nileva

I-864 Change/update sponsor

4 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hello there,

I sent in my AOS packet about a month ago and just received a letter from USCIS saying that my sponsor(father in law) did not meet the income requirements for his household size and should send in proof of assets or find a new sponsor.(He filled out the form incorrectly by listing past income in 2016 instead of anticipated income for 2017.)

To be on the safe side his wife is willing to help me(she has a higher monthly income) but is unsure if it is sufficient as well. They live in Alaska and their household size(including me as the immigrant) would be a total of 6 so her income must be at least $50,925.

My question is, can I send in the I-864 packet again, have my mother in law as my sponsor and have my father in law fill out the I-864A and have his income make up for the difference as a household member? If I remember correctly he listed her on the I-864 we sent in as well but she never filled out the I-864A or provided any proof of income.
So basically I would be changing my sponsor to "household member" and listing my mother in law as the main sponsor. Is this possible or too messy since it involves the same persons?

Thankful for you help!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Yes, as they are married one can file I-864 and the other I-864A.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.