60 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Not really asking for advice, just more of a support group lol. I've been waiting a week on AP now since I got a 221g for a missing document (original copy of my birth certificate). Interview went well regardless, consul told me I was pretty much approved unless they find something they don't like in my birth certificate (which I highly doubt since my BC is legit and has gotten me a US student visa and US tourist visa before).

Anyway, just wondering if anyone out there is in the same boat and waiting for an update? I'm from the Philippines, but it doesn't really matter where you're from, as long as you're feeling what I'm feeling (aka impatient lol). Would be great to have some sort of community while waiting this out. Long distance is killing me and I really just wanna buy tickets to the US already, and know that I'll be seeing my fiance for real on a specific date! 

1 hour ago, snowcat said:

Not really asking for advice, just more of a support group lol. I've been waiting a week on AP now since I got a 221g for a missing document (original copy of my birth certificate). Interview went well regardless, consul told me I was pretty much approved unless they find something they don't like in my birth certificate (which I highly doubt since my BC is legit and has gotten me a US student visa and US tourist visa before).

Anyway, just wondering if anyone out there is in the same boat and waiting for an update? I'm from the Philippines, but it doesn't really matter where you're from, as long as you're feeling what I'm feeling (aka impatient lol). Would be great to have some sort of community while waiting this out. Long distance is killing me and I really just wanna buy tickets to the US already, and know that I'll be seeing my fiance for real on a specific date! 

We are both waiting lol mine is in 2weeks AP already.have patient u gonna get approve soon.

1 hour ago, snowcat said:

We are both waiting lol mine is in 2weeks AP already.have patient u gonna get approve soon.

Timeline
49 minutes ago, Rosekyle12345 said:

Hello! Nice to find someone who knows how it feels. ;) How did your interview go? Did you also get a 221g like me?

Edited by snowcat

Timeline

I guess I'm just a bit bummed because I wanted to spend Valentine's Day with my fiance and that's less than a month away! If I were to go before V-day, I would need to buy tickets soon! More like, today! Lol. But can't do anything... need to wait for my visa to be officially issued before anything. Meh.

8 minutes ago, snowcat said:

I guess I'm just a bit bummed because I wanted to spend Valentine's Day with my fiance and that's less than a month away! If I were to go before V-day, I would need to buy tickets soon! More like, today! Lol. But can't do anything... need to wait for my visa to be officially issued before anything. Meh.

My intrvew was jan.5 2017 and they out me in ap bc they asking for my husband incomtax 2015 and explanation letter,proof of domicile. So we sent it everything what they asking.after then we keep checking our status in ceac but it keep updating the date only 4times already but still in AP ..thers nothing we can do about this but to wait and keep checking our status online.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Rosekyle12345 said:

My intrvew was jan.5 2017 and they out me in ap bc they asking for my husband incomtax 2015 and explanation letter,proof of domicile. So we sent it everything what they asking.after then we keep checking our status in ceac but it keep updating the date only 4times already but still in AP ..thers nothing we can do about this but to wait and keep checking our status online.

The date of my CEAC only updated once after my interview (I assume that's when they got my BC)! Last touch was Jan 12th and nothing more after that. Ugh. :( I hate waiting lol. But yeah guess we can't really do anything else but wait!

1 minute ago, Rosekyle12345 said:

Ur lucky they only ask ur originam birth compre to others that more loading documents.u gonna  get approve soon once u pass ur orig birth .

Timeline
Just now, Rosekyle12345 said:

Ur lucky they only ask ur originam birth compre to others that more loading documents.u gonna  get approve soon once u pass ur orig birth .

I sent my birth cert Jan 10 and USEM got it Jan 12 (cause that's the date CEAC updated my visa status). I don't think they've looked at my file again since then, as the "last updated" date hasn't changed yet. So yeah, just waiting for them to check it and approve it finally. D: Hoping it does get approved soon!! Best of luck to you as well :) 

3 minutes ago, snowcat said:

The date of my CEAC only updated once after my interview (I assume that's when they got my BC)! Last touch was Jan 12th and nothing more after that. Ugh. :( I hate waiting lol. But yeah guess we can't really do anything else but wait!

Usually when only like that missing like nbi or birth certificate it only last 3weeks and they issued.

1 minute ago, snowcat said:

I sent my birth cert Jan 10 and USEM got it Jan 12 (cause that's the date CEAC updated my visa status). I don't think they've looked at my file again since then, as the "last updated" date hasn't changed yet. So yeah, just waiting for them to check it and approve it finally. D: Hoping it does get approved soon!! Best of luck to you as well :) 

Just wait for it they gonna urs soon.

22 hours ago, snowcat said:

No offense but how did you file without the original birth certificate?  What ever you do...don't buy airplane tickets until you have your VISA in hand.  Good luck and God Bless

Timeline
1 hour ago, shaunanoona said:

i was in AP for 60 days before they released my passp[ort and visa  , so don't worry ...

Ack that's a long time! Glad you eventually got yours, though! Not really worried, just impatient haha. I figured talking to other people in the same situation would be therapeutical hahaha.

Timeline
15 minutes ago, David & Zoila said:

No offense but how did you file without the original birth certificate?  What ever you do...don't buy airplane tickets until you have your VISA in hand.  Good luck and God Bless

None taken. I had my BC with me and complete paperwork but weeks before my interview, my family, fiance, and I had a New Year's trip to Japan for which my family and I needed to submit original BCs (to the Japanese Embassy for visas). I completely forgot to order a new one in time for my interview, so I had to go in without my BC. Careless mistake. You can have the interview with missing documents, but have to submit them afterwards, like what happened in my case.

Definitely not buying tickets yet, of course. 

Edited by snowcat

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.