julieascott

July 2017 I 130 Filers for Parents

146 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys! I would like to start a thread for everybody who filed I 130 for their parents. I just sent the application for my mom in the mail on the 17th of July. Didn't get a notice until the 28th. Got the receipt number but can't check the case status online at the moment. For some reason, the system says that there is a validation error and that the receipt number can't be recognized. I may call a week from now if it that doesn't get straightened out. Shout out to people whose case was forwarded to Nebraska Service Center. I have read threads that talk about its infamy for being terribly slow. Praying they're wrong. I wish everyone good luck.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello! I am also a July filer. Just sent my mom's petition on July 29 and waiting for the first notice. Looking forward to sharing my journey with you all. :)

Edited by DaisyMae

Timeline
14 hours ago, DaisyMae said:

Hello! I am also a July filer. Just sent my mom's petition on July 29 and waiting for the first notice. Looking forward to sharing my journey with you all. :)

Edited by DaisyMae

Timeline
On 7/30/2017 at 10:32 PM, julieascott said:

Hi guys! I would like to start a thread for everybody who filed I 130 for their parents. I just sent the application for my mom in the mail on the 17th of July. Didn't get a notice until the 28th. Got the receipt number but can't check the case status online at the moment. For some reason, the system says that there is a validation error and that the receipt number can't be recognized. I may call a week from now if it that doesn't get straightened out. Shout out to people whose case was forwarded to Nebraska Service Center. I have read threads that talk about its infamy for being terribly slow. Praying they're wrong. I wish everyone good luck.

I hope I get Nebraska too! I am seeing a lot of people getting approved 4-5 weeks from that service center so goodluck 🙂

Timeline

Hi, DaisyMae! There were threads that talked about how slow Nebraska Service Center works on the petitions. I am hoping they're wrong.

Timeline
2 hours ago, julieascott said:

Hi, DaisyMae! There were threads that talked about how slow Nebraska Service Center works on the petitions. I am hoping they're wrong.

Let's hope for the Best *crossingfingers*

Timeline

Yep, the grueling wait is on. :) Have you guys got your receipt number? I have but for some weird reason, I couldn't check the status online. It says it's not recognized. I am not sure if the website has just not been updated yet.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, julieascott said:

Yep, the grueling wait is on. :) Have you guys got your receipt number? I have but for some weird reason, I couldn't check the status online. It says it's not recognized. I am not sure if the website has just not been updated yet.

I sent mine thru priority express July 29 sat and it was supposed to be delivered monday July 31 but never happened because of a delay. It was delivered yesterday instead. Hope i get my NOA1 today or tomorrow

I just sent out application for my parents on 8/1 and waiting ... I see they are trying to pass the bill to curb legal immigration in half, and that would eliminate parents being able to get green cards. Parents will be able to get a 5 year visa. Do you think this bill, if passed, will affect the existing applications?

Thanks

Timeline
1 hour ago, bimik said:

I just sent out application for my parents on 8/1 and waiting ... I see they are trying to pass the bill to curb legal immigration in half, and that would eliminate parents being able to get green cards. Parents will be able to get a 5 year visa. Do you think this bill, if passed, will affect the existing applications?

Thanks

Hey there! How exciting, wishing you good luck. As for the bill, if they ever passed that, i'm sure existing applications won't be affected. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.