name, and date of birth for identidication. 

2. Always present your receipt and your passport. They will also ask you to scan your index finger. Its for them to pull up your records on their computer.

3. Do not overthink! I know there are so many posts about having to take the dreaded sputum test. My mom is a smoker but she didnt have any problem. 

4. Pray!

5. Make a list of all your pregnancies. The doctor in the physical exam will ask for this.

6. You will wait and wait and wait so bring anything that would help you kill time. Be patient.

7. Bring old xray and immunization record.   This is not very vital but is encouraged. 

8. Bring a tumbler. There are a lot of drinking fountain inside. You can also sneak in crackers and foods. The guards are not that strict. Just place it in the bottom of your bag. 

9. Have your breakfast before lining up. There are also fast foods nearby but im not sure if theyre open 24/7

10. Relax you'll get through this! 🙏🏻

Also, st lukes allows women on their menstruration to take the medical. So no need to wait another week after your period to take the medical.

Edited by ktr

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have more additional questions. (I'm sorry if I'm bothering you too much :( You're the only one I know who I can ask about these things)

• I have taken flu shots before but I got those 10+ years ago. I can't find any record of it. However I'm very much willing to take any necessary flu shots or vaccinations. Does SLMEC provide the shots needed, aka the shots listed in the DS 260 form? If not, where can I take them (if you know a place)?

• Regarding the sputum test, is it mandatory for everyone or people are chosen?

• Are there sufficient parking lots nearby?

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 9/22/2017 at 0:25 PM, ktr said:

DAY 1

Ground flr Counters A-M

5th flr

Cashier

Rates:

As of september 2017

16042.50 adult

8600 pedia

2ND flr

5th flr

Thank you ktr for sharing your experience...its very informative.... GoodLuck!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi just wanna give an update.

We all passed the medical.

me and my brother went back the next day for day 2. Days 2 is just a lot of waiting.

we arrived and presented the receipt to the guard. Then he stamped “medical report on process” in both of our receipts. 

I was really nervous because it’s not for immunization for laboratory. But then the stanp meant that our medical report is still not yet finished. I wasted my time overthinking what the stamp meant. We arrive around nine and we finish around two so day 2 is really just a lot of waiting.

While for my mom and my other two siblings a came the next day we had our date two because the skin test needs 48 hours to complete.

sadly two kids were positive for the skin test. They waited until 2pm to have their xrays. But they are both cleared on the xray. 

Right now, were just preparing for our interview next tuesday. We hope everything turns out fine. Hope you could pray for us as well. 

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.