TheDeaks17

Processing time question

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello, 

I submitted my I-130 packet to the London embassy and got a NOA-1 of 03/08/2017. 

As of today the website states that they're processing ones submitted on 18/08/2017 and that's over a week old. 

So what I'm wondering is how long is the general process from processing to being able to start the next step of the process? I'm concerned our next letter has been lost in the mail but I believe that could be wrong. 

Thanks in advance for any help or advice! 

Edited by TheDeaks17
Fixing a typo

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

3 hours ago, TheDeaks17 said:

Hello, 

I submitted my I-130 packet to the London embassy and got a NOA-1 of 03/08/2017. 

As of today the website states that they're processing ones submitted on 18/08/2017 and that's over a week old. 

So what I'm wondering is how long is the general process from processing to being able to start the next step of the process? I'm concerned our next letter has been lost in the mail but I believe that could be wrong. 

Thanks in advance for any help or advice! 

It does not take this long. Use their contact form to ask the USCIS Field Office directly what has happened to your petition approval.

https://uk.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/government-agencies/dhs/uscis/uscis-contact-form/

11 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

It does not take this long. Use their contact form to ask the USCIS Field Office directly what has happened to your petition approval.

https://uk.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/government-agencies/dhs/uscis/uscis-contact-form/

According to this https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/ptIntlIntro.do London estimates about 1.8 months for an I-130. OP's I-130 has only been processing for 1.5 months. While he's approaching the expected limit, he's still within a reasonable time frame, no?

DCF Mexico

06/04/2017: Married

06/24/2017: Mailed I-130

06/27/2017: NOA1 (technically a RFE as we were missing beneficiary ID)

07/06/2017: NOA2

07/12/2017: Case assigned by Juarez embassy

07/17/2017: Packet 3 received

08/15/2017: Interview/Approval!

08/22/2017: Visa received via DHL

09/03/2017: POE

09/16/2017: Permanent Resident Card received

Total days from NOA1 to approval: 49

I wrote a DCF Mexico guide! http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php?title=DCF_Mexico

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
47 minutes ago, Jorge Valdivia said:

According to this https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/ptIntlIntro.do London estimates about 1.8 months for an I-130. OP's I-130 has only been processing for 1.5 months. While he's approaching the expected limit, he's still within a reasonable time frame, no?

I read it as submitted Mar 8. 

Yes. Waiting a little longer is advisable. 

Timeline

Thank you guys! And sorry about the date mix up. 

I figure if its not here by the time I return to the UK from my current US visit (October 15th) I'll give them a call. I was mostly concerned because of the dates given on the website but I suppose that doesn't take into account what goes on after processing. 

For clarification I was referring to the date at the bottom of this page. 

https://uk.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/government-agencies/dhs/uscis/i130filing-html/

Edited by TheDeaks17
Added link

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely just keep calling and submit through the online form. I got the actual letter for approval in the mail about one month after it was actually approved. But (through tips from people on this forum!) I was really incessant about calling every day until the case number was ready, then I was able to go ahead and make an interview appointment online.

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

So it's nearly November and I've still gotten nowhere. 

The embassy got back to me roughly two weeks after I submitted the form as suggested, (around the 4th, just to tell me that's the wrong form and that I needed to provide more information. 

Ive done that and it's been nearly two weeks since. I believe I'm well out of the estimated processing window now. 

On 10/4/2017 at 2:06 AM, mexicoAmigo said:

Definitely just keep calling and submit through the online form. I got the actual letter for approval in the mail about one month after it was actually approved. But (through tips from people on this forum!) I was really incessant about calling every day until the case number was ready, then I was able to go ahead and make an interview appointment online.

Curious, How did you go about calling? The only number I can find is that of the Embassy and I either get stuck in an automated loop, or when I do get to a human they basically just say "You have to contact through the online web form, the embassy does not take calls from the public regarding visa status" in about 10 different ways with no actual help 😩

On 10/26/2017 at 3:33 AM, TheDeaks17 said:

So it's nearly November and I've still gotten nowhere. 

The embassy got back to me roughly two weeks after I submitted the form as suggested, (around the 4th, just to tell me that's the wrong form and that I needed to provide more information. 

Ive done that and it's been nearly two weeks since. I believe I'm well out of the estimated processing window now. 

Curious, How did you go about calling? The only number I can find is that of the Embassy and I either get stuck in an automated loop, or when I do get to a human they basically just say "You have to contact through the online web form, the embassy does not take calls from the public regarding visa status" in about 10 different ways with no actual help 😩

Oh no... I'm really sorry to hear that. Well in my case, it was the US Consulate in Mexico, so I'm not sure how to get the actual number for the UK... what does NVC say?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.