Jump to content
coniefl

I-485 2 Questions

5 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filling out an I-485 for a K1-Visa in which we are now married. I have two questions thus far in filling out the form.

1. What do we put for the Last Name? Do we put her maiden name or her new married last name?

2. How do I answer Part 3 (processing information) Question 9 if my former fiance received a waiver for misrepresentation , ineligibility under section 212 (a) (6) ( C ) (i).

Question 9 reads:

"Are you under a final order of civil penalty for violating section 274C of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) for use of fraudulent documents or have you, by fraud or willful misrepresentation of a material fact, ever sought to procure, or procured, a visa, other documentation, entry into the United States, or any immigration benefit?"

Edited by coniefl
wasn't done writing the post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, coniefl said:

Filling out an I-485 for a K1-Visa in which we are now married. I have two questions thus far in filling out the form.

1. What do we put for the Last Name? Do we put her maiden name or her new married last name?

2. How do I answer Part 3 (processing information) Question 9 if my former fiance received a waiver for misrepresentation , ineligibility under section 212 (a) (6) ( C ) (i).

Question 9 reads:

"Are you under a final order of civil penalty for violating section 274C of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) for use of fraudulent documents or have you, by fraud or willful misrepresentation of a material fact, ever sought to procure, or procured, a visa, other documentation, entry into the United States, or any immigration benefit?"

1. She would use her married name as this is what she wants on her EAD/AP and GC I assume..

2. Well, has she? I'm not sure what the question is. Has she done any of those things, yea or no..

:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Suss&Camm said:

1. She would use her married name as this is what she wants on her EAD/AP and GC I assume..

2. Well, has she? I'm not sure what the question is. Has she done any of those things, yea or no..

:)

Thank you.

When she applied for the K1 visa they said she was inadmissible because of a misrepresentation, they couldn't tell us what it was because its came from CBP (Customs and Border Patrol) and they are not allowed to disclose information from another agency other than USCIS, but it did require a waiver to get the K1 Visa. We still do not know what the misrepresentation was, it wasn't done willingly, but the Government s interpretation of what "willingly" is isn't the same as "intentionally", because the inadmissabilty that require the waiver also stated willingly, and we have know idea what it was. Since we have the waiver I am unsure of what to answer for the question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah! I see what you mean... that is then tricky.. I know that you can request your full alien file from USCIS although I'm not sure how exactly you go about this or how long it would take or if it's always granted, but it seems weird to me that they wouldn't let you know what the waiver was for. Has she previously overstayed or something similar? Maybe you should go over her answers on the DS-160 thoroughly.

I didn't quite get what you mean that it stated on the waiver. Did it say on the waiver that it was willingly?

I hope maybe someone with more specific knowledge to these circumstances can have some more answers for you. But it always helps to give as many details as you possibly can for ppl to be able to help you. Each situation is so different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/31/2016 at 2:09 PM, Suss&Camm said:

Ah! I see what you mean... that is then tricky.. I know that you can request your full alien file from USCIS although I'm not sure how exactly you go about this or how long it would take or if it's always granted, but it seems weird to me that they wouldn't let you know what the waiver was for. Has she previously overstayed or something similar? Maybe you should go over her answers on the DS-160 thoroughly.

I didn't quite get what you mean that it stated on the waiver. Did it say on the waiver that it was willingly?

I hope maybe someone with more specific knowledge to these circumstances can have some more answers for you. But it always helps to give as many details as you possibly can for ppl to be able to help you. Each situation is so different.

 

Thank you.

 

It has nothing to do with the DS-160 and it wasn't an overstay, since the Consulate is not allowed to communicate the reasons from other agencies other then USCIS they were unable to tell us the exact reason, only a general reason. I guess I can get the Alien file, but first I will see if the attorney that represented us for the waiver can answer this. I will report back if so.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×