3 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

I have a situation that I need advice. We are currently at the NVC stage with a 10 yr ban that is up in August 2016. I am a USC living out of the US with my husband for over 4 years. We have all the evidence and co-sponsor to complete the journey. We were being patient and waiting it out but our living situation has changed. The economy of our country, Brazil, has changed. My husband has a degree & certifications that are highly valued but now no one wants to hire him because he is apparently over-qualified? But there is a ton of work for him in the US. So what do we do? Push forward with this step and get denied having us to come up with the money for the waiver? It could get denied even though I consider this situation a hardship for us both. Could we make this our case for the waiver? Or do we stick it out for August?

Filed: Timeline

Schedule your consular appt for week after ban expires in 2016, or slow it down at NVC

would be the best route, you are almost there, its $585 for each waiver, it can take

6-8 mths and its not just a form to fill in, you'd need briefs, evidences etc.

It may be the sme time0frame

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

By the time you get the waiver prepared and it is approved it would most likely be August anyway. Not to mention the cost involved. Also since you have proved you can live in Brazil, I'd be concerned about getting a waiver approval....unless I'm missing something.

I wish you the best!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.