ramasam

Administrative Review for 6months

20 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

So OP probably applied for visa under F2A. (spouse of LPR)

An LPR can still apply for their spouses.

If your husband was given form 221(g), he should have been told that the case will be returned to USCIS for revocation.

So check your USCIS case number on the USCIS website to see if your case is back in the US.

when it arrives, USCIS will review and sent your notice of intent to revoke or deny.

If it is about revocation, then you will have 3 weeks to respond to all the allegations made by the interviewing officer.

It will be reviewed again. If it pass the test, then it will be reaffirmed.

Then sent back to Ghana and another interview will be scheduled by the embassy  (not NVC). 

You could be approved or denied again.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ben&Zian said:

Thats what I'm wondering also.... but yet said they received a 221g for AP...  need a little more detail with this story.

thank you for responding. That is what the officer told my husband and actually wrote on the 221(g) form. "Petition being returned to USCIS". Then we started waiting for USCIS to contact us. Didn't hear anything. Then after about 8weeks, we contacted them through my congressman. Then we got this message "case currently in administrative review." That's all. It now 6months that we have been waiting. The visa that I applied for him was NIV because then I was not LPR. So that visa is just about to expire and still no decision made. Since I am now LPR, what are my options? How long can we wait even if that visa is expired? Thank you.

Edited by ramasam

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

Hi everyone.  I am us citizen who submitted I130 for my spouse. Although our case is being handled out of Dakar Senegal, not sure how long AP is going to last. Our case arrived in US in October, 2016 after sitting at embassy for four months. I checked the status then called to follow up. I was then told to wait for notice by April 2017. I  know how frustrating this process can be.  we will  be married two years next month. All I can say to each of you is to stay focused and continue to pray. Each day that passes is one day closer to a happy ending.

Edited by JackandRed
Additional information

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, ramasam said:

thank you for responding. That is what the officer told my husband and actually wrote on the 221(g) form. "Petition being returned to USCIS". Then we started waiting for USCIS to contact us. Didn't hear anything. Then after about 8weeks, we contacted them through my congressman. Then we got this message "case currently in administrative review." That's all. It now 6months that we have been waiting. The visa that I applied for him was NIV because then I was not LPR. So that visa is just about to expire and still no decision made. Since I am now LPR, what are my options? How long can we wait even if that visa is expired? Thank you.

If your petition is been returned then it wasn't denied because you didn't qualify but because CO probably didnt believe your relationship. Wait until you hear from USCIS, they will tell you exactly why it was denied.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

But the problem is that they haven't sent it back to USCIS still after 6months. And now the message we get is that his case is in "administrative review". Does that mean that it is no longer being returned to USCIS even though that is what they indicated to him after the interview and wrote it on the 221(g)? What is the difference between "petition being returned to USCIS" and "case in administrative review at consulate". What exactly are they trying to tell us and why are they not being straightforward with us on the exact status of his petition? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.