CA1515

2017 Mexico I-601a waiver processing time

764 posts in this topic

Maybe this isn't the right thread to post but it does relate to the waiver and Juarez consulate.

Does anyone know if the consulate in Juarez asks for the original i601a waiver packet, as well as the AOS packet and immigrant packet sent to NVC? I ask because my i601a waiver packet is huge which includes everything originally sent in, and same goes for the AOS/Immigrant packet sent to NVC, and I think this is a lot of paper to take to interview. can someone help?

I have a 3 ring binder with originals of everything sent to NVC, birth cert. i601a approval notice, marriage cert. passport, family pics etc basically everything that I have seen on the dept of state website. Now adding the two original packets in question as mentioned above makes this a really huge stack. Its confusing because a lot of the stuff they ask for are already included in my packets, so it just feels like I'm carrying extra weight. Can someone chime in with their experience?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 4/15/2018 at 7:23 PM, jhigareda41 said:

Maybe this isn't the right thread to post but it does relate to the waiver and Juarez consulate.

Does anyone know if the consulate in Juarez asks for the original i601a waiver packet, as well as the AOS packet and immigrant packet sent to NVC? I ask because my i601a waiver packet is huge which includes everything originally sent in, and same goes for the AOS/Immigrant packet sent to NVC, and I think this is a lot of paper to take to interview. can someone help?

I have a 3 ring binder with originals of everything sent to NVC, birth cert. i601a approval notice, marriage cert. passport, family pics etc basically everything that I have seen on the dept of state website. Now adding the two original packets in question as mentioned above makes this a really huge stack. Its confusing because a lot of the stuff they ask for are already included in my packets, so it just feels like I'm carrying extra weight. Can someone chime in with their experience?

I've never heard of the interviewing officer asking for the i601a application and hardship letter.  That is a huge document and the officer does not have the time to review something that has already been approved by the USCIS.  

Bring an updated Aff of Support with your 2017 tax year information, along with W2s, paystubs, and your federal tax return as evidence.  Bring all the originals you listed, and make copies of them...except the family photos.  Better to be prepared than stuck in Juarez.  

I don't speak from first hand experience...yet.  We leave for Juarez in one week to for medical and fingerprints done...then the interview at the consulate.  Dun dun dun.  To say we're anxious would be an understatement, but we've prepared to the best of our ability and lord willing, we'll get what we've worked so hard for...as will you.  Good luck.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

So, I guess there has been no approvals lately? I feel like they have been super slow these last few weeks. Ugh 😑 Hopefully they pick up the pace and move us along. We’ve only been waiting about 2 months but I can’t imagine the stress for those of you that have been waiting over 10 months! I pray that this all over soon for everyone. This  whole process has been on going for us since 2016 and I just want to be done with it already. Good luck to all of you. I am sending positive vibes your way❤️🙏

Edited by Scajer25

10 hours ago, Scajer25 said:

So, I guess there has been no approvals lately? I feel like they have been super slow these last few weeks. Ugh 😑 Hopefully they pick up the pace and move us along. We’ve only been waiting about 2 months but I can’t imagine the stress for those of you that have been waiting over 10 months! I pray that this all over soon for everyone. This  whole process has been on going for us since 2016 and I just want to be done with it already. Good luck to all of you. I am sending positive vibes your way❤️🙏

No no news yet for me either. It feels like eternity! But it’s only been 2 months for me as well and I started my process in 2016 too. I hope everyone who had been waiting gets some type of news soon. Let’s have a lot of faith and thank you for sending your positive and good wishes 🙏🏻💗✨

8 hours ago, mommyo2life said:

No no news yet for me either. It feels like eternity! But it’s only been 2 months for me as well and I started my process in 2016 too. I hope everyone who had been waiting gets some type of news soon. Let’s have a lot of faith and thank you for sending your positive and good wishes 🙏🏻💗✨

I pray you both don't have to wait as long as us... going on 11 months now :( it's very depressing

19 hours ago, Scajer25 said:

I was sent a letter from USCIS asking for more information on my case🙄 my lawyer was so upset because they want info on a surgery we haven’t even set a date on yet because we told our doctor we’d wait until i came back from my interview! So my husbands dr is now writing a letter stating that.

Does anyone know how you can tell if NVC is requesting a police certificate?? I received an email regarding my IV packet and it says that they received ALL THE REQUIRED documents. I know that I dont need one because I left Mexico as an infant and therefore dont meet the criteria to need such a document. However at the bottom it says something about they may ask for a police certificate. Here is my email.

20180425_071615.jpg

Edited by jhigareda41

56 minutes ago, jhigareda41 said:

Does anyone know how you can tell if NVC is requesting a police certificate?? I received an email regarding my IV packet and it says that they received ALL THE REQUIRED documents. I know that I dont need one because I left Mexico as an infant and therefore dont meet the criteria to need such a document. However at the bottom it says something about they may ask for a police certificate. Here is my email.

20180425_071615.jpg

Yes a police certificate is needed at the interview. One for each city you have lived. And one from Mexico if you were over the age of 16 at the time you arrived in the US

4 hours ago, Nena13 said:

Yes a police certificate is needed at the interview. One for each city you have lived. And one from Mexico if you were over the age of 16 at the time you arrived in the US

I know that its required if you lived in your country after 16 but I have been in the US my whole life. I'm just confused if that is what this letter is asking me? @Nena13 or anyone else get this letter. Because others have said that NVC explicitly asks for the certificate but the letter I received doesnt.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 11:42 PM, Mansini77 said:

I've never heard of the interviewing officer asking for the i601a application and hardship letter.  That is a huge document and the officer does not have the time to review something that has already been approved by the USCIS.  

Bring an updated Aff of Support with your 2017 tax year information, along with W2s, paystubs, and your federal tax return as evidence.  Bring all the originals you listed, and make copies of them...except the family photos.  Better to be prepared than stuck in Juarez.  

I don't speak from first hand experience...yet.  We leave for Juarez in one week to for medical and fingerprints done...then the interview at the consulate.  Dun dun dun.  To say we're anxious would be an understatement, but we've prepared to the best of our ability and lord willing, we'll get what we've worked so hard for...as will you.  Good luck.

wow thats good hope everything goes good at the interview keep us updated safe travels! 

Timeline
On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 12:46 AM, mommyo2life said:

same here but i start the processes in 2014 and just a month ago i sent my husbands wavier and he still waiting for his fingerprint appointment ugh

Timeline
8 hours ago, jhigareda41 said:

I know that its required if you lived in your country after 16 but I have been in the US my whole life. I'm just confused if that is what this letter is asking me? @Nena13 or anyone else get this letter. Because others have said that NVC explicitly asks for the certificate but the letter I received doesnt.

i don't think you need one for the reason you have been here your whole life but just to make sure ask your lawyer if you have one or the people that's helping you with your processes.

Timeline
On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 9:28 AM, Wandersonbt said:

Is there anybody still waiting on the approval of i601a waiver from October 2017? mine was recieved 10/03/2017 and I'm still waiting on a decision, I've Submitted an inquiry and no response

omg since October? omg i don't even wan to show my husband this hahah.... i sent my husband i601a a month ago. where is your packet being processes?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.