jm302music

Song I wrote for my fiancee

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Greetings, VJ friends!

I apologize to you right off for the shameless plug for my song. But, on a deeper level, I think some of you may find that this song captures the feeling of your journey as well. And I really just wanted to share this with the community, as I feel a bond with all of you going through this same journey.

I visited my (then) girlfriend last December to propose to her. That was the most beautiful week of my life.

At the end of our time together in the marvelous warm sunshine, I returned home to the dark, cold, dreary winter of Oregon, not knowing when we'd be together again. During the long flight home, I wrote this song about her, then shot a video within a couple of weeks after returning.

While the song (and video) capture the literal climate difference between the brightness and warmth of our two homes, the true meaning of the song is that the "bright side of the world" is anywhere that she and I are together.

Anyway, thanks for putting up with my shameless plug! I hope you like the song. Here's a link to the video -

Joel

Please check out my music video for "Bright Side of the World", the song I wrote for my fiancee. You can watch the video on YouTube here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKu3SvqCBfg

Thanks for listening! :)

Joel

Timeline

Thanks, everyone!

Randyandyuni, the "dark side of the world" beach is near Florence, Oregon, USA. Amazingly beautiful coastline, even in winter.

The "bright side of the world" beach is Dakak Beach Resort near Dapitan City in Zamboanga del Norte. Somehow, we found the place almost completely empty during our stay there in the first week of December. I proposed to Jenny at sunset on that beach, and could hardly imagine a more perfect place for a proposal.

Joel

Please check out my music video for "Bright Side of the World", the song I wrote for my fiancee. You can watch the video on YouTube here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKu3SvqCBfg

Joel

I thought so, I was there in April, beautiful resort, that is the beach outside the dining room? I couldn't see the condos on the hill on my he left, so wasn't sure.

Randy

Timeline

Hi, Randy! Yes, that's right, same beach! In the video footage, we were on down the beach a little bit in front of the "casita" cabins. That's very cool that you had a chance to visit, too!

I loved that place, man. Of course, my feelings about it could have something to do with the fact that the woman of my dreams said "yes" to my proposal there. :D

Joel

Joel

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.